TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Joey Styles Signs 5-Year Deal With WWE

Straight from WWE.Com

WWE.com has learned that Joey Styles has signed a five-year contract to be the play-by-play man for Monday Night RAW. When we spoke with Styles a few weeks ago, he mentioned that becoming the voice of RAW would be a dream come true for him. WWE.com would like to congratulate Joey Styles on his new position.

Check back here Monday at noon for an in-depth interview with Joey Styles regarding becoming the full-time play-by-play man for RAW.

It's scary to imagine how much money they offered him, as it was said it would have to be a boatload in order for him to sign.

It's supposed to be relatively low for the first year, so he's seen as earning his position, and then it rises up after that.

Yeah, good for him, and good for WWE. I was just thinking how RAW has been somewhat more bearable without JR screaming his catch phrases and having a heart attack every time something happens.

Yeah, good for him, and good for WWE. I was just thinking how RAW has been somewhat more bearable without JR screaming his catch phrases and having a heart attack every time something happens.

Truth. And I've noticed, at least to me, that Lawler kind of stepped up his game abit and is more bearable since Styles joined.

Truth. And I've noticed, at least to me, that Lawler kind of stepped up his game abit and is more bearable since Styles joined.

He has to. He's scared of losing his spot.

Raw has just gotten a bit better....but just a little bit.

Yea...I know this guy is some kind of smark favorite or whatever..but seriously..

I can't be the only one who absolutely hates his voice can I? He brings the facts...like with Josh Matthews, that's a plus, he's good at his job..but, he's just so damn annoying IMO.

I think Lawler's a full blown face now. That might make him a little more tolerable without him fellating the heels all of the time.

Guest JMA
Where does Styles live? I assume he'll be moving closer to the WWE head offices.

Apparently he's one of the few people that likes where the WWE head offices are located.

Guest Kou

This is great news, As Styles has made Raw much more bareable to watch in recent weeks. Normally I'd watch Raw but not really be fully interested most of the time, but with Joey announcing it has that certain spark again.

Where does Styles live? I assume he'll be moving closer to the WWE head offices.

Apparently he's one of the few people that likes where the WWE head offices are located.

All during ECW, Joey Styles made his home ironically enough in Stamford, Connecticut. It was only recently that he moved his family ironically enough x2 to Atlanta, GA for a new advertising job. Odds are, Joey's going to move back to Stamford.

Excellent. Get Coach out of there and I'm fine with Styles/Lawler.

In all fairness to Coach, he has come out and outright said he doesn't want to be an announcer. Vince makes him do it. He admits that the emotion just isn't there and he comes off as phony with all the screaming and yelling. He just doesn't have the passion for wrestling like other announcers have (Ross, Styles) because he didn't grow up as a fan. They should have him just be a heel manager or mouthpiece because that's what he wants to do and is the role he is best at.

Guest JMA

They need to have Coach form a manager stable (maybe called "The Player's Club") where he's associated with all the wrestlers but they don't necessarily team up with each other.

They need to have Coach form a manager stable (maybe called "The Player's Club") where he's associated with all the wrestlers but they don't necessarily team up with each other.

Their catchphrase can be "You just got played".

Guest JMA

I seem to recall that Coach actually did have a TitanTron logo that had a "Player's Club" logo on it. It makes me wonder whether WWE was going to give him a manager stable before Cade was injured.

I love it.

I love the Coach character but I don't think he should be announcing. He just seems out of place with the new team of Styles and Lawler.

I do like how Lawler has stepped up his game in recent weeks. He's really impressed me. However, it was very odd to hear Joey utter the words "Shane O Mac Shuffle" on Raw last week, just very odd. Anyway, I hope he gets to call the Rumble match with Tazz in January.

Guest JMA

I love it.

I love the Coach character but I don't think he should be announcing. He just seems out of place with the new team of Styles and Lawler.

I do like how Lawler has stepped up his game in recent weeks. He's really impressed me. However, it was very odd to hear Joey utter the words "Shane O Mac Shuffle" on Raw last week, just very odd. Anyway, I hope he gets to call the Rumble match with Tazz in January.

That's the thing, Lawler used to be quite good at doing commentary. Then they made his character a pervert and it all started to go downhill.