TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Anyone have the wireless connection for the 360?

And if so how easy is it to set up to your wireless network?

I have it and it's easy to setup.

Does anyone know if the 360 will work with wireless adapters besides the official X-Box one (that retails for $99)?

I too would like to know this.

I have a Linksys set up in our apartment, but I really don't want to shell out 100 bucks for something that I likely wouldn't use but for roster updates.

On the Crackdown Demo: I enjoyed it for the most part, my only major problem with the demo was that I had no clue what I was suppose to be doing. I just know I had to find a few gang members and kill them. I think when I play the actual game, maybe I'll understand what to do more and won't get lost, but that was my main problem playing the demo. Finding and using the upgrades were cool though. Reminding me of Spiderman 2 and I loved Spiderman 2.

On Lost Planet: I rented it, I didn't get to play much because I just didn't have the time, the single player was fun, a bit of a challange but fun, and I've heard positives about the Multi-player but I recommand you rent it before you buy it.

On the Crackdown Demo: I enjoyed it for the most part, my only major problem with the demo was that I had no clue what I was suppose to be doing. I just know I had to find a few gang members and kill them. I think when I play the actual game, maybe I'll understand what to do more and won't get lost, but that was my main problem playing the demo. Finding and using the upgrades were cool though. Reminding me of Spiderman 2 and I loved Spiderman 2.

On Lost Planet: I rented it, I didn't get to play much because I just didn't have the time, the single player was fun, a bit of a challange but fun, and I've heard positives about the Multi-player but I recommand you rent it before you buy it.

Basically your job is to find gang leaders and assassinate them. Each of them runs a certain part of the gang and as you eliminate them the gang becomes weaker. If you're in different parts of the city near a gang leaders HQ you will get a briefing and a spot on your map will tell you where they are.

Does anyone know if the 360 will work with wireless adapters besides the official X-Box one (that retails for $99)?

I have a Linksys set up in our apartment, but I really don't want to shell out 100 bucks for something that I likely wouldn't use but for roster updates.

if you really want you can just get some cat5 cable and run it to the 360, that's a much cheaper way to do it.

Has there ever been a console with as many technical problems as the 360? Every day, I seem to deal with customer after customer whose 360s have turned into $500 paperweights for no reason. Add to that the recall on the copies of Ghost Recon that the common platinum package ships with, and you've got a situation that would be laughable if it wasn't so infuriating.

This rumoured redesign is gonna go over REAL well with all the folks who blew hundreds of dollars on the first version.

PlayStation 2.

Okay, you've got me there. Still, these kinds of errors aren't acceptable, given the price tag that the machine carries. They're gonna have to make this redesign flawless, or people will start abandoning the Xbox en masse.

So who's got an XBox 360 modchip, and how is it working out? I'm probably going to get one but I'm wondering if I should wait for the newer chips that usually come out during a console's lifespan. Also, I have a place I get this stuff at, but I'm looking for other mod shops in Canada, or specifically Toronto.

if you really want you can just get some cat5 cable and run it to the 360, that's a much cheaper way to do it.

My X-Box 360 isn't even on the same floor of my house as my router.

Then get a wireless adapter, if the knock off doesnt work return it. Things cost money.

Just downloaded the Def Jam Icon demo and I was hyped up for it, because I loved the first two games. Well, it sucks ass and it's nothing like the first two.

Just downloaded the Def Jam Icon demo and I was hyped up for it, because I loved the first two games. Well, it sucks ass and it's nothing like the first two.

Seriously why did EA have to fuck with the series so much? The first one was really great, the only thing it really lacked was a more in-depth create a wrestler....figher....err rapper. The 2nd one, while they took the wrestling aspect out of it, was still fun to play....and then we have Def Jam Icons and it completely blows balls. I played it for about 3 times last night, just so I could try and get a good feel of the game and I couldn't, I just couldn't. This Def Jam game is completely fucked.

Yeah, and the weird coloring makes it seem like they took the focus off of the videogame itself and tried to pitch it as being good to look at. Which, don't get me wrong, it is good to look at, but still.

Personally, I'm stoked for Mass Effect, the new Bioware game.

One thing that caught my eye, was that after the demo was over I read this "learn the beat of the song to win the fight" and that REALLY confused me.

I haven't read much on Mass Effect as from what I understand its a RPG shooter and I don't know what to make of that.

It's a real-time RPG. If you've played Jade Empire, it's sort of like that, except with weapons. If you check out bioware.com, there's a subsection which details just the game, and it looks marvelous. I'm probably only excited for it because I'm a big KOTOR fan, but still.

So did Crackdown come out? When I check out my friends list to see what they're playing, it just says "Crackdown" not "Crackdown demo". So i'm a bit confused, did the game come out early?

The guy at the GameStop asked me if I wanted to preorder Halo 3 Legendary Edition - because it came with this little tiny fucking Master Chief helmet and an instruction booklet written from the point of view of the Covenant. Can anyone explain to me why anyone would possibly want that?

Then get a wireless adapter, if the knock off doesnt work return it. Things cost money.

Most stores won't take back open electronics items if they're in working order. I figured I could save myself some time to see if anyone had tried it for themselves, but I'm guessing no one has.

Most stores won't take back open electronics items if they're in working order. I figured I could save myself some time to see if anyone had tried it for themselves, but I'm guessing no one has.

Go to GameStop, you can bring back opened accessories within like 7 days. I did it, it's on their receipt. The guy tried to not let me do it, then I pointed out the writing. He goes "Yeah, Ill let you do it this one time." and I'm like "Oh you'll follow company policy this one time? Thanks buddy."

If you get it at launch you get an invite to the Halo 3 beta test if that interests you. I'm still not sure if I'll buy it...money is thin lately.

Eh, I got picked in the drawing to be in the beta. I'll have to wait for a paycheck or two.

The guy at the GameStop asked me if I wanted to preorder Halo 3 Legendary Edition - because it came with this little tiny fucking Master Chief helmet and an instruction booklet written from the point of view of the Covenant. Can anyone explain to me why anyone would possibly want that?

The guy failed to tell you how the Legendary edition comes with 3 dvds as well as the Master Cheif replica helmet, though I didn't know about the intruction booklet, which actually sounds pretty dumb. Unless Bungie wrote it from a Grunt's point of view.

My brother has the wireless network adapter so he can play his 360 in his room. It was fairly easy to set up. If you have any troubles, it could probably be easily solved by switching the channels on your router. Other than that, it was simple to do and he seems to really enjoy having it.

The guy failed to tell you how the Legendary edition comes with 3 dvds as well as the Master Cheif replica helmet, though I didn't know about the intruction booklet, which actually sounds pretty dumb. Unless Bungie wrote it from a Grunt's point of view.

Alright, but why would I want 3 DVDs and a Master Chief replica helmet?

Alright, but why would I want 3 DVDs and a Master Chief replica helmet?

I don't know why you would or wouldn't want the 3 dvds and the replica helmet. I'm guessing your not that big of a halo fan?

I'm not asking for a specific reason why I would want it, I'm asking why anyone would want it. It's a little tiny fucking helmet.

I want it because I'm a big Halo fan and I actually enjoy collecting the Halo stuff. You should see a part of my wall, covered in Halo 2 figures. Thats the reason why I want it. Personnally I think the LE of Halo 3 is mainly for the die-hard fans of Halo.

I'm not asking for a specific reason why I would want it, I'm asking why anyone would want it. It's a little tiny fucking helmet.

I want it because I'm a big Halo fan and I actually enjoy collecting the Halo stuff. You should see a part of my wall, covered in Halo 2 figures. Thats the reason why I want it. Personnally I think the LE of Halo 3 is mainly for the die-hard fans of Halo.

I preordered the LE. I'm a Halo fan (although not terribly good at multiplayer. Did beat them on Legendary difficulty though) and love the books that help flesh out the timeline. Plus I'm a sucker for "Special Editions" and the like.