TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Now if it was College Hockey/Canadian Hockey League game, it would be awesome.

Kinda like Fifa does, but you can pick either College, WHL, OHL, QMJHL

Well in FIFA Soccer you can pick either English Premiership, French, German League, MLS, Italian, Asian...etc...

If it was set up like American Colligete, Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, CIAU Hockey, and even AHL and ECHL, it would be more fun to play.

I just saw like the dumbest commercial I've ever seen. I don't know what the hell was going on. I was sure it'd turn out to be a jeans commercial because they never make sense and tend to go on forever, but no it was for the Xbox 360. Bad Microsoft, bad.

Have you seen the PS3 Ads?

Guest Smues

I just saw like the dumbest commercial I've ever seen. I don't know what the hell was going on. I was sure it'd turn out to be a jeans commercial because they never make sense and tend to go on forever, but no it was for the Xbox 360. Bad Microsoft, bad.

Have you seen the PS3 Ads?

Yes and they're incredibly stupid. But they're short.

Quick question about XBox Live Arcade games...

do you have to be online to play xbla games? or do you download the games are play them whenever?

Guest Smues
Quick question about XBox Live Arcade games...

do you have to be online to play xbla games? or do you download the games are play them whenever?

Download and play whenever.

Just a quick Xbox live question.

I finally got Xbox live to work, and don't want to pay for now, so I just kept to silver. Then it said the thing about being elgible for the 1 month gold trial or whatever, and I think the trial started itself on it's own pretty much? (plus my name appears on a yellow/gold background, so that's why I think I have it.) Haven't tried yet..but do I? And if so, I won't have to go through that whole ordeal of calling and cancelling and stuff when it's over like I had to with the Xbox trials do I?

Also, with silver, I've downloaded a few demos. Question is, is there a limit or anything? aka, can I pretty much, download, delete, repeat, with every demo available?

I don't think you have to cancel your subscription once the trial ends. The email I got said I'd have to signup to continue my XBL Gold membership. They don't have any credit card or billing information for me anyway, so it'd be hard for them to just continue the trial into a real membership.

I too would like to know the restrictions on the silver accounts (outside of not being able to play online games obviously).

Guest Smues

The free month of gold just expires on its own without a hassle. I think a message might pop up or something telling you its about to go, but that's about it. As for X-box live silver you can download anything all you want, but some demos get released first to gold members only before they allow silver to get them. (I think they've only done this once so far, but I expect it to happen frequently)

Basically the only thing Silver lets you do is just use the Marketplace. You can also play online role-playing games as well, since they charge you a seperate fee, but thats pretty much the only stuff you can do onine. I recommand getting a gold soon, just because its well worth it.

That's pretty good then. I'm not really keen on paying for online play, especially since there aren't many consoles games I'd actually want to play online, but I do like having access to the marketplace.

This question maybe a few months too late, but after reading through the first few pages, something occured to me. Why don't the manufacturers supply every store with enough of the consoles? I know they lose money on the consoles themselves (but make it up by jacking the price of the games up), but you would think that they would do everything possible to get enough consoles to the stores ASAP. Where's the hold up?

This question maybe a few months too late, but after reading through the first few pages, something occured to me. Why don't the manufacturers supply every store with enough of the consoles? I know they lose money on the consoles themselves (but make it up by jacking the price of the games up), but you would think that they would do everything possible to get enough consoles to the stores ASAP. Where's the hold up?

I thought the same thing, they want to sell the console so they can have people start buying games/accessories and such to make the money back. Kind of like when you get a phone and sign the contract, they lose on the phone but make money on the service. When they make a shortage they are just creating profit for the people who scoop up these high demand products and sell them through ebay.

Unless Sony/Nintendo has a bunch of dummy sellers on ebay to make extra profit it doesn't really make sense.

I thought the same thing, they want to sell the console so they can have people start buying games/accessories and such to make the money back. Kind of like when you get a phone and sign the contract, they lose on the phone but make money on the service. When they make a shortage they are just creating profit for the people who scoop up these high demand products and sell them through ebay.

Unless Sony/Nintendo has a bunch of dummy sellers on ebay to make extra profit it doesn't really make sense.

You would think they would learn by now and make enough, but they never do.

This question maybe a few months too late, but after reading through the first few pages, something occured to me. Why don't the manufacturers supply every store with enough of the consoles?

For Sony, it was mostly an industry-wide blue laser diode shortage that was going on for months before production of PS3s began (and continues to some extent today), and Ebay scalpers.

For Nintendo, it was either a gross underestimation of demand, or deliberate underproduction to keep Wii from being tagged with the "consolation prize console" stigma. Having shelves filled with consoles at Christmastime looks bad. Look how much Sony is getting made fun of right now for consoles actually staying on shelves.

Anya theorized, since Nintendo is pure evil of course, that a million or so Wiis were sitting in warehouses, waiting to be shipped, but held back. The Wii strap fiasco proves that is untrue. All of the Wiis shipped from about the first few weeks of December onward have thick Wiimote straps. Clearly Nintendo sold all they produced prior to that.

360 shortages were apparently a combination of underestimating demand, heavy purchases from Ebay scalpers, and (at least with speciality retailers) utterly ridiculous lack of communication with retailers. Anyone who hit a Gamestop/EB in late '05/early '06 probably can recall a pimple behind the counter pressing customers to preorder on the 2nd/3rd/4th shipment, which God Only Knew when they would come. Hence why almost nobody offered preorders on more than the first shipments this time.

However, expect from this point on for console launches to be ruined by ****heads buying consoles just to resell at inflated prices on Ebay.

Sony is going to be made fun of no matter what they do. Just as Nintendo will be praised. Just look at the spin at this place, where Nintendo not being able to meet demands was met with celebration and talk of how amazing it was that demand is so high.

I still think something sinister is going on btw.

Microsoft didn't meet the demand last year with 360 either; hell it was all the profit people made last year scalping 360s on eBay that created this year's PS3 eBay craze.

No company has met demand the first Christmas after launch in forever; why is this news?

Sony is going to be made fun of no matter what they do. Just as Nintendo will be praised. Just look at the spin at this place, where Nintendo not being able to meet demands was met with celebration and talk of how amazing it was that demand is so high.

Which wasn't by me, that alleged "biggest Nintendo fanboy on this board."

I still think something sinister is going on btw.

Sure, and they made a fake lawsuit as a cover up. ;)

Anya theorized, since Nintendo is pure evil of course, that a million or so Wiis were sitting in warehouses, waiting to be shipped, but held back. The Wii strap fiasco proves that is untrue. All of the Wiis shipped from about the first few weeks of December onward have thick Wiimote straps. Clearly Nintendo sold all they produced prior to that.
Wait I thought it was Microsft that were considered to be the evil ones.

360 shortages were apparently a combination of underestimating demand, heavy purchases from Ebay scalpers, and (at least with speciality retailers) utterly ridiculous lack of communication with retailers. Anyone who hit a Gamestop/EB in late '05/early '06 probably can recall a pimple behind the counter pressing customers to preorder on the 2nd/3rd/4th shipment, which God Only Knew when they would come. Hence why almost nobody offered preorders on more than the first shipments this time

The retailers screwed themselves with the whole 360 deal. Even though retailers had no clue when they were going to get shipments of the consoles in, they kept taking pre-orders and when Microsoft annouced that there wouldn't be enough to go around a few months before the 360 came out, retailers kept taking pre-orders anyways. I know the Gamecrazy where I worked had over 50 pre-orders for the system, around the time Microsoft annouced the 360 shortage and the company still wanted to take pre-orders instead of stopping.

Question, because I couldnt figure it out last night.

On Xbox Live, can you play with guests? (If you can, is it only certain games or what?) Mainly in regards to SD, but I figured it fit in this thread, because I tried Saint's Row and that didn't work as well. Me and a Friend wnated to plaly SD online, but we couldn't find any way to get more then one player. Which I'm thinking might be the only way, with teh whole profile thing..but if so, that sucks.

And what games do have multiplayer, as in on the same Xbox, Live. Does Gears of War?

Some games let you have guests, some don't. Can't really give you a full list there. Most XBL have some sort of multi-player that is live enabled. Thats a big list as well.