TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

I think you all are mistaking computer monitors for TVs, and granted you can probably display HD Res on the computer monitor so I guess its no different but still.

99% of HDTVs haven't had VGA ports in them ever since DVI was introduced.

No. thats not true.

VGA ports started to leave from production about a year and a half ago.

Huzzah being in the 1% group! VGA and built in tuners OMG!

Me too High Five! I have an HDMI port in mine too and a VGA port on the front (though I always just figured the VGA was if you wanted to hook your computer up).

My TV is slightly less than a year old and has a VGA port. It's nice to hook it up to the computer to watch movies and such. Beats any DVD player you can buy.

What if you by an HD-DVD player? muahahahahaha!

The 360 only upconverted DVDs on VGA, so that is why they used it.

Ah, I get it now. I have a really nice 5 disc Sony DVD player so Ive never used my 360 for watching movies.

so Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 comes out i think tomorrow, and today I got a call from Gamestop, problem was, I hung up because I thought it was some kind of message selling something. Was that call from gamestop telling me my guitar hero was in?

I thought I saw some kid buy GH2 at Gamecrazy the other day for 360.

You could be right, I heard some circuit cities got it in early as well and started selling it. One guy from another message board was able to pick one up and was playing it on Sunday night. So it could have happen with Gamecrazy as well.

The Trooper is fun/hard to play.

The Trooper is easily the best of the new songs. I do think Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo is fun to play as well. I'm still not sold on the X-Plorer (with all of its initial problems) but I'm glad I held out and got the 360 version.

I found out that I suck at the game last night. Failed Heart Shaped Box on easy on my first try, but that unlocked an achievement for my brother's friend, so something good came out of it.

Got the last copy of GH2 for the 360 at a local store yesterday after work. It's hard getting my fingers mocing fast enough, even for some of the tracks on Easy (Cherry Pie leaps to mind). And I can't quite get hammer-ons down to simplify matters. I guess it'll come with practice, I'm just an instant gratification sort.

I bought a 360.

Quick question--will any standard USB controller work as a wired, or do you need to buy specially marked 360 pads?

I don't know for sure, but off the top of my head i say..Come on....its Microsoft. Of course standard won't work.

For those wondering, you can use some WD HD as a xbox 360 hardrive. only works up to 120gigs since thats the highest that the 360 supports.

you can get the details on xbox scene.

I don't know for sure, but off the top of my head i say..Come on....its Microsoft. Of course standard won't work.

For those wondering, you can use some WD HD as a xbox 360 hardrive. only works up to 120gigs since thats the highest that the 360 supports.

Common sense told me so (price of wired controllers MS is selling), but it didn't hurt to ask. :P

And cool, didn't know about that. Have you actually done it? It talks about partitioning it if it is any larger than 32GBs...will it matter to the 360 when you pick your storage device when it's partitioned?

Oh, and I downloaded the Crackdown demo and playing the crap out of it. I know the full game doesn't have you level up quite so fast, but it isn't tedious, is it?

I do have some trouble getting around in vehicles without killing police and civilians though. Oops. Same way in the full game?

I haven't tried it yet. I probably will order a HD on Friday and try it. Worse case scenario, i have a new Sata drive, which is cool because I need one anyway. It doesn't seem that difficult.

I haven't gotten Crackdown yet. I played the Demo to death though. I will grab it off ebay in like a month or two when its like 20 bucks.

My current obsession is Gears of War online. Wonderful Wonderful game.

I haven't tried it yet. I probably will order a HD on Friday and try it. Worse case scenario, i have a new Sata drive, which is cool because I need one anyway. It doesn't seem that difficult.

I haven't gotten Crackdown yet. I played the Demo to death though. I will grab it off ebay in like a month or two when its like 20 bucks.

Gears of War was fun, but I prefer Rainbow Six Vegas. I always hated on Gears how you had to unload a whole machine gun clip into someone to kill them.

Well, I've 4 and 5 starred everything on Easy difficulty on GH2, so without thinking about it I bump up to Medium difficulty without trying anything out in Practice mode. I click on Surrender and manage to make it about 45 seconds in before I bottom out. I wasn't used to having to use my pinky on the blue button, and the chord work was a helluva lot more prevalent. I don't even know how you're supposed to hit the orance button once it comes in to play.

Looks like I get to start all over. I practiced it a few times and got up to about 86% so I think I'll be ready to start a career on Medium tomorrow. The rather substantial jump in difficulty surprised me.

Common sense told me so (price of wired controllers MS is selling), but it didn't hurt to ask. :P

And cool, didn't know about that. Have you actually done it? It talks about partitioning it if it is any larger than 32GBs...will it matter to the 360 when you pick your storage device when it's partitioned?

Oh, and I downloaded the Crackdown demo and playing the crap out of it. I know the full game doesn't have you level up quite so fast, but it isn't tedious, is it?

I do have some trouble getting around in vehicles without killing police and civilians though. Oops. Same way in the full game?

yeah, you'll hit other cops and civs all the time. There's really no way of getting around it, espically in the car racing stuff. Whats worse is that you actually loose level points for running over cops and civs, but like I said, there's really no way around hitting them.

Gears of War was fun, but I prefer Rainbow Six Vegas. I always hated on Gears how you had to unload a whole machine gun clip into someone to kill them.

Not if you aim better.

And I am not the greatest at it, although last night I had a break through and started taking people out. I haven't even played Rainbow Six Vegas yet.

Is that better than GRAW2, because I was thinking about getting that.

Alright..last night while playing MLB 2k7 the game seemed to freeze up.. screen got a bit jumbled and the system just froze.

Turned off the system, turned it back on and the red rings of death came on.... upper right zone wasn't lit. Got the green lights back and tried to play MLB again.. same shit happened.

Just now, tried to play Crackdown and the system froze up while loading me into a supply point. (MLB happened once while picking my starting pitcher for a franchise game.. the other time during the game)

Is this a case of something wrong with the HD, or is it the dreaded CD-Drive problem?