TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Welp... called Microsoft today and talked to "Devin".

Not much of a hassle that I thought it would be. Gonna ship me a UPS box within 3-5 business days for me to ship my system to McAllen, TX for fixing. Said it'd be about a two week turnaround for me to get my system back.

Hopfully this fixes everything...

My nearest Gamestop is having a sale--buy 2 get 1 on used original xbox games. I'm not sure if it's every store or not, so you may want to call.

The aftermarket price for Panzer Dragoon Orta has gotten up to $25 or so, it appears. So nab 'em while you can.

It's hella weak that the Core is still so...Core-y. Considering how much their memory units cost, they should throw a 512MB memory unit in the box, so folks can have the nice feature of saving their games.

Just bought Rainbow 6 Vegas for 38 bucks from Compusa. The one down the street from me has a shit load of Wii games and PSP games for 30% off. I am guessing because noone really has a Wii in Atlanta!

Saint's Row has gone Platinum.

$30 for "budget" releases is sucky, though. The downside of next gen. :(

Hey, remember when Nintendo debuted the Player's Choice line for Gamecube, and the games were $30 and there were only three of them? It's least it's this case it's actually half of the regular retail price. That was pre-Reggie, though. I doubt he would do a similar promotion in such a lame manner.

Somewhat. What was lame about that and what's lame about this is that by the time the budget versions come out, retailers have already gone below the original MSRP and gotten close to or met that $30 budget release price.

Granted, Gears probably is going to stay up there forever (Best Buy has it for 50 bucks which is the lowest I've seen out of major retailer), but most other games have seen a steady decrease in price. I could buy Dead Rising for 40 bucks now, or wait Lord knows how long for the Plat version, which by then the game will be $30 most places anyway.

Or, I could go to the secondary market and get both Gears and Dead Rising for about 30ish each right now. I was loving it when top-tier console releases were coming out at 40 bucks. However, if this type of thing continues companies will suffer and it'll be Gamestop raking in all the profits. Bah.

I guess what I'm getting at is that gaming is an expensive hobby and is getting even more expensive. So I probably deserve run over with the Obviousmobile.

That was pre-Reggie, though. I doubt he would do a similar promotion in such a lame manner.

I'd wait until Wii gets Player's Choice releases before declaring that.

With the Ebay around there is absolutely no reason to ever pay more than 40 bucks for a game. EVER.

With the Ebay around there is absolutely no reason to ever pay more than 40 bucks for a game. EVER.

Unless it's out of print and difficult / not currently possible to emulate...

I agree with Andrew. Try finding a cheap copy of Harvest Moon 64. I dare you!

Last time I seen one was $29.99 at a pawn shop.

Canadian

I'm late to the party. I got a broken 360 from my friend, who was planning on getting an Elite, and thus all I have to pay for is the repairs and it's mine. According to Microsoft tech support, it's on it's way back to me now.

Anyone played Worms on the XBLA? I've heard it was horribly stripped of features and weapons, but damn, I loves me some Worms!

Only thing I have against the 360 is how some games feel unfinished only to release something on the marketplace you have to spend microsoft points to download.

Only thing I have against the 360 is how some games feel unfinished only to release something on the marketplace you have to spend microsoft points to download.

Which games? Guitar Hero?

So Spiderman 3 and C&C both come out within a week of each other and I can really only afford one right now (I have both pre-ordered) and I can't decide on which one to get.

I loved Spiderman 2 and I'm more than likely will like Spiderman 3 even more, espically since you can do a lot more since it doesn't just follow the movie, on the other hand...Command and Conquer comes out and I love that series as well, plus it has multi-player. So I'm kinda torned on which one to get first...what are your thoughts?

The thought of playing an RTS on a console frightens me to no end. Well, any console other than the Wii. Ultimate Spiderman was good, but I don't know if the same people are making the movie games.

So Spiderman 3 and C&C both come out within a week of each other and I can really only afford one right now (I have both pre-ordered) and I can't decide on which one to get.

I loved Spiderman 2 and I'm more than likely will like Spiderman 3 even more, espically since you can do a lot more since it doesn't just follow the movie, on the other hand...Command and Conquer comes out and I love that series as well, plus it has multi-player. So I'm kinda torned on which one to get first...what are your thoughts?

Personally, I'm getting C&C (actually, C&C and .Hack/GU pt. 2, but that wasn't one of your options). Spiderman games are pretty fun (I liked the inclusion of Black Cat in 2) but for some reason this one just screams "same old, same old" to me. I'll wait for the reviews. If they're positive I'll probably pick it up at some point.

As movie games tend to do, the price for Spiderman 3 will drop sharply soon, plus you'll be able to judge better by WOM than by reviews. So I'd say C&C on that principle.

Aye Spiderman3 is £44.99 atm, damn expensive.

As for games on the Marketplace that charge extra for bits that should have been in the game to begin with - Madden07 - old stadiums, teams, etc, easily could have been unlockables for achievements in game such as Madden Player Points. It's the fact that they'll be on the market place as soon as the game is released. There's also a few downloadable games that you buy and play then have to buy updates for to play against friends, that was annoying.

If you believe Epic, Microsoft is making them charge for the new content, like with the new Gears of War Map pack (which is beautiful by the way. good look at what the next game could look like.)

Its still going to be free in Sept. And I kinda believe Epic, because the company has a history of releasing free stuff.

Command and Conquer was a great looking game to play, but it just felt awkward to me. RTS on consoles usually do.

Command and Conquer was a great looking game to play, but it just felt awkward to me. RTS on consoles usually do.

Yeah, that's been my big concern since it was announced for the 360, and an IGN hands-on preview does say that the control system works, but that later on in the game it's hard as hell keeping up with the computer's actions because the controller doesn't work as well as the mouse/keyboard setup. I'll still give it a shot though, since I'm a sucker for C&C (although I like the Red Alert games more than the Tiberium games as a whole).

I'm having problems with Dead Rising. I'm trying to use the "shortcut" that you get after beating Adam. Greg leads me to the women's bathroom...then...stands there. I see no opening, the stalls do nothing but save, there's nothing to select by the counter. What the hell? Where's the shortcut?

EDIT: Nevermind. You stand on the counter. Bah.

I think you climb up on the counter and there's a hidden door to select.