TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tony manero

Winner of the Rumble revealed plus; News on 'Mania

Guest The Showcase

Everybody saying that Orton winning the World Heavyweight Championship is bad for business because they should send the people home happy should also remember that it's more than likely that the Smackdown! main event won't be the Wrestlemania main event.

I think Randy Orton would be a fine choice to win the Rumble. It would be fresh considering everybody has the EXPECTATION that a face will win. There have only been two heels to win the Rumble: Shawn Michaels and Yokozuna. I believe it's time for another.

HOWEVER

I do agree that a Batista/Undertaker main event is a smart business decision. It definately writes itself.

ALTHOUGH

If you wanted to, you could have Batista drop the belt to Randy Orton, have Orton do a gimmick that puts Batista on the shelf and have Taker win the Rumble, setting up the ultimate payoff for the Orton/Taker fued with the World Title at stake at Wrestlemania.

ON ANOTHER NOTE

If they are really trying to give Orton the rub that he desperately needs, then you could have Batista drop the belt to Taker, have Orton win the Rumble and having Orton defeat Taker at Mania for the World Title. That would give him ultra credibility.

I don't understand why people hate Orton. He's one of my favorite wrestlers period. That guy is so Memphis, it's fantastic.

Question:

Do you think WWE has any choice but to give RVD a shot with the WWE Title?

Couldn't hurt. They could do a Cena/RVD feud, with RVD coming in as the new "cool" thing, and Cena jealous that he's "last year's news".

With the Afghanistan tour coming, don't expect Cena to be a heel, or start tweening until 2006.

Everybody saying that Orton winning the World Heavyweight Championship is bad for business because they should send the people home happy should also remember that it's more than likely that the Smackdown! main event won't be the Wrestlemania main event.

I think Randy Orton would be a fine choice to win the Rumble. It would be fresh considering everybody has the EXPECTATION that a face will win. There have only been two heels to win the Rumble: Shawn Michaels and Yokozuna. I believe it's time for another.

HOWEVER

I do agree that a Batista/Undertaker main event is a smart business decision. It definately writes itself.

ALTHOUGH

If you wanted to, you could have Batista drop the belt to Randy Orton, have Orton do a gimmick that puts Batista on the shelf and have Taker win the Rumble, setting up the ultimate payoff for the Orton/Taker fued with the World Title at stake at Wrestlemania.

ON ANOTHER NOTE

If they are really trying to give Orton the rub that he desperately needs, then you could have Batista drop the belt to Taker, have Orton win the Rumble and having Orton defeat Taker at Mania for the World Title. That would give him ultra credibility.

I don't understand why people hate Orton. He's one of my favorite wrestlers period. That guy is so Memphis, it's fantastic.

HHH is also likely to beat Cena in the WWE Title match, and obviously Orton winning the Rumble means that heels will be dominating the early year PPV scene which is never good for business. I don't consider NYR or NWO to be events worth discussing.

I hate Orton because he's no better or worse than Billy Gunn was yet Vince was never dumb enough to make Billy the World Champ or push him for almost two years straight with no return on his investment. In simpler terms, I want an "A+" star to get that sustained championship level push treatment, not a barely passing "C/C-" type guy which is what I see Orton as. Orton is an average wrestler, below average on the mic and has one facial mannerism, one taunt and is basically a one trick pony. What exactly is there for me to like about him if he never gets his ass well and truly kicked which is the supposed pay off for a cocky prick heel who constantly cheats to win?

Usethesledge, I already layed out my excellent scenario to give RVD that title shot in a way that would seem believable and exciting to most anyone. I mean, it certainly beats "Cena holds the belt for all of 2006, or just jobs it to HHH" or perhaps "Orton wins the Rumble and beats Batista at WM."

Cena and RVD actually do have a past, though it was so bizarre and confusing on Smackdown that nobody remembers or cares. I remember a SD in particular where RVD just flat out nailed Cena with a standing kick and left him laying....I thought it was a heel turn and the start of a nice feud, but typical of SD in 2004 the whole thing went nowhere and RVD stayed total face and ended up teaming with Cena by year's end.

Who exactly is an A+ star?

When a guy is pushed for two years and the majority of fans still wonder why, that guy is not an A+ star. I guess the only guys who fit that bill since the days of Austin/Rock/Foley ending, were the ones that got the push they deserved because the fans demanded them, so I'd say that would be Eddie during his push to the title, Benoit up until he inexplicably dropped the title to Orton without it even being built to. I guess you could lump in Cena and Batista at the time they pulled the triggers on those as well although I'd say both have cooled considerably since they were moved in the draft.

Even if I don't necessarily like him, HHH is portrayed at that level, Angle is when he's not playing GM, a heel HBK would be, and their only chance to really add someone to that list right now would never happen since Brock's not coming back. These guys all have solidified characters, and are either very good at wrestling or give good promos, or one half of the equation is so outstanding it makes up for the other. They dropped the ball on Jericho who easily outshines guys like Orton aside from the fact he has enemies in bad places and isn't as tall. Benjamin could be with a manager, or a meaningful character. I hope that explains what I'm getting at, although I could go into more detail if need be.

Guest tony manero
There have only been two heels to win the Rumble: Shawn Michaels and Yokozuna. I believe it's time for another.

You forgot Flair in 92, Austin in 97, Vince in 99, and Brock in '03

Memphis is an awesome city, don't sully it with an Orton association. I don't care if you mean old-school heel. Orton isn't Memphis. He's Springfield, Missouri. What's Springfield, Missouri? Exactly.

Guest New Jake

HOWEVER

ALTHOUGH

ON ANOTHER NOTE

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO!

We have already established so many times that Batista is absolutely not worth going over Taker at Mania and vice versa. It just shouldn't happen. Batista is 40 years old, his effect on the company will surely not be long term if it hasn't gone already. And the last time Taker main evented a WM, it almost turned into one of the worst selling WM's of the decade.

But the idea of rematching Orton/Taker at WM for the title is even worse. Having someone unworthy in the fans eyes end Taker's mania streak won't get him over, it will just make him more overrated and redundant. Now I don't care weather this Orton is your favourite wrestler for some reason, but the fans are not interested in his push and he and Batista don't deserve to ruin more WM main events. They suck as wrestler and characters in general.

Batista was somewhat of a heel when he won the Rumble.

I swear, how this loser even got a fanbase still baffles me.

I hope they realize quick that Cena is a Lame Duck champ. Probably in the top twenty worst champs of all time.

and to bring up what some other people have said, i think if the writers started giving RVD a HUGE push around the first of the year and get the buzz going like he had at ECW i think he could be one of the best champs thus far since 2000. He's by far one of the top wrestlers in the company and the fact he's doing the whole 'stoner' angle simply pisses me off b/c he had some of the best matches ECW had to offer.

I wouldn't be surprised if, he wasn't given a push soon, he heads over to TNA

The smart thing would be for RVD to either make a big impact when he returns (Since he is going to be the most over face) by either winning the Royal Rumble or winning a #1 contender match for the WWE title, just have him beat Edge at NWO on a match for that money in the bank briefcase so he could face Cena (or whoever wins at the New Years revolution ppv) at Wrestlemania. If WWE drops the ball again then they deserve to go out of business just like WCW did back in 2001.

Lemme see: Austin turned Face because he got over as a heel. Cena turned Face because he got over as a Heel. The Rock turned Face because he got over as a Heel. Batista turned Face because he got over as a Heel. Triple H turned Face because he got over as a Heel? Same with HBK?

This is going to happen with Carlito and Ken Kennedy as well and they will also fuck that up.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

RVD's chance came 4 years ago. He isn't the answer for a number of reasons.

My scenario for RVD wasn't necessarily to make the him unquestioned top draw on Raw. It was mainly to capitalize on doing another ECW PPV and give him some kind of push. His time on top would be from roughly June-August, where I figure he'd job the title to someone at Summerslam. Is this really too much to ask?

Guest New Jake

Because he:

1) stood up to HHH

2) saw through all of HHH's manipulations

3) routinely got the upper hand on HHH on TV

4) got put over by HHH on PPV

Notice that the concept of your answere is meaningless.

In other words, who fucking cares? Batista was never worth the push.

Guest The Showcase
There have only been two heels to win the Rumble: Shawn Michaels and Yokozuna. I believe it's time for another.

You forgot Flair in 92, Austin in 97, Vince in 99, and Brock in '03

What I meant to say is they were the only two heels to win the Rumble and go on to the main event at Wrestlemania.

Flair went into WM8 defending as the heel champion, which is the norm anyway, so I considered it null and void to the point I was trying to make.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Because he:

1) stood up to HHH

He wasn't aware of the kind of person Triple H was before joining Evolution? What's so good about taking so long to stand up to someone, that everyone can see is an asshole. Batista has always seemed like a big idiot to me.

Because he:

1) stood up to HHH

He wasn't aware of the kind of person Triple H was before joining Evolution? What's so good about taking so long to stand up to someone, that everyone can see is an asshole. Batista has always seemed like a big idiot to me.

Why not? Here's a newer guy like Batista, a virtual nobody, and suddenly the champ hand-picks him to join his group. Here's his chance to run w/ the big dogs, make his way up the card, and to make some serious money. Of course he'll overlook HHH being an asshole. HHH gave him his big break, so there's probably loyalty on Batista's part. It wasn't until he saw that maybe he could become champ, and that HHH wouldn't allow that to happen, that he finally woke up about what was going on.

Because he:

1) stood up to HHH

3) routinely got the upper hand on HHH on TV

4) got put over by HHH on PPV

Oh, I was just gonna say "WWE folder's latent homosexual tendencies," but you have a case, too!

Why not? Here's a newer guy like Batista, a virtual nobody, and suddenly the champ hand-picks him to join his group. Here's his chance to run w/ the big dogs, make his way up the card, and to make some serious money. Of course he'll overlook HHH being an asshole. HHH gave him his big break, so there's probably loyalty on Batista's part. It wasn't until he saw that maybe he could become champ, and that HHH wouldn't allow that to happen, that he finally woke up about what was going on.

Are you speaking in kayfabe or not?

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Because he:

1) stood up to HHH

Why should I (or anyone) cheer someone who took so long to "wake up" to Triple H's shit? Why should I cheer someone who joined Triple H for money, that doesn't sound like a big babyface to me.