TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdub112

Christian Quits the WWE

Your theory = not even close.

While he will help Christian is not the type of guy who makes promotions.

Looking back, did you think Austin at the time would be that type of guy?

Austin's in-ring work SMOKED anything that Christian is/was doing. He just needed a new character. Christians problem is his in-ring work, the character bit he'll do just fine with.

While Christian isn't anything like Austin, or any of those other types of guys who has that "something special" element, he's still perfectly able to help out a wrestling company, especially a group that's only just now really getting off the ground. I wouldn't build around him, but I'd welcome him as a huge piece of the overall puzzle.

Do we know Christian is unable to work an excellent high octane match? I mean, the WWE style just doesn't work for a lot of wrestlers. How do we know a change won't allow him to open up and do some things he is capable of doing but wasn't allowed to do?

Do we know Christian is unable to work an excellent high octane match? I mean, the WWE style just doesn't work for a lot of wrestlers. How do we know a change won't allow him to open up and do some things he is capable of doing but wasn't allowed to do?

Agreed. Too many people are discounting him as an in-ring performer based solely on his most recently WWE work. I quite enjoyed his old stuff vs the Hardys, and a lot of his indy stuff pre-WWF was pretty good, IMO, as well.

I don't doubt that he'll show us a lot more in TNA then he did in WWE. The problem is that he'd be going up against workers like Joe, Styles, Aries and Daniels which may expose him more then help him.

This could easily prove to be Christian's best career move ever.

Exactly. I was never high on the guy until earlier this year when he really started to click on the mic, and he had a couple more memorable matches than usual.

WWE totally and utterly dropped the ball on him with the push he was anticipated to get around the time the draft occured. Instead he got punked in whatever kind of feud that was with Cena, got punked by Batista as well, and then jobs to JBL right off the bat in his first Smackdown match. Since then saying he's been stuck in midcard hell is an understatement.

I know he had been bitching quite vocally on his role right now and I can then see how WWE then takes the shitty route and basically forces him to either accept his role or get out. Glad he took the latter route since I think he will be extremely over in TNA, and will probably be there sooner than later.

Mike Johnson and Buck Woodward are back with a Breaking Hot News Hotline, discussing:

*Detailed reasons behind Christian's departure from World Wrestling Entertainment, why he made the decision, how long he had been unhappy, negotiations between he and WWE of late, the major WWE player that had been praising him, when his deal is believed to be up, his last ditch effort to make things work at yesterday's TV taping and more.

*The WWE wrestler who was evicted from the Smackdown locker room recently, by who, and why

Anyone an elite member?

Have any of you ever seen any of his pre-WWE work?

Maybe now he can join up with Rhino once again. :)

I haven't but I heard he was actually much better than he has been lately. I'm willing to say he is an extremely high class free agent with only Jericho being the top one, but he is forever unavailable to anyone but Vince.

Mike Johnson and Buck Woodward are back with a Breaking Hot News Hotline, discussing:

*Detailed reasons behind Christian's departure from World Wrestling Entertainment, why he made the decision, how long he had been unhappy, negotiations between he and WWE of late, the major WWE player that had been praising him, when his deal is believed to be up, his last ditch effort to make things work at yesterday's TV taping and more.

*The WWE wrestler who was evicted from the Smackdown locker room recently, by who, and why

Anyone an elite member?

The person who was evicted form the lockeroom was Matt Stryker...thrown out by Benoit and Guerrero. I think I read that yesterday somewhere, can't remember where though.

Anyone an elite member?

Keller reported Matt Stryker was evicted from the Smackdown locker room by the crippler a few days ago. Also, hardcore holly and JBL were pissed at him.

Guest ABOBO

Jericho hasn't signed a new contract since his last expired. If anything it's just verbal.

PWInsider.com reports that Christian has been miserable in WWE for quite a while, and it only got worse when he was moved to the SmackDown roster.

His quitting is not a work or storyline, however knowing WWE's recent booking style, it could be turned into a storyline later on. As previously noted, he did not sign the new contract that WWE offered him. Christian felt that WWE should have offered him more money for what he's been putting up with, and has told friends he will give WWE a chance write him out of storylines.

Christian has also told friends that he had a big run and saved his money, and is in a position where he can afford to quit the company. It's somewhat like the what happened with Chris Jericho, who has almost completely separated himself from pro wrestling.

Something interesting to note is that Christian lives in Florida, which is where TNA tapes all their shows and runs their PPVs. This would allow for a situation similar to Scott Hall or Kevin Nash's, where he can take the quick drive up to Orlando once or twice a week to wrestle, then go back home to be with his family.

---

The Christian quitting WWE story that was posted earlier today on WWE.com is not a work. We have been reporting now for months that Christian has not been happy with his current status in WWE. He has told friends that he is upset with current WWE storylines and felt he should have had more of a role on SmackDown!.

We're told Christian had been in contract renegotiations with WWE for quite some time. His current deal expires today and apparently last week a new deal was offered to him. He was told to sign it and go from there. We're told Christian refused to sign the contract either because he didn't like the wording of it or he just simply did not want to re-sign. He did agree with WWE to show up last night at the tapings to 'do the job'.

Several members of upper management were said to be surprised at the decision Christian made. Others felt it was only a matter of time before he got so fed up and left. His bio has also been removed from WWE.com.

Of course this will likely fuel rumors that Christian is headed to TNA. It's very early to even speculate just yet but if one had to guess, he'll be in TNA by early 2006. As noted earlier, Christian does live in Florida so it could be a situation similar to Kevin Nash where he could just drive to the arena, wrestle, and then go home. No word on if he'll have a no compete clause as his contract has expired.

Guys, he hasn't signed with TNA yet...let's quit evaluating his career there until something actually happens. For all we know, he could decide to retire or go work in Japan or something else entirely.

I wonder if him not re-signing was another WWE contract gaffe...kind of like when they forgot to re-sign Jeff Jarrett in '99, or the Rock earlier this year.

I think Christian is a good worker. He had a great match last week on Velocity with Brian Kendrick, and it didn't look like Kendrick was carrying Christian or anything ridiculous like that...

Guys, he hasn't signed with TNA yet...let's quit evaluating his career there until something actually happens. For all we know, he could decide to retire or go work in Japan or something else entirely.

Oh no! Someone call the no-speculation-allowed police!

It's fine to speculate, but it silly to act like it's already happening. I mean stuff like "this is a great career move for Christian to go to TNA" is kind of jumping the gun.

To add to that...remember when everyone thought Matt Hardy was going to TNA for sure, and was going to team with Jeff again and then win the NWA Title from Jeff Jarrett?