TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brian

PRIDE looking for first death in sanctioned MMA

Guest Brian

Credit MMAWeekly:

12/17/05) - PRIDE announced that Kazushi Sakuraba will end up facing a heavyweight opponent on the 12/31 Saitama Super Arena show.

Additionally, there are various reports that six fighters have been discussed or are being negotiated with as a potential opponent for Sakuraba:

Heavyweights that have been mentioned are Minotauro Nogueira, Giant Silva, Emelianenko Alexander, Pawel Nastula, Fabricio Werdum, and James Thompson.

The most likely candidate? A decision should be made in the next 24-48 hours of who the opponent will be.

Sense does this make?

You can count Nastula and Alex out as they are facing each other. Also, someone with more inside info than myself has stated that Werdum himself has confirmed a fight against Nog. That would leave Silva and Thompson. I think if they get desperate enough they would do Saku/Minowa, though as a last resort only. I don't see the Law being used here. Silva against Thompson would be a fun fight. Didn't Silva retire?

Guest Brian

They're going with Minowa according to Meltz. I'm happy/relieved they didn't sacrifice Saku.

They're going with Minowa according to Meltz. I'm happy/relieved they didn't sacrifice Saku.

Thank God, I guess DSE was expecting Tamura to finally cave and sign to fight Saku, but when that fell through they obviously didn't have a backup plan. The three new matches actually made the most sense out of the remaining participants. Hopefully Nog and Werdum is signed.