TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Facebook/MySpace/Webshots...

So this RA at my school got fired because they went through Facebook and found a webshots link that saw her drinking. She got fired because of that.

NOW the school is putting in a rule that says any pictures on Webshots, Facebook or MySpace that show something that is against the school rules, will get you in trouble.

Is this legal? Can the school do something like this? :angry:

I am pretty certain that you attend a private school. In that case, yes.

Even if it's just a public college, however, I still believe that the administration can enforce whatever rules they wish, regardless of how ridiculous they are... And this one is certainly pretty fucked up.

stop getting caught on camera doing things the school would not approve of...the school's have reps to think about, they don't want representatives and attendants of their school caught on camera doing shit that would ruin that rep...what's ridiculous about it?

seriously, would anyone here send their kid to a school full of teachers and administrators that like to party and get fucked up all the time?

I'mnot saying DON'T do it, I like to party too, but don't be a fucking moron about it...

I knew a guy that got busted for underage drinking and a noise complaint. His response was "Man why are they trying to ruin my good time!"

This makes me hate college students.....

seriously, would anyone here send their kid to a school full of teachers and administrators that like to party and get fucked up all the time?

Yes, it's called Colorado.

I won't send my daughter, there, that's for sure!

I damn sure wasn't allowing my fiancee to go. Just saying, some parents are stupid enough to send their kids there. And if any parent says, "I DIDN'T KNOW", they are full of it.

I always think it's stupid that people have pictures of themselves drinking anyway. Big whoop, we know you drink, is that supposed to make you cool or something? Especially freshmen and sophomore girls. That's still a pretty fucked rule, though.

I always think it's stupid that people have pictures of themselves drinking anyway.  Big whoop, we know you drink, is that supposed to make you cool or something?  Especially freshmen and sophomore girls.  That's still a pretty fucked rule, though.

No, but if that is what you do with your friends, you're capturing memories.

Yeah, but how many different times of you and your friends drinking do you need to capture? Do it if you want, but all those pics start looking like carbon copies of one another.

On a semi-related note, I just saw some photos of some girls I went to high school with at one of their birthday parties and DAMN, drinking has not done them well.

Speaking of schools I would never let one my future children go to. I would never let them go to Texas Tech. One really beautiful girl I went to high school with went there, and when she returned, her face was puffed up like she was a drinking buddy of Billy Joel for one year. Then there was another guy who went, became a complete drunk, then almost killed himself and his girlfriend when he t-boned another car one night. Luckily, he only wrecked his arm and collapsed a lung, as opposed to being dead.

Tech is in west Texas. The only thing to do there is to be depressed about the lack of plant life, watch the Red Raiders every Saturday, and get drunk.

In my myspace I have a first person view of me holding an Old Style. Why? Because I really enjoy the beer.

However, people doing nothing but posing with a beer in their hand shows a complete lack of creativity.

it's not so much the pictures I have a problem with (we all have at least one or two of these floating around somewhere), it's the guy taking the pictures...what a dork...you know, there's always some schmuck that thinks he's the life of the party running around with a camera...put the camera down, grab a beer and get laid, fag..

You know I just found out why that picture of the Eagle's fan bothers me. The eye paint. The jacket and cap are alright, and I can deal with the McNabb loving.

Please, get the sharpie off of your cheekbones.

They're the best for kegs and mixed drinks. Fill up a cup of keg beer, down it, and you're good to go. If it falls? Whoops, you spilled your booze. Go get more. If it were a glass cup and it fell? Spilled your beer and broke a glass. Now you have to go buy more glasses, sweep up the broken glass, AND get more booze. That's just too much of a hassle.

I have, I believe, TWO pictures of me in my MySpace account drunk and/or with an alcoholic beverage in my hands, and one of is of me and my best friend (AKA my "sister") and we both have drinks in our hands, and one is of me after half a bottle of Jager and some shots of Smirnoff Blue Label (and it holds deeper meaning because that was the night I found out my girlfriend, as we weren't together then, was interested in me).

You aren't allowed to drink in college anymore? Since when?

Was your RA under the age of 21? Cause otherwise, I really don't get it.

When did drinking become against school rules?

Was your RA under the age of 21? Cause otherwise, I really don't get it.

Even if he's 21, he's in direct contact with the freshmen and sophomores in his residence, so he has to adhere to completely different rules than a faculty member. An RA is considered to be an employee of the university, so couple that with the room and board and you get stringent school rules that state that the RA represents the school on OR off-campus, even if it isn't his shift.