TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Spoilers for Raw & SD! Tapings

I'm sure we're going to get a lot more backstage taped vignettes editted into the show, some Eddie matches, etc.

I'm looking forward to Monday and Friday.

Was a diva's battle royal really necessary?  C'mon.

What, girls shouldn't be on the show because Eddie died? I wouldn't be surprised it it was a better match than Cena/Orton.

This company has conditioned me to equate "diva's battle royal" with "gratuitous t & a". If it's a straight-up match, I guess it's OK.

Guest Desperate Housewife

Nothing wrong with the Diva Battle Royal. Eddie did like the chicks. Although I think they've forgotten he was with Victoria in the shower

Guest Leelee

Why are they having all these interpromotional matches?

I could see if they were just a few good wrestling matchups in memory of Eddy... but, this just makes the split even more meaningless.

Why are they having all these interpromotional matches?

I could see if they were just a few good wrestling matchups in memory of Eddy... but, this just makes the split even more meaningless.

Well, this week is the equivalent of the Halloween episode of 'The Simpsons,' it's non-canonical and will not be referred to again.

Guest Caseyorourke
Didn't it say somewhere in the other thread that Chavo chose to wrestle, or am I imagining things.

It did say that he would perform tonight and he said the same in the press conference.

Guest Fook

Chavo said during the press conference that Vince gave him the choice of going home, staying in his hotel room, or wrestling tonight and that he chose wrestling.

And I'm guessing they didn't job Orton to Cena because they still want to put the belt on Orton so having him job (even on a tribute show) is not in their plans.

After this, Triple H gave a speech about Eddie. This was an inopportune time for Hunter to give his speech, following Benoit like that. It was said that a skeptic might have questioned Hunter's intentions. Hunter said Eddie was well liked by everyone in the locker room, and that no one had a bad thing to say about him.

They (anti-HHH people) said this about HHH and Chyna's remarks on the Owen Raw

Geez, Triple H can't do ANYTHING without anti HHH guys questioning his motives or the veracity of what he is saying

Guest Desperate Housewife

People aren't allowed say positive things about HHH, anywhere, apparantly

Guest *KNK*
After this, Triple H gave a speech about Eddie. This was an inopportune time for Hunter to give his speech, following Benoit like that. It was said that a skeptic might have questioned Hunter's intentions. Hunter said Eddie was well liked by everyone in the locker room, and that no one had a bad thing to say about him.

Geez, Triple H can't do ANYTHING without anti HHH guys questioning his motives or the veracity of what he is saying

Despite the fact that Triple H was barely an upper-carder at the time of Owen's death and was still one of the IWC's darlings @ the time? If there was ANY negative aspects spilled from the "anti" people, it was towards Austin.

If there's any sort attitude towards HHH in that specific instance, it's the haters using revisionist memory.

Guest Caseyorourke
Man, if it was Chavo and Benoit, that would be amazing.

Will he wrestle as Kerwin White or pay tribute to Eddie by wrestling as Chavo?

I hope he drops this gimmick and goes back to his roots.

People aren't allowed say positive things about HHH, anywhere, apparantly

Yeah, but here (and with Owen) its like everyone is making it seem that HHH is being just a shill who never liked or cared about the guy in the first place

Same thing also happened with the Shane McMahon "Wakeing the Blazer" story on the Owen Hart Raw where Bret vhemetly said the story about the prank Shane said he and Bret pulled on Owen never happened.

Put it this way, its like media pundits acting all remorse and reflective on say Ronald Regan and Richard Nixon when everyone knows they all hated both former presidents and ripped them to shreds when they were alive

After a quick set change, they moved Eddie's car to the aisle. It was confirmed that Tazz and Michael Cole were doing commentary for the show. It could not be confirmed whether Cole was bored, taking a nap, calling the action, or some combination thereof.

Batista came out, and said he didn't know if he should be the one to out there at this time. He said, "He'd hate to see me out here crying like a baby. There's two things I know: He loved his family and he loved this business. He found peace in this ring. My one comfort is knowing Eddie is now at peace. He is with God. I miss you, I love you, I will make sure no one ever forgets you."

(1) Matt Hardy defeated Carlito Cool. Hardy won the match with a Twist of Fate. After the match, Hardy hung around Eddie's car for a bit. He did not get as emotional as some of the other wrestlers on this night, though.

Vince McMahon then came out to say some words. He said Eddie loved to perform, and then gave one of his trademark big gulps. He said there was one thing Eddie loved more than wrestling and that was his family. Vince talked about how everyone, all the wrestlers and production people and everything, were his family. He concluded by saying, "Eddie was a good man. A damn good man."

I guess it's because people are dumb. HHH was one of the more emotional people during the taped speeches for Owen.