TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

This may have been lost in translation, but which cables specifically are you using?

If you've got the red/white/yellow, that's composite, not component. Try looking for that input. If you're using y/pb/pr, make sure the red from the component is not the audio red (you'll still need the red and white audio from the composite along with y/pb/pr).

Will the component cables for 360 actually work with an SDTV? I realise, of course, that component doesn't necessarily mean HD, but I've heard of stranger things happening.

The TV's at your camp are HD, Scuba?

I posted a link earlier, and nothing is working. I am going to try on a different TV to see if its actually my TV that is fucked up.

I didn't mean which set of cables (I clicked the link), I meant which prongs. I still think you've got the red from component and composite mixed, but it's more likely you'd get a black and white picture if that was the case,

When you got yours back from the RROD a few years ago, did you get one with an HDMI out? If yes, go get an HDMI cable. Well, maybe not right now, but I recommend it.

If it was, I would still have see the video, which I don't. I'm assuming that there are wires loose or something in the connection.

There were some concerns about the New Xbox Experience requiring 128MB of storage in order to... I dunno, either install, or store, or both the data involved. Major Nelson said they'd be offering storage solutions. Lo and behold, they're actually pretty decent. It appears to be an offer for a free 512MB memory card or a $20 20GB hard drive (possibly refurbs) to Arcade and Core owners.

http://kotaku.com/5061966/nxe-to-require-1...r-arcade-owners

http://kotaku.com/5062920/microsoft-offeri...for-nxe-upgrade

A 20GB HD has like, 7 GB taken up by system stuff anyway so I'm not concerned about 128MB. I AM a bit pissed that I bought a system in May for my birthday that came with a 20GB HD only for them to drop in price AND replace the 20GB with a 60GB as the standard, but you can't win all your battles. At least I bought it before the Canadian/US dollar parity died a cruel death on Friday.

I got mine in April. After the price drop, Future Shop was selling the 20GB for $199 with two games. :(

My only saving grace was that I didn't pay tax. And I've had quite a bit of fun during these 6 months. $125 is quite a bit to me, but... hindsight.

Guess who got a beta key for Call of Duty World at War?

I DID!!!!!

im confused, about 4 hrs ago i got the RROD. So i switched it off and had the usual "fuck microsoft rant" to my friends, and for whatever reason i decided to try it again.. alas RROD.

this happened 4 times, but on the 5th try my machine is working O_o.

I have been playing it again and the machine is working beter than ever.

im very confused

I just bought a 360 yesterday. The Arcade model with no hard drive. But I ordered one.

Anything I should know?

Invest in Microsoft Points...it'll be the lifeblood of your system.

Even though my system bricked up on me, I'm still happy with my 360 and love the amount of content that Microsoft provides for it.

There were some concerns about the New Xbox Experience requiring 128MB of storage in order to... I dunno, either install, or store, or both the data involved. Major Nelson said they'd be offering storage solutions. Lo and behold, they're actually pretty decent. It appears to be an offer for a free 512MB memory card or a $20 20GB hard drive (possibly refurbs) to Arcade and Core owners.

http://kotaku.com/5061966/nxe-to-require-1...r-arcade-owners

http://kotaku.com/5062920/microsoft-offeri...for-nxe-upgrade

Yeah. I checked my email last night and they are refurbs. I'll probably get one.

im confused, about 4 hrs ago i got the RROD. So i switched it off and had the usual "fuck microsoft rant" to my friends, and for whatever reason i decided to try it again.. alas RROD.

this happened 4 times, but on the 5th try my machine is working O_o.

I have been playing it again and the machine is working beter than ever.

im very confused

I don't want to be harsh, but it'll be dead within 48 hours. Mine did the exact same thing, I thought I saw it RROD, but it worked just fine, so I put it down to paranoia. Then, the next day it stopped working all together. Good news, it was gone a week and came back working, even though I had a 2 hour rant at Microsoft's policy and lack of information on their website in regards to sending out refurbed in replacement for the original consoles. They returned my own console, with 1 months extra xboxlive code, which was nice.

the e-mail about the free memory card...how do you get that? Do I need to sign up or...?

Is there a way to get your console ID off your system or is it only available thru the dashboard? I'm trying to check to see if I'm available for either the HD or the memory card and I can't get past the initial sign up due to lack of a system ID

I wound up just putting in my serial number in twice and apparently, I can't partake in the offer due to them discerning I have enough space.. :(

In what is ironic, I made a post about Fallout 3 the only game I'm excited for.

Twenty four hours later or thereabouts, my Xbox 360 Red Ringed with no warning.

It is completely unresponsive. Just dead as a fucking doorknob. No warning, no set up, just *WHAM*.

Thankfully, Microsoft has installed what appears to be a "Fix all" button on their repair thing for the Red Ring...While filling out the repair thing, they have a button for it. Hit it, and no charges and it seems to practically take care of itself.

They've already shipped the box...I'm slated to get it by the 16th. I'm hoping that the turn around will be quick enough to get Fallout 3 on time for the 28th. :(

So I got a call from Xbox this morning..

For whatever reason, my address wasn't able to be verified by them. After calling and verifying it and such, I've been given my FOURTH reference number as I wait for my coffin to be shipped to be since the first two times they tried to send me the e-mail with the packing labels never sent due to some fuck-up on their end.

I'm seriously thinking of just trading in my xbox since this is going on close to three weeks in waiting to just SEND my system out to them.

I had that problem too Broward. The woman told me that in the last year (since I first did it) they changed to some kind of Google Maps type system. If it can't find your address, they won't ship it.

I got around it by using a neighbor's. They found that immediately and are shipping to it. That'd be my advice.

Well when I called this morning I sat on hold for a small bit and apparently, the guy on the phone was able to get things taken care of.

It just irks me because all of this has been an issue on their end and I know all I'm getting for it is a free month of Live.

It is completely unresponsive. Just dead as a fucking doorknob. No warning, no set up, just *WHAM*.

Thankfully, Microsoft has installed what appears to be a "Fix all" button on their repair thing for the Red Ring...While filling out the repair thing, they have a button for it. Hit it, and no charges and it seems to practically take care of itself.

They've already shipped the box...I'm slated to get it by the 16th. I'm hoping that the turn around will be quick enough to get Fallout 3 on time for the 28th. :(

My friend got his XBox back 13 days after it red ringed. So you should be cutting it close.

They sent you a box? They told me and others that they didn't send boxes anymore, and e-mailed shipping labels.

Chance for free copy of Tales of Vesperia for 360

http://www.talesbrigade.com/?friend=Q5PdeR

The more people who sign up, the more chances I get. The best part? If I win, we both win. If you sign up under me and one of our names is chosen, we both win the game. 2 copies are given out per day through the end of the month.

Surround sound question:

I'm looking at a receiver/speaker package. It features two RCA audio ins. One would be for my television, the other for my boombox. If my 360's plugged into my television, will the receiver recognise it, or do I need to run the 360 directly into the receiver? I don't have the adapter that came with the HDMI kit, if that matters (which I hope it does not).

No one answered this in the HDTV thread, and incredibly, no one GameFaqs really answered it. Anyone noticing a pattern?

They've always sent me a box, but I always registered online. They might fight you on the box if you try it over the phone.

So...this registering online thing, do you happen to have a link for it?

:(

Surround sound question:

I'm looking at a receiver/speaker package. It features two RCA audio ins. One would be for my television, the other for my boombox. If my 360's plugged into my television, will the receiver recognise it, or do I need to run the 360 directly into the receiver? I don't have the adapter that came with the HDMI kit, if that matters (which I hope it does not).

No one answered this in the HDTV thread, and incredibly, no one GameFaqs really answered it. Anyone noticing a pattern?

If your TV has RCA audio/speaker out (red & white), I don't see why not. I've got my old 2.1 computer speakers hooked up to the TV using the "Video Game Adapter".

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?product=10329

If your TV has HDMI, I would imagine it has audio out as well.

I don't know if this is in your price range, but it's apparently a decent 7.1 receiver for the price. On sale today only, I believe. You'd need to get speakers as well, though. And possibly cables. I don't know much about audio setups.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...=&langid=EN

If your TV has RCA audio/speaker out (red & white), I don't see why not.

That was pretty well my logic. My intent is to run my 360 into my TV via HDMI, then use the audio out to go into the receiver, ideally, for both TV viewing and the 360. It won't be for a few months still, so I'm kind of weighing out my options at this point.

They've always sent me a box, but I always registered online. They might fight you on the box if you try it over the phone.

So...this registering online thing, do you happen to have a link for it?

:(

https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx?scrx=1

That should work...It'll even keep track of your repair. When I did it, I got an email from Microsoft with tracking info for when it's shipped, and all kinds of stuff.