TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tony manero

Winner of the Rumble revealed plus; News on 'Mania

Guest tony manero

Randy Orton is currently penciled in to win the 2006 Royal Rumble in Miami and then go on to WrestleMania where he is expected to win the World Heavyweight Title against Batista. WWE is very adamant about making up for his first reign which was considered very disappointing. WWE feels that Orton will be one of the top stars of the future; Batista is already 40-years-old, so his days on top are fairly limited.

Cena is expected to retain the WWE Title against HHH at Mania.

Guest tony manero
Isn't this like the third year in a row "the plan" was for Orton to main event Wrestlemania?

yeah, but this time they're going to give him the proper buildup so it doesn't come out of nowhere. They're not giving up on him this year...its seems.

I always thought the idea of WM was for the face to win the title from the big evil heel and leave everyone with a good feeling inside. Whats the deal with one of the most bland 'heels' on the roster winning the title from one of the top faces at the biggest show of the year?

Guest Coffey

I have more of a problem with Cena retaining than I do with Orton winning the Rumble and then the title at 'Mania.

If they're going to put the title on Orton why not just do it now? Then have Batista come back from injury, beat him at WM, and if they want Orton to regain a couple months later, fine.

They cannot seriously mean to keep the title on Cena THROUGH WM next year.

Guest tony manero
Why would they have a heel win the Rumble, then go onto win the main event at Mania?

Let alone Randy Orton.

It's called the HHH push.

Vince doesn't care if he has to push Randy down all of our collective throats; he'll do it and he'll do it with glee.

Guest tony manero
If they're going to put the title on Orton why not just do it now?  Then have Batista come back from injury, beat him at WM, and if they want Orton to regain a couple months later, fine. 

Not only that, but Cena is apparently scheduled to keep the title for the MAJORITY of 2006.

Vince is nuts.

Guest Ransome
Why would they have a heel win the Rumble, then go onto win the main event at Mania?

Let alone Randy Orton.

If the match actually happens, I can see Hogan/Austin taking up the final slot at WM 22, which might downplay an Orton title victory.

I'd rather see Angle beat Cena for the title, then Jericho comes back and wins the Rumble to give us Jericho vs. Angle for the title and Cena vs. HHH in a regular one on one match. And I don't care about Smackdown to be honest. Batista/Undertaker or Benoit/Batista or Benoit/Taker would be fine by me...any of the combos. As well as Hogan/Austin. Throw Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show for the hell of it. And if they've got to do something with Orton, get Rock back to do a one on one match because they've foreshadowed that for a while.

But I doubt Jericho's on his way back anytime soon.

So to make sense of that:

Angle (heel, champ) vs. Jericho - WWE Title

Batista (face, champ) vs. Taker (face) vs. Benoit (face) - World Heavyweight Title

Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan

Cena vs. Triple H

Randy Orton vs. the Rock

Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show

That's just a 10 minute rushjob but that's all I got.

Guest tony manero

I doubt Jericho is coming back any time in the next 8 months. He seems to be very happy touring with Fozzy and hanging out with his family.

The one person, though, who will be super-over in early January is RVD. He would be the logical choice to win the Rumble and to finally win the World Title that has eluded him for years, but knowing Vince, RVD doesn't have a chance in hell; not only that, but Vince McMahon never made him.

Orton and Cena are homegrown talents, which goes a long way in Vince's eyes.

Let alone Randy Orton.

It's called the HHH push.

Vince doesn't care if he has to push Randy down all of our collective throats; he'll do it and he'll do it with glee.

Well unless Vince some how makes Undertaker vs Orton = HHH vs Foley feud there is no way to make Orton a champion people be willing to pay to see.

Guest Leelee

I wonder if my Randall holds on to the World title through 2006, AND wins the unification title match when SD is cancelled?

I hope so, sort of, but I'm hoping he eventually passes HHH for most titles won. But, I know Randall is a team player, and will do what's best for others.

If they're going to put the title on Orton why not just do it now?  Then have Batista come back from injury, beat him at WM, and if they want Orton to regain a couple months later, fine. 

Not only that, but Cena is apparently scheduled to keep the title for the MAJORITY of 2006.

Vince is nuts.

Don't you think you're taking these Torch rumors a little too seriously? Knowing Vince, he probably had people tell the Torch that just to piss the internet off.

I wonder if my Randall holds on to the World title through 2006, AND wins the unification title match when SD is cancelled?

I hope so, sort of, but I'm hoping he eventually passes HHH for most titles won.  But, I know Randall is a team player, and will do what's best for others.

One of the worst character posters I have ever seen!

Guest Leelee

I hope so, sort of, but I'm hoping he eventually passes HHH for most titles won.  But, I know Randall is a team player, and will do what's best for others.

One of the worst character posters I have ever seen!

What are you talking about.

Yeah, your boy Randall is such a team player he didn't even lay down for a fucking 3 count on the Eddie Memorial show.

As much as I'd love to see RVD win the Rumble and go on to WM, it's probably not going to happen. Let's face it, right now we're almost in Dec. and RVD isn't even a blip on the radar screen. Even if he comes back and is ultra over, chances are the booking for major PPVs will already be determined and it'd take him a few months to get into any sort of contention.

I did have a great idea for RVD in regards to WM though. Maybe he can win another Money in the Bank match and get a title shot at some point. So where would he use it? Why, ECW One Night Stand of course.

Guest Leelee
Yeah, your boy Randall is such a team player he didn't even lay down for a fucking 3 count on the Eddie Memorial show.

Because, of course, that decision was really up to him.

Guest tony manero

As much as I'd love to see RVD win the Rumble and go on to WM, it's probably not going to happen.  Let's face it, right now we're almost in Dec. and RVD isn't even a blip on the radar screen.  Even if he comes back and is ultra over, chances are the booking for major PPVs will already be determined and it'd take him a few months to get into any sort of contention.

I did have a great idea for RVD in regards to WM though.  Maybe he can win another Money in the Bank match and get a title shot at some point.  So where would he use it?  Why, ECW One Night Stand of course.

RVD winning the WWE or World Heavyweight Title in front of an ECW crowd?

I like it.

Guest Leelee

Do you seriously think WWE would be stupid enough to give Mr. Flippy-Flop a world title shot over Randall?

I guffaw at all of you.