TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdub112

Christian Quits the WWE

Got this off the Wikipedia website for what it is worth.  Christian is now listed under former WWE wrestlers.

"On October 31, 2005, Christian quit WWE. According to Dave Meltzer, he was asked on the spot to sign a new contract during the tapings for the October 21, 2005 edition of SmackDown!. He wouldn't sign the contract, and his last match occured during the tapings for the November 4, 2005 edition of SmackDown!. Despite his quitting, however, it is reported that Christian will be present at the RAW production, Taboo Tuesday, and will work if he is selected to compete in the RAW vs. SmackDown match featured on the card."

Um, you know ANYONE can write Wikipedia entries, right?

In this year's Battle Royal, Trish will defend the Women's Championship against Ashley, Mickie James, Maria, Candice and Victoria. But what will they be wearing? You the fans can choose whether RAW's Divas will be dressed in lingerie, leather & lace, or cheerleader outfits.

Anyone know why Torrie Wilson has been removed from Taboo Tuesday?

Probably gonna dump her ass now they've brought up Laree and canned her hubby. She was starting to get a bit wrinkled around the eyes from all that tanning so maybe they decide she "looked too old" to be a diva anymore.

Guest Caseyorourke
Got this off the Wikipedia website for what it is worth.  Christian is now listed under former WWE wrestlers.

"On October 31, 2005, Christian quit WWE. According to Dave Meltzer, he was asked on the spot to sign a new contract during the tapings for the October 21, 2005 edition of SmackDown!. He wouldn't sign the contract, and his last match occured during the tapings for the November 4, 2005 edition of SmackDown!. Despite his quitting, however, it is reported that Christian will be present at the RAW production, Taboo Tuesday, and will work if he is selected to compete in the RAW vs. SmackDown match featured on the card."

Um, you know ANYONE can write Wikipedia entries, right?

I did say for what it is worth....eventually we will know what the true story is.

You know a couple of weeks ago, Eric Bischoff told his secretary to tell her secretary to leave a message on my answering machine for me to call Eric Bischoff. And then I called Eric Bischoff, and he proceeded to fire me over the phone.

I thought a big cloud was lifted off the career of Steve Austin. Because gone were the days when I'd go up to someone and say "hey, what about me and Sting? We got this big thing going, how about the cage?" And someone says "no baby, that's for someone else, we're gonna keep you right where you are right now."

Well I said, "well, how about me and Savage? I got this great idea: he comes in, he's got the Slim Jim deal, and I've got the..." "no Steve, that's for somebody else, baby."

Then you go "I got this great idea I can do with Hulk Hogan. I'm gonna be the Steve-a-maniac, and we're gonna take this thing all the way, because Hulk Hogan was the biggest thing to ever come down wrestling's pike". And they say, "no, that's not for you, brother. You can't do that. We're gonna keep you right where you are."

So I say "how about me and Brian get back together. The Hollywood Blondes. It was the best tag team to come along in 10 years." And they say, "nah Steve, we need you in a singles role, man. We need you to do this. We're gonna put the US title on you, and then we're gonna take you, and then you're the #1 contender, so you get this world title shot." Well all that shit never happened.

So here I am, floundering around. There's nothing going my way, because the politics in WCW kept the biggest potential superstar in wrestling on the god damn ground. What are you supposed to do? On one hand, they're paying you a bunch of money. They're paying me a bunch of money. Well on this hand, they're telling me "hey, go out there and give Bagwell one hell of a match. Go out there with an 18 year old German kid, give him 7 good minutes, let the people see what he can do."

They say you are what you eat. In WCW, they didn't feed me nothing but garbage. So I let myself become garbage. I became complacet with everything that they said. As long as big Ted kept sending in the checks, maybe I wasn't happy with what was going on, but I became complacet.

Then, they send me to Japan. The big injury. Bischoff delivers the shot heard around the damn world. Steve Austin's out of the high paying job. All of a sudden, the phone starts ringing off the hook. It's ECW, it's the WWF, it's All Japan, it's New Japan. And all Steve Austin has to do is make a decision.

Tod Gordon (whether he mortgaged his house one time, two times, maybe three times) came up with the right figures for Steve Austin to make a decision. I strolled into the ECW arena, it's the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen. I broke in, in a building called the Sportatorium in Dallas, Texas. Home of the world famous Von Erichs. Anybody that was anybody stepped foot in the Dallas Sportatorium.

For the last two years, all of you've heard about anywhere in wrestling is the famous ECW arena. Debut night, I rolled in. You got the Sandman, you got the Raven, you got the Pitbulls, you got Stevie Richards, you got the Public Enemy, you got the Gangstas, you got Mikey Whipwreck or whatever the hell his name is. You got a bunch of damn misfits running around thinking they can actually wrestle. All I've seen in ECW is a bunch of violent crap. And that's exactly what I'll call it, because that's what it is.

Steve Austin is here to wrestle. It's what I do best. It's what I do better than anybody in the world. Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, they got the big sendoff. Tears were in everybody's eyes, it was a big deal. All Steve Austin got was a good swift kick in the ass, as Eric Bischoff hung up the phone, and left me high and dry.

There's no Hogans here. There's no Flairs here. There's not a Dusty Rhodes. And there damn sure isn't an Eric Bischoff here. There's no one that can hold back Steve Austin now. Stunning? Tossed him out the window. Never was meant to be.

ECW is gonna find out first hand, what Steve Austin can be. And I'm gonna show everybody here, exactly what a true superstar is supposed to do. What a true superstar is supposed to be. Because no one here can hold me back. Not Tod Gordon, not Hulk Hogan, not Eric Bischoff. Nobody. I'm gonna be the superstar that I always knew I could be. Because there's no one, no one in ECW that can stop me.

I forgot how good this was.

That's how you wash away years of misuse. The last time anyone had seen Austin he was losing to Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Then he cut this gem.

Anyone know if he owns his ring name or not? IIRC, prior to signing with WWE he wrestled under "Christian Cage" but not sure if Christian became a WWF/E trademark when he signed up with them.

Guest *KNK*

Shouldn't matter anyways, Jay Reso isn't a bad name and one of the more intelligent things Kevin Nash ever said was "Using your own name is the best move you can make".

Anyone know if he owns his ring name or not?  IIRC, prior to signing with WWE he wrestled under "Christian Cage" but not sure if Christian became a WWF/E trademark when he signed up with them.

It's owned by WWE.

Christian Cage is now used by an OVW wrestler and it's probably got the WWE stamp on it now, as well.

I think it would be funny if they show a clip on Impact (assuming he signs with TNA) where he just shows up randomly in the back, walks up to Larry Z, shakes his hand while everyone looks on dumbfounded, and says "Hi, I'm Jay Reso, let's talk," and then they walk into Larry's office, or something like that.

Guest JMA
Shouldn't matter anyways, Jay Reso isn't a bad name and one of the more intelligent things Kevin Nash ever said was "Using your own name is the best move you can make".

Agreed. I've always liked the name "Jay Reso."

Guest karlitoapple

Here's some comments from Christian on WWE.com

Just prior to leaving the arena Tuesday night, former Intercontinental Champion Christian offered the following quote to WWE.com concerning his decision to quit World Wrestling Entertainment.

"Looking for a shoot interview? Looking for the inside scoop? You want to know all about how I walked into Vince’s office . . . how we got into a huge argument, slammed the door - stormed out of the company, and maybe one day they’ll have a self destruction of Christian DVD – that’s what you’re looking for?

Well, that’s not what happened. The actual reason is . . . well it’s a lot of personal reasons as to why I made the decision to leave WWE, and actually too many to get into, but I will say this . . . I gave everything I had to the WWE for eight years. I gave everything to the fans. I feel they gave me everything they had. But you know never say never in this business. Hopefully they won’t forget about Christian and we’ll see what happens in the future."

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but does anybody get the impression from reading his comments that maybe he just wants to step away from wrestling for the time being. For some reason his comments have me thinking that maybe him going to TNA soon is not a likely as people think. The last two sentences seem to indicate to me that he wants to leave the door open for the future. A door that wouldn't be open if he goes to TNA. Not because WWE won't want to take him back, but because TNA would sign him up long term.

Either that, or he's just trying to leave on good terms and not burn any bridges.

What an informative post that was, "alfdogg".

Anyway, good luck to Christian wherever he goes. What he lacked in explosive offensive or super-gonna-be-a-main eventer charisma, he had in down-to-earth, annoying dick yet kinda cool natural charisma.

I hope he wins the IWGP Title from Brock.

Here's some comments from Christian on WWE.com

Just prior to leaving the arena Tuesday night, former Intercontinental Champion Christian offered the following quote to WWE.com concerning his decision to quit World Wrestling Entertainment.

"Looking for a shoot interview? Looking for the inside scoop? You want to know all about how I walked into Vince’s office . . . how we got into a huge argument, slammed the door - stormed out of the company, and maybe one day they’ll have a self destruction of Christian DVD – that’s what you’re looking for?

Well, that’s not what happened. The actual reason is . . . well it’s a lot of personal reasons as to why I made the decision to leave WWE, and actually too many to get into, but I will say this . . . I gave everything I had to the WWE for eight years. I gave everything to the fans. I feel they gave me everything they had. But you know never say never in this business. Hopefully they won’t forget about Christian and we’ll see what happens in the future."

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but does anybody get the impression from reading his comments that  maybe he just wants to step away from wrestling for the time being. For some reason his comments have me thinking that maybe him going to TNA soon is not a likely as people think. The last two sentences seem to indicate to me that he wants to leave the door open for the future. A door that wouldn't be open if he goes to TNA. Not because WWE won't want to take him back, but because TNA would sign him up long term.

Either that, or he's just trying to leave on good terms and not burn any bridges.

Sounds like he needs a break from things. I think it's a awesome idea on his part. Spend time with his family and figure out what he wants to do from there.

Reading his comments, I just got the impression he's tired of banging his head on a wall (i.e. - Busting his ass, doing everything he's supposed to do, but not getting anything in return for it), so he's decided to walk away. I get the impression he'd go work elsewhere, like TNA, otherwise he'd have said "I've given everything I could to this industry". The way he worded it, it sounds more like he's just frustrated with WWE in specific.

Still, it looks like he chose his words carefully enough that they might think about bringing him back at some point.

Whether it's next year or years down the road, he'll be back at some point. WWE is like the mafia... Once you get in, you're never completely out.

I feel for Mr. Reso...such a great performer that got misused beyond belief. Christian moving to Smackdown was such a lousy move. He was getting so over earlier this year on Raw. He was one of the best guys to watch every week. And then he went to f'n nothing. He's been a great company man, as well...he did whatever WWE wanted him to do...remember the whole Ass Cream deal?

I was lucky enough to meet him at an event a while back...really friendly guy.

Hopefully he'll be back and maybe WWE will realize what they lost.

Friends of Christian are saying he feels that WWE management ignored him because they couldn’t take credit for his popularity. It’s said that he got himself over with fans, rather than moping around and expecting Vince or the writers to make him a star.

Credit: PWtorch

So it looks like Christian suffered Steven Richards' fate. :(

Guest *KNK*
Friends of Christian are saying he feels that WWE management ignored him because they couldn’t take credit for his popularity. It’s said that he got himself over with fans, rather than moping around and expecting Vince or the writers to make him a star.

Credit: PWtorch

So it looks like Christian suffered Steven Richards' fate. :(

Do they not remember that John Cena and Steve Austin created their gimmicks? They didn't go "oh shit, we didn't think of the white rapper idea, and he got over with it, bury him".