TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

I finally got the call for my 360 yesterday. Picking it up today.

Based on what I've read in this thread, I'm sticking with taking Halo 2 back online (have been without Xbox access since June), while waiting for a good price on Call of Duty, Gun and anything else. If any of you have games to sell, I'll take them for above Gamestop's trade-in value. I might...just might...pick up Condemned tomorrow, but that'll be a impulse buy.

If your gonna take Halo 2 online again I should warn you, in just about everygame there is some asshole. There's at least one person per game who kills himself over and over again to fuck up your game, some little kid who has a headset, a bridger who feels that if your doing better than him or her you don't belong in the game and kicks you out of the game, someone who is making it so they have host and your team has a harder time killing them and they have an easier time killing you, or someone who just flat out cheats. So except a lot of that crap now, its pretty much frustrating as all hell. I have just stopped playing all together its gotten so bad. The only times that I will play is when one of my friends who can bridge is on and I form up with him. He basically only takes advatage of it when someone from the other team is trying to cheat or do something he shouldn't be doing.

Oh yeah, don't be upset if you can't find the dvd remote control in your 360. Apprently Microsoft ran out of the remote's so now only certain 360's have them.

Can somebody explain Halo online? There are these players with medals...and I can't kill anyone. I play CounterStrike Source a lot but I feel so confused playing this game online.

I like single player in Halo 2.

I've been playing numerous things. Played a VERY little bit of PGR(5 mins or so) and enjoyed it, although I really should play it more. Haven't played Call of Duty 2 yet. I've played both Madden 06 and Nba 2K6. I've enjoyed NBA 2K6 a lot although there really isnt a difference between it and the Xbox version(other than graphically of course). Madden 06 for 360 has been a pretty huge dissapointment. Looks great, otherwise, it's not so great.

Thinking bout buying Condemned, or atleast renting it, but I'm not really sure if I'm going to or not.

If you're on Live, just download the Condemed demo.

Yay, bravesfan will be back on Live! Even though I suck at Halo 2, we should get a custom game going with myself, bravesfan, Dames, Scroby, and whoever else wants to join.

UndertakerHart, people get medals for all kinds of stuffin the games, but Bungie.net explains them. And I myself suck at halo 2, but the online play is like crack.

Guest Princess Leena

Wow. Now that's a Live group that I'd really want to hang around with!

Yay, bravesfan will be back on Live! Even though I suck at Halo 2, we should get a custom game going with myself, bravesfan, Dames, Scroby, and whoever else wants to join.

Sounds like a good idea, but if anyone cheats I swear to God I will hunt you down and slap your face pink!

:0)

Can somebody explain Halo online? There are these players with medals...and I can't kill anyone. I play CounterStrike Source a lot but I feel so confused playing this game online.

The medals don't really mean anything they're just there to boost someone's ego to be honest with you. Basically Halo is based off a ranking system unless your doing a custom game, but most custom games now are just done so people can find a secret or learn how to do a super jump in a certain level. Many people don't play capture the flag or anything on custom games now. So since there is a ranking system in place, people try there damnest to win the game and I mean win the game by anyway they can, and that way is mainly cheating. You will come to realize that there is basically just modders and cheaters now and you'll barely ever find a game where somone isn't cheating in some way or form. Anything else that you may want to know?

As long as we're talking about Halo 2, anyone for forming a Halo 2 clan? I'd love to be part of a team, I think it'd make team games more fun when we have, you know, a plan.

The medals don't really mean anything they're just there to boost someone's ego to be honest with you. Basically Halo is based off a ranking system unless your doing a custom game, but most custom games now are just done so people can find a secret or learn how to do a super jump in a certain level. Many people don't play capture the flag or anything on custom games now. So since there is a ranking system in place, people try there damnest to win the game and I mean win the game by anyway they can, and that way is mainly cheating. You will come to realize that there is basically just modders and cheaters now and you'll barely ever find a game where somone isn't cheating in some way or form. Anything else that you may want to know?

Translation: It's like every other multiplayer FPS on the planet. :D

Just so folks know, I work at Best Buy and we got a buinch of the $400 360s in yesterday, don't know if that's everywhere, but we had a good amount, may be getting more, it's worth looking into

Gamecrazy's as well are starting to get them, but most districts are trying to sell them in bundles to get numbers up. The bundle that my store is selling is this, you get the system (300 or 400), a two year warranty, a pre-order of your choice, a game of your choice, and a MVP card. If you already have the MVP card, you have to re-new it. The bundle isn't bad, I mean just about everything makes sense but to be honest, the MVP card isn't something that should be included with the bundle, but thats just my thoughts about it. The total ends up being 520 plus tax but yeah I'm sure not all Gamecrazy's are doing that, so you may wanna check to see if one near you has them or not.

The only update I have is that the manager at my local Gamestop didn't put the Condemned disc into the case itself, which slipped by until I found out about it a few hours later (I probably should've picked up the shipment myself. The only physical game I own is Halo 2, and it's serving me well.

Quick thoughts:

--Fight Night 3 is fucking grand, especially for a guy that loved the first two.

--I can't wait to buy Full Auto based on that demo.

--Geometry Wars is all it's cracked up to be.

Wow. Now that's a Live group that I'd really want to hang around with!

You want me - I can understand that.

Ugh, that Full Auto demo is absolute shit. Also, OXM reviewed the game already and gave it a score of 5.5/10 so it doesn't look good at all.

OXBM also has Burnout Revenge as one of their highest rated games of all time. They can't be trusted worth shit.

pretty much, yes

That's it?

I'm strarting to believe Point du Hac on COD2 simply can't be beaten on Veteran. I was hoping to achiveve this, as I earn gamerscore points for it. If it's only for bragging rights, well, then, fuck it. I've got a big dick, I'll play that card.

Ugh, that Full Auto demo is absolute shit. Also, OXM reviewed the game already and gave it a score of 5.5/10 so it doesn't look good at all.

OXBM also has Burnout Revenge as one of their highest rated games of all time. They can't be trusted worth shit.

That game got high marks pretty much everywhere though. It has a score of almost 90% for both PS2 and Xbox at Gamerankings.

pretty much, yes

That's it?

I'm strarting to believe Point du Hac on COD2 simply can't be beaten on Veteran. I was hoping to achiveve this, as I earn gamerscore points for it. If it's only for bragging rights, well, then, fuck it. I've got a big dick, I'll play that card.

Yeah I finally managed to get off the beach into the town and the "clear the buildings before sniping the mortar crews" part. Uh HUH. Crossfire everywhere, and the constant spawning is pissing me off. Never knew a small two story post office could hold a division of German troops.

yeah, I played COD2 at a friend's house for about 5 hours straight the other night...goddamn that game is crazy, shit going on CONSTANTLY! definently the best WW2 game I've played.

I've heard a rumor about a war game coming out where one hit kills you...is that rumor? am I on drugs? is it really coming out? I thought it was this one, maybe it is when it's on a harder skill level? I had it on the easy mode and it was still kickin my ass.

There was a rumour from Gamefaqs, but fuck if I can recall the name. My intenet routine usually goes: Here, E-Mail, Gamefaqs, Tsn.ca. Ill diig up the name and other info before the end of the day, God knows I got nothing better to do.

Except sucking at Jeopardy and No Mercy CG.

X-Box 360 by Reading week. guaranteed.

What have I beaten you, 5,6 straight in Jeopardy and something like 25 out of 28 in No Mercy? :P

As for that game, I'm still on it Lushus.

I got mine finally.

bps21 is my gamertag

How original :D .

Hey mine's Scroby.

Great, Quake 4 crashed and I am now getting a dirty disc error. So my second 360 is broken. Absolutely ridiculous. Has there ever been a system launch this screwed up?

bps21 has been my log in for everything since I first got internet access...

...when I was...

E-mails/online screen names are sometimes the shameful tattoos of the online world.

It beats having something like Sephiroth1985 or Vegetar0xx0rs99, though.

Hurray for my bland initials-based SN.

Great, Quake 4 crashed and I am now getting a dirty disc error. So my second 360 is broken. Absolutely ridiculous. Has there ever been a system launch this screwed up?

Saturn's US launch is perhaps the winner. A launch that resulted in a stillborn console and virtually handed the entire company's marketshare over to Sony? Far worse than a bunch of defective systems or a fart-in-a-windstorm launch for a console that never had much potential in the first place (i.e. N-Gage, Jag).

Although many would beg to differ:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22wo...G=Google+Search

I got mine finally.

bps21 is my gamertag

How original :D .

Hey mine's Scroby.

As you know, mine is MattYoung. I didn't know I could have spaces in it, and I've wanted to change it to "Matt Young" ever since.