TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJ Johnson

Lockdown Comments!

Guest Rage676

yay for rushjob losses.

Taco Bell can suck my asscrack.

Upon further review, Very nice match, JJ. Kudos to you for winning the Cold Front Battle Royal.

The Hide and Seek match was a great read too. Congrats to Bruce as well.

A few things to say on Bruce's match:

I chose your match because you utilized the surroundings to it's fullest. You're grammar and organization needs a little work, but overall, you used and abused (In a very good way) the unique setting, and made the match something really different and interesting. Not only that, but your ability to adher to the 'Family-friendly' rules was very, very clever, and it was touches like that that really gave your match an edge.

But I will say that you do really need to get your grammar down. Punctuation was really bad at times, with a lot of quotes and sentences without any sort of end will cost you really close matches at times, and if you work on that you'll become a real dangerous competitor.

Overall though, excellent, excellent effort. You delievered the kind of match that I expected and wanted from the stipulation, and it was definitely a nice read after the Wings lost tonight. :)

Next time I get a Hardcore Match, could I please have a match that doesn't take place in a building that I need to have visited in a country I've never been to in my life kthanksbye.

Anyway, no problems on my end. Besides the fact mine was probably about 1k over the word limit, I really couldn't get the surroundings down properly. So I 'improvised'. I think there were two hockey props in my entire match and that was it.

I'll post my match up anyway. Judgems, if you get the time I'd love some feedback on what I did right or wrong or whatever.

Other than that, huge congrats to JJ. Who knows, maybe winning the Battle Royal's an omen and you'll do exactly what that other guy who won the Royal last year did. Whatever happened to him, eh?

But I will say that you do really need to get your grammar down. Punctuation was really bad at times, with a lot of quotes and sentences without any sort of end will cost you really close matches at times, and if you work on that you'll become a real dangerous competitor.
I know, my biggest problem - anyone know a good engrish tutor??

cheap

maybe even free ;)

but yes I know it's an issue and I'm working to get better - thank you for the input, everything helps when you're trying to improve

Next time I get a Hardcore Match, could I please have a match that doesn't take place in a building that I need to have visited in a country I've never been to in my life kthanksbye.
You mean like this Dane here who - yes has been to the States but Dayton, Alabama and L.A. are not really a help on Detroit ;)

I read the site, noted down some stuff

and then proceeded to pull stuff out of my ass ;) it's the secret to my success - ass-pulling

I still can't believe I actually won :headbang:

Hardcore champion with slightly bad grammar...reminds me of someone.

Yeah the show was great. But I think we need more promos. Now this may be because of my own lazyness with the characters, but I see no difference between Akira and Candace, other than that one is male and the other female, and of course the catchy nicknames. Promos from the new comers to build character would be great for yourself and for the results. Of course I know time is a factor and that this is primarly a match writing fed, but....

Anyway still a great show, and congrats to Triple J.

Based solely on the results of the battle royale, JJ Johnson not winning the Cold Front Classic would absolutely baffle me.

The thing about the seeding battle royale is that you get to tailor things however you like. What Johnson did was score himself a fairly easy first round match (Candace), and in the second round he faces one of the streakiest writers in the fed (Spike) or a complete unknown who may or may not have an iota of writing talent. Meanwhile -- in my honest opinion -- you have three of the top four writers in the tournament (TORU, Wildchild and Hawke) and one who's capable of hanging with them (Dangerous), and they're all going to kill each other. What JJ did was set thing up so he only has one, possibly two difficult matches, and that's a huge advantage in a single-elimination tournament.

Mothernature agrees.

Nice card over all. I enjoyed reading all the matches. They were some that were very well written.

Sorry I didn't get my match in. I had the whole damn thing nearly written and on floppy disc, but for some reason it wouldn't open on my computer at home. I guess I'll have to invest in a flash drive or something because after this I am never, ever going to trusta floppy disc again. I lost a 4000 word match because of the damn floppy.

Regardless very nice work from all who did show up and hopefully I can redeem myself on the next card.

In order to make sure that my record remains intact, I'd like to point out that I DID show for this - i provided the first 3k of JJ's (so basically all the boring entrances and the first clusterfucky crap). I only realised after we'd planned it out that we'd given me Hawke in the first round... but to be fair, that's fun for me. As long as I'm in the tournament I'm happy - TORU doesn't need a singles push, and Johnson is the only guy who never really got some sort of boost after Rev-0 (apart from Sarah, but she just upped and died), so it seems fair to me...

Sign in to follow this