TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

TNA Announces Major debut @ Genesis

Guest nokia

MAJOR ACQUISITION" TO APPEAR FOR TNA THIS SUNDAY AT "GENESIS"

On Tuesday morning, TNA management informed TNAwrestling.com that the company has come to terms with a "major acquisition" who will appear this Sunday during the live "Genesis" Pay-Per-View.

When reached for comment, TNA executive Frank Dickerson offered the following:

"This is the single biggest jump in TNA history," Dickerson said. "The contract is signed, the travel is set and in my opinion, 'Genesis' just got a whole lot more intriguing."

TNA will have further information on the "major acquisition" this Sunday on the live countdown preshow a half hour before "Genesis".

* Can you say; Christian?????

Guest nokia

Jackie has signed, so Haas isn't a bad choice dude...

But if tna are smart, then Christian will be there sunday...

But what if Jericho or Lesnar comes instead...man oh man...!!!

I'm leaning towards Haas. Christian is a maybe.

It won't be Jericho or Lesnar. They are too big to waste on a surprise pop. If any of those 2 come in, they would promote it to help the buyrate. I'm not sure if Christian falls into this category which is why I have him as a maybe. Haas is most likely, followed by someone not thought of like Matt Morgan.

Woah Genesis is this Sunday? TNA really shouldn't be doing monthly PPVs... bi-monthly would be much better. It seems like Bound for Glory wasn't that long ago, and with Impacts being one hour it just doesn't seem like enough time to build month to month.

Is Nigel McGuiness on the show officially yet? I know they were considering putting him on versus Joe, but Nigel was booked overseas, then Nigel cleared it, but then they booked Joe for Survival X. If Nigel shows, that is going to rock.

They said it will be the biggest jump ever. That would make me believe that the person debuting is much greater than Team 3-D, since that appears to be the biggest aquisition thus far in terms of name recognition. I've always believe Christian would be a great singles wrestler, but right now I don't see him being a bigger name than Team 3-D. My guess is that its Chris Jericho.

My guess is that at Genesis with the 6-man Tag Main Event you'll see Team 3-D and AMW brawl to the back leaving Jarrett and Rhino in the ring. Ref gets bumped or distracted by Gail Kim and Jarrett levels him with the guitar. He either gets the pin there or they make Rhino look real strong by kicking out of that and having JJ immediately follow it up with The Stroke and then pin him. Either way JJ wins and then grabs the mic declaring there's nobody TNA can bring in to take the title off him. He runs down the list again and then new music hits up and Jericho comes up to end it with Jericho laying a verbal beat down on JJ.

Now why would Jericho be willing to go to TNA? Well the reasons are quite simple. If what I've been told is currect then they do two weeks worth of TV in one week along with one PPV. There's also no travel he has to really worry about. That means he could easily do this and still continue touring with his band, which allows him the best of both worlds.

Just my opinion though.

Meltz just said it is Christian

Meltz wasn't even close with that whole Raw thing where it ended up being Goldust and Vader coming out. Fuck what he says and cross your fingers for Jericho.

The original plans got changed.

Guest tony manero

Yep, I'm pretty sure Meltzer is right this time. As just confirmed by him, it's Christian.

And how was Meltzer not close with that RAW with Vader and Goldust? He said Vader was going to be there in advance.

Guest tony manero

Jericho doesn't have the 90 day clause, but that doesn't matter because he gave Vince his word that if he ever wrestles again, it will be for WWE.

Why would Jericho burn bridges like that when the status of TNA is still up in the air?

Has Jericho been out of WWE or 90 days?

Jericho's contract ran out, so he doesn't have to worry about a 90 day no compete clause. That only effects wrestlers WWE releases that are still under contract. It's why Christian can show up this sunday.

Guest Coffey

I'd say the prime suspects:

1. Christian

2. Jackie Gayda

3. Nigel McGuiness

4. Charlie Hass

5. Test

Meltzer saying it's Christian and him not having the 90 day "no-compete" clause makes it very plausible. Gayda & McGuiness have both been talked about in the past. Haas seems logical because of Gayda. Test was mentioned as earlier as yesterday. I don't think Jericho is too plausible.

Guest tony manero

Do you think we should alert those in the WWE folder that Christian signed with TNA? Only because a lot of guys never visit the TNA folder, and if they knew Christian signed with them, they'll give TNA a look.

Guest tony manero
Do you think we should alert those in the WWE folder that Christian signed with TNA?

are you for real?

Look, I just want to make sure that word travels well and word travels fast, so that TNA can finally become a major competitor to WWE.

Do you think we can expect a really awesome shoot interview from Christian this Sunday?

Guest SavageRulz
If it is Christian then he can't use that name, correct?

I think he can. Below is from Wrestling Observer:

Despite Vince McMahon having licenced the name "Christian" as copywrited WWE property several years ago, Christian will retain full rights to continue using the name outside of World Wrestling Entertainment.

For several years prior to entering the WWF as a member of The Brood, Christian wrestled on the independent circut as "The Canadian Rage" Christian Cage. The absolute worst case scenerio would be that he would have to use the last name Cage if he were to work outside of the WWE.

The precedent for this has already been set and enforced several times in favor of the individual performer. Vince McMahon had copywrited "The Honky Tonk Man" as his intellectual property, however the copywrite was struck down, as the former Intercontinental Champion was able to prove that he wrestled under the name "Honky Tonk Wayne" in Stampede Wrestling prior to his WWF debut, and was given full control over the name and gimmick. The Ultimate Warrior was also granted rights to the name "Warrior" as well as the character's trademark facepaint and ring attire, as Jim Hellwig was able to prove that he had used the Dingo Warrior gimmick prior to signing a WWF contract.

Guest tony manero

He can call himself Christian Charisma, Chris Charisma, Colonel Charisma, Christian Jay.......there's many options.