TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Kurt Angle Responds To "Death Watch" Rumors

"To all my fans, I'm in perfect health. Thank you for your many kind comments, prayers and concern about me, but, again, I am healthy and in great shape. Yes, naturally I have a few minor aches and pains due to bumps and bruises but certainly nothing at all life-threatening or anything that will keep me from participating in the ring. Also, I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life, as has been fabricated on many website chat rooms. This great outpouring of concern for me demonstrates that my fans appreciate my hard work and dedication to be best. I have the greatest respect for all my fans, my family and everyone at WWE. I will never let you guys down. God bless you and thank you for your support."

-- PWTorch

Guest Coffey
I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life,

What, like wrestling with a broken neck?

I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life,

I beleive the official diagnosis was broken friggin' neck.

-Dr. Jerk

I want to know Kurt's definition of "perfect health".

My guess is not dead. The fact that Kurt honestly believes he's perfectly healthy is reason enough to bench him for a while.

Coming from a guy who put off neck surgery to perform at WrestleMania X9 and then allowed Lesnar to give him the F5 three times in one match (though the last one was improvised) I have trouble feeling any better about Angle's health.

Guest Fook_Theta

He has had way too many concussions and what I would say an unhealthy obsession with being this inhuman athelete that can do anything possible.

To quote Marcellus Wallace, "I'm pretty fucking far from ok."

"To all my fans, I'm not actually dead yet. Thank you for your many kind comments, prayers and concern about me, but, again, I am not dead yet. Yes, naturally I have had a few concussions, broken neck, broken back, atrophy, divorce and roid rage but certainly nothing at all life-threatening or anything that will keep me from participating in the ring. Also, I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life except working against doctor's orders, doing moonsaults off the top of cages and taking unprotected chairshots while self-medicating with a dangerous amount of prescription pills. This great outpouring of concern for me demonstrates that my fans appreciate my hard work and dedication to be best, despite being booked as a clown and kiss ass during my WWE tenure, all but negating the lifetime of hard work I put into winning a gold medal. I have the greatest respect for all my fans, my family and everyone at WWE. I will never let you guys down. God bless you and thank you for your support."

-- PWTorch

Edited for accuracy

Edited by cheech13

"To all my fans, I'm not actually dead yet. Thank you for your many kind comments, prayers and concern about me, but, again, I am not dead yet. Yes, naturally I have had a few concussions, broken neck, broken back, atrophy, divorce and roid rage but certainly nothing at all life-threatening or anything that will keep me from participating in the ring. Also, I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life except working against doctor's orders, doing moonsaults off the top of cages and taking unprotected chairshots while self-medicating with a dangerous amount of prescription pills. This great outpouring of concern for me demonstrates that my fans appreciate my hard work and dedication to be best, despite being booked as a clown and kiss ass during my WWE tenure, all but negating the lifetime of hard work I put into winning a gold medal. I have the greatest respect for all my fans, my family and everyone at WWE. I will never let you guys down. God bless you and thank you for your support."

-- PWTorch

Edited for accuracy

Post of the day.

A backlash is beginning against The Czech Republic.

And also, you can't say it was a burn in your own post that included the joke. That's dumb.

Edited by Kingofthe909

Guest Duncan Eternia

Ok this is a quesion I've had for while...

How bad is Angle's neck really? I know he messed it up before WM19 and took the option of a different kind of surgery than guys like Austin, Rhyno, and Benoit got. However he still moves around the ring pretty damn well for a guy that people say has a "broken neck". We all know how truely physicall wrestling is, but it's my beleief that Angle's neck isn't as bad as it's made out to be around here. Granted I've never had a bad neck injury so I can't say what getting through one is like. This is just something I've wondered about.

The Czech Infection. I like it.

This contradicts Kurt's view in 2000 when he said he was willing to accept living the rest of his life in a wheelchair. Then again 5 years does change things. Then again, he's right on course to being able to park much closer to public buildings.

Guest wahoo

So his management sends a letter specifially to the Torch in response to something caused by an article that didn't even mention his name. Real smart there guys. Denial is one of the major warning signs for drug problems, so let's issue one for something that doesn't even name anybody!

comical_ali.jpg

"Kurt Angle is in perfect health!"

Guest wahoo
How bad is Angle's neck really? I know he messed it up before WM19 and took the option of a different kind of surgery than guys like Austin, Rhyno, and Benoit got. However he still moves around the ring pretty damn well for a guy that people say has a "broken neck". We all know how truely physicall wrestling is, but it's my beleief that Angle's neck isn't as bad as it's made out to be around here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Look at my face," Kurt Angle says. "It looks

like I've aged 15 years in the last five."

Angle can no longer hear with his left ear, drained of fluid 80 times. He has

nerve damage in his face. He's had six knee surgeries and a broken neck. He's

dislocated his shoulder and ripped ligaments in his ankle.

The anguish is so acute: days in hospitals, moments when he hears his wife

worry he'll be in a wheelchair a decade from now. But this is a cosmic-size

genetic experiment -- we've found a man whose interface lacks a stop button --

so Kurt Angle nods, takes the pain with the elation and keeps going harder than

ever, never stopping ... never stopping ... never stopping.

The sacrifices are not worth it. Many mornings, Angle, 35, struggles to rise

from bed.

Someday, he'll likely need two of his vertebrae fused together. Such a

procedure would end his wrestling career, but Angle hopes to continue at least

another three years without surgery.

"The only time I'm 100 percent is right before a match, with the adrenaline and

everything," Angle says. "But after that, I'm right back down to the bottom

again."

"I'll never stop," he says.

full article at http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04221/358416.stm

+++++++++++++++++++++++

You guys do know that a "broken neck" can mean something as minor as a cracked vertebrate no? That's still bad but it's hardly the end of the world. It's not like his spine snapped in half.

Guest cacheton

I beleive the official diagnosis was broken friggin' neck.

-Dr. Jerk

Actually it's broken freakin neck

A backlash is beginning against The Czech Republic.

Woohoo, I started doing this two years ago.

I wasn't being serious.