TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO RAW thread - 11/14/05

I agree they looked like it was just another show to them, but so did Eugene and Nova. Like my friend said, maybe that is the only way they knew how to cope. It just seemed out of place. At least Eugene stole the Dean Machine to make it sorta like a tribute.

I think the Dean/Eugene match had to be in character. There were a lot of kids there (and watching tonight), and if being able to laugh at Eugene's stupidity and Dean's bump at the end helped them get through the show so be it.

I just read through this thread... what is the story with those two jokers doing haikus or what have you and blaming Downhome for Eddie's death? Stupid stuff...

Anyway, as I've mentioned before, I cancelled plans made on Saturday to watch Raw at a friend's house in the event this show became too emotional for me, and it did right off the bat. Angle/Benjamin was a great TV match and took me out of the moment and made me feel good again, and I was ok until Benoit's promo broke me again. Cena/Orton was pointless as a match but Cena's post match tribute was great stuff. I applaud WWE for putting this tribute together and am interested in seeing SmackDown's version of it this week.

Also, you could tell early on Styles was quite drained, even admitting that he needed to get into a match and call it to temporarliy get over Eddie. He still did a good job though and I really enjoy the little things that he points out (ex. Eddie and Cena's 2003 feud with the street fight).

Let's hear what you guys thought about Mysterio/HBK and Angle/Shelton. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who wouldn't mind seeing a series of matches for both of those pairings. Has Mysterio/HBK ever worked with one another before? If not, and I don't think they have, then that was a hell of a match even more so. They sure did click together in that match, and we all know that Angle/Shelton would be big money if pushed the right way.

I hope Styles doesn't get in trouble for pointing out how Michaels is usually the small man in his matches, but was the big man against Rey. That really made it clear to me just how small Rey must be (not that it matters to me or anything - he's one of my favs in WWE). It was a good match and I enjoyed seeing Shawn be the subtle heel by doing his not so subtle selling, if that makes any sense.

-Maria brought a smile to my face.

-Rey vs HBK was amazing and one of the best tribute matches I've seen

-Angle vs Shelton was right up there with the Rey/HBK match

-Again, Maria was fucking adorable and great. The crowd wanted her to win.

That's my last thoughts on the show.

King had a quick line that no one else seems to have caught that, unless I misheard, was pretty funny - he said he had to make sure to put Maria on his "to do" list. Not a bad idea if I say so myself.

I really wish people could just fucking get over Rey's size, ya know? So what if he's small? He has a solid to great match with just about everyone he works with, from guys like Eddie to Kurt Angle all the way up to the bigger guys like JBL. By this point, I'd say many of the fans out there actually buy him as being able to beat the larger guys, since he does so in such exciting fashion.

I still say he should be the champ one day. He's a far better worker than most of the guys that they are pushing, and he's over than most if not all of them.

One of my favorite lines was from Lawler also, although it wasn't because of his wit. When talking about Eddie he asked him once what he'd ever do if he got a hole-in-one, and Lawler said that he told him he's mark down a zero.

If that isn't classic Eddie, I don't know what is.

Guest *KNK*
I hope Styles doesn't get in trouble for pointing out how Michaels is usually the small man in his matches, but was the big man against Rey. That really made it clear to me just how small Rey must be (not that it matters to me or anything - he's one of my favs in WWE). It was a good match and I enjoyed seeing Shawn be the subtle heel by doing his not so subtle selling, if that makes any sense.

Why would he? They always point out Rey's disadvantage in size as well as his advantage of quickness. Styles made a good point of addresing how this is a rariety for Shawn to lose the quickness edge but gain the size advantage.

Hardly anything to get in "trouble" for.

Well sometimes you never know... I ASSUME he wouldn't, but there might be some backlash about pointing out that a WWE superstar is short. I don't think in this case it would matter though for the reasons you mentioned.

Under the circustances those matches were great and I can only hope that they will each have a chance to work together again...especially with 3 out of the 4 on the same roster so there's no excuse not to have Angle vs. Shelton and HBK vs. Shelton too...hell he should be wrestling every body on the roster...and seeing these "dream" matches just makes me even more sad that Eddie can't be included... :(

Let's hear what you guys thought about Mysterio/HBK and Angle/Shelton. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who wouldn't mind seeing a series of matches for both of those pairings. Has Mysterio/HBK ever worked with one another before? If not, and I don't think they have, then that was a hell of a match even more so. They sure did click together in that match, and we all know that Angle/Shelton would be big money if pushed the right way.

If I remember correctly, the onlyother time that EHBK and Mysterio came in contact was at the draft show last year.

HBK did a plancha onto Cena, Rey, Flair, and Batista during the Eddie/HHH match.

Guest *KNK*

Speaking of Shawn, they need to ship him over to Smackdown. SD needs a big name now to replace Eddie and Shawn's done everything on Raw that there is to do.

-Maria brought a smile to my face.

-Rey vs HBK was amazing and one of the best tribute matches I've seen

-Angle vs Shelton was right up there with the Rey/HBK match

-Again, Maria was fucking adorable and great. The crowd wanted her to win.

That's my last thoughts on the show.

Add:

The fitting tribute at the beginning of the show along with the video package to Johnny Cash's "Hurt" and you've got it down.

I can see Owen, Eddie, and Curt all up there playing pranks of Andre, while Rude and Pillman laugh there ass off.

Thanks to everyone for posting tonight in such a difficult time, but just remember that the show will go on.

R.I.P. Eddie

Thank you.

On a lighter note I think that Kane and the Big Show sold MNM being freaky losers perfectly. During the entrance they both just stood there and stared with their jaws dropped like "Are these guys serious?"

A friend of mine on the west coast is watching this right now, and says that Candace is showing signs of becoming a good technical female wrestler.

Uh, all she did was that Tranchula rip off move. The rest of the match, she just got cheapshots in and let Victoria do all the work.

A friend of mine on the west coast is watching this right now, and says that Candace is showing signs of becoming a good technical female wrestler.

Uh, all she did was that Tranchula rip off move. The rest of the match, she just got cheapshots in and let Victoria do all the work.

...really? A friend of mine said she did the Gory Special as well.

Maybe he was getting the wrong person.

its about 3/4s done here in socal..

..and lemme just say. This shit is hard to watch. You think you're done, you're too tired to let this get to you anymore, and it keeps going.

Apparently when Benoit comes on everythings gonna go krazy. bah

When talking about Eddie he asked him once what he'd ever do if he got a hole-in-one, and Lawler said that he told him he's mark down a zero.

How is that "classic" Eddie Guerrero? Classic Eddie Guerrero would be five-star matches in Japan with Chris Benoit and the like. That's just stuff from his racist caricature persona of the last three years.

When talking about Eddie he asked him once what he'd ever do if he got a hole-in-one, and Lawler said that he told him he's mark down a zero.

How is that "classic" Eddie Guerrero? Classic Eddie Guerrero would be five-star matches in Japan with Chris Benoit and the like. That's just stuff from his racist caricature persona of the last three years.

Man, shut up. Everyone has their favorite moments. No need to be a prick about it.

And of course no one liked that persona at all.

Watching the show tonight was definitely emotional, but watching Benoit and Big Dave lose it as well as the tribute video got to me. Yes I will agree seeing Maria was a pleasant distraction to the grief. But what a class ending to tonight's show with the shirt and the belt it said what everyone feels which was Eddie will forever be a champion in all our hearts.