TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tony manero

Winner of the Rumble revealed plus; News on 'Mania

I swear, how this loser even got a fanbase still baffles me.

Because he:

1) stood up to HHH

2) saw through all of HHH's manipulations

He wasn't aware of the kind of person Triple H was before joining Evolution? What's so good about taking so long to stand up to someone, that everyone can see is an asshole. Batista has always seemed like a big idiot to me.

Why not? Here's a newer guy like Batista, a virtual nobody, and suddenly the champ hand-picks him to join his group. Here's his chance to run w/ the big dogs, make his way up the card, and to make some serious money. Of course he'll overlook HHH being an asshole. HHH gave him his big break, so there's probably loyalty on Batista's part. It wasn't until he saw that maybe he could become champ, and that HHH wouldn't allow that to happen, that he finally woke up about what was going on.

Why should I (or anyone) cheer someone who took so long to "wake up" to Triple H's shit? Why should I cheer someone who joined Triple H for money, that doesn't sound like a big babyface to me.

It's the thing about wrestlers seeing the light after being part of an evil group for so long.

It's why Hercules was cheered after he turned on Heenan.

It's why Bossman was cheered after he turned on Slick.

It's why Virgil (for a short time) was cheered after he turned on DiBiase.

I DON'T KNOW?!!

I'M PISSED NOW!!

THESE SHIRTS ARE TOO TIGHT! ARGAHAH

THESE PRETZELS.....ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!

Sorry, I just had to do that.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Why should I cheer someone who joined Triple H for money, that doesn't sound like a big babyface to me.

Good thing he was a heel when he joined Evolution!

Am I suppose to forget these things when he turns face, though.

Guest New Jake

I swear, how this loser even got a fanbase still baffles me.

Because he:

1) stood up to HHH

2) saw through all of HHH's manipulations

He wasn't aware of the kind of person Triple H was before joining Evolution? What's so good about taking so long to stand up to someone, that everyone can see is an asshole. Batista has always seemed like a big idiot to me.

Why not? Here's a newer guy like Batista, a virtual nobody, and suddenly the champ hand-picks him to join his group. Here's his chance to run w/ the big dogs, make his way up the card, and to make some serious money. Of course he'll overlook HHH being an asshole. HHH gave him his big break, so there's probably loyalty on Batista's part. It wasn't until he saw that maybe he could become champ, and that HHH wouldn't allow that to happen, that he finally woke up about what was going on.

Why should I (or anyone) cheer someone who took so long to "wake up" to Triple H's shit? Why should I cheer someone who joined Triple H for money, that doesn't sound like a big babyface to me.

It's the thing about wrestlers seeing the light after being part of an evil group for so long.

It's why Hercules was cheered after he turned on Heenan.

It's why Bossman was cheered after he turned on Slick.

It's why Virgil (for a short time) was cheered after he turned on DiBiase.

Difference with those guys is they're either dead or forgotton. Batista will be both in due time. And please, garbage going over HHH means nothing. Batista was never worth going over HHH unlike so much of the talent HHH went over beforehand.

Why should I cheer someone who joined Triple H for money, that doesn't sound like a big babyface to me.

Good thing he was a heel when he joined Evolution!

Am I suppose to forget these things when he turns face, though.

I guess that means you've never cheered any heel who turns face?

I thought they would put the WWE Title on either Angle or Edge by now, allowing Cena to be his old self again and then win the Rumble. That would have made sense, but given the way storylines are going right now a heel almost has to win, and it won't be Edge so I'm at a point of not caring. In a fantasy world a returning RVD, Benoit or Angle would all be fine in my book.

RVD is over enough. Really, have him return before the Rumble. Beat HHH in a "upset", talk about his ECW background, have him win the Rumble and they will LOVE RVD no doubt about it. That's not going to happen BUT he's a guy who can wrestle heel Cena.

Guest Coffey
Question to everyone: Who wants everybody to win the Royal Rumble and why?

I haven't really thought about it. I guess I want it to come down to Kane, The Big Show, Rob Van Dam & Edge but they're all on Raw, so that doesn't seem like a possibility. Kane is always played up as a "beast" in any type of Battle Royal because he's so big and monsterous. Same with the Big Show although it's because of sheer size. RVD will be getting the comeback pop/push but if I were to write off any of the four to include a Smackdown roster member, it'd be him. Edge because I'm hoping his World Title push is coming soon...I'd like to think WWE didn't completely forget about the whole "Money in the Bank" thing.

I'd actually like to see The Big Show win it since it'd be the most believable. I'd also like to see the #30 entrant win the match since it's played up, each year, as being the "best" number, yet a #30 has yet to win the damn thing. I'm also wanting to see a Big Show/HHH match after their altercation on Raw.

Actually, Kane could just get an early number and be gone before TBS comes out. That way it wouldn't interfere in their whole tag team "friendship." So, maybe have the final four be The Big Show, Edge, Randy Orton & Chris Benoit. Benoit will play the "I've been here and won this before, so I'm a favorite" role. Edge & Orton can both be "ironmen." Then have Edge & Orton both double team Benoit to throw him out because they're both heels and then have TBS be #30 and eliminate them both because they're too worn out to get him out of the ring.

That'd work for me.

Guest Coffey
Yeah but is Big Show a draw? I don't think so.

The current written-in winner is Randy fuckin' Orton.

Question to everyone: Who wants everybody to win the Royal Rumble and why?

Kane is always played up as a "beast" in any type of Battle Royal because he's so big and monsterous. Same with the Big Show although it's because of sheer size.

For some reason, I see one of these two leading to the other's elimination, if they don't somehow eliminate each other. You can only have two giants working together in beating the shit out of the rest of the roster for so long before they implode. Friction starts with those two at the Rumble, builds for two months and leads to a battle of big men at WM, and hopefully it'll be better than the KOR '99 debacle.

As for winner of the Rumble, I know it's been written that Orton is currently pegged to win it, but that could easily change (he was pegged to win it at this time last year, too). As for who I'd like to see win it... I'd like to see a heel win it or a midcarder. Just something different. The whole "upper card/main event babyface wins the Rumble and goes on the road to WM, where he wins the title" just seems like it needs to take a break for a year.

That scenario from Coffey works better with Kane in TBS's spot since Kane is a better worker and has a history of being over despite all the idiotic angles he has been through and he was a proven draw in 2003.

Also, I dont want to see yet another tag team do the "tension" spot in the rumble. Quite frankly TBS and Kane make a good tag team and they might as well stick with it instead of going for the generic break up.

A tag match can draw in viewers as well actually. Make TBS and Kane seem unstoppable and at WrestleMania they face "their biggest challenge yet". I don't know who, but that doesn't matter.

A tag match can draw in viewers as well actually. Make TBS and Kane seem unstoppable and at WrestleMania they face "their biggest challenge yet". I don't know who, but that doesn't matter.

I'd like to see Kane and TBS as tweeners against a Hart Foundation style tag team. Instead of a equally large combo like Snitsky/Tomko.

A team that can outsmart and out-wrestle TBS/Kane with speed, agility and intelligence. Just a matter of figuring out who that team is and how quickly they can get them over enough.

Knowing WWE, they'll do Kane/TBS vs The new and improved 3MW or Kane/TBS Vs LOD 3.0