TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Worst Song of 2005

Anybody who watched the Dick Clark New Years Eve thing: What the hell was that song by Pussycat Girls or whatever their name is? That had to be the most conceited fucking song I've ever heard. Not as bad as Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk, but pretty close.

agreed that song is horrid. and to make it worse my sisters friend brought that cd for our new years party and I had to listen to the whole damn thing :(

The only GD albulm I have here (well its my sis') is Warning so thats probably the only reason I like it (cuz I have listened to it hundreds of times on the bus back when I was going to school). Most of their songs are catchy to mean, but they are at least a tad overrated.

I have to listen to the same top-40 shit radio at my job because, if we dare to change to another station, the universe will apparently implode or something. So that being said, the worst songs I heard this year, and I think I know them all by heart :

My Humps

Don't phunk with my heart

Don't cha

Hung Up ( I hear this maybe 6-7 times a day since two months )

Wake me up when September ends

We be burning

Pon de Replay

Hollaback girl

Anything by Simple plan. The singer has the worst voice ever.

"You're Beautiful" by James Blunt without a shadow of doubt. That fucker was everywhere and it's utter shit. The guy has a nasty, whiny voice plus the fact that the lyrics willfully contradict themselves (she was with another man/I'm not going to worry, I've got a plan.....(later)but I never will have you- clearly you haven't got a fucking plan Blunt!) and you've got a recipe for pure sentimental slop

Also "Hard To Beat" by Hard-Fi was horrible, music for idiots

You're kidding. That's the best pop song in god knows how long. Since at least Toxic.

"You're Beautiful" by James Blunt without a shadow of doubt. That fucker was everywhere and it's utter shit. The guy has a nasty, whiny voice plus the fact that the lyrics willfully contradict themselves (she was with another man/I'm not going to worry, I've got a plan.....(later)but I never will have you- clearly you haven't got a fucking plan Blunt!)

Well, maybe as the song progresses, he's reconsidering and realizing that his plan is futile?

Speaking of futile, I'm defending James Blunt. You're right, what an irritating song.

I always thought Nimrod was the best Green Day album they've ever released.

Anyways besides My Humps and anything Lindsey Lohan has done, I gotta say anything released by the Arcade Fire is the most boring, over-dramatic "faux indie" tripe ever. The singer is dull, the band in bland and should be called the suckier version of the cure for all I care.

Through Alexisonfire, Fall Out Boy and Theory of a Deadman in there as well for some other junk in there.

You're kidding. That's the best pop song in god knows how long. Since at least Toxic.

Different tastes for different people I guess. I didn't like the song after the first few times I heard it, I won't like it any more after a hundred more times. I will say however that Hung Up , in comparaison to American Life, is like hearing the voice of God.

I gotta say anything released by the Arcade Fire is the most boring, over-dramatic "faux indie" tripe ever. The singer is dull, the band in bland and should be called the suckier version of the cure for all I care.

And I gotta say that their album really grew on me, like I never thought it could. I started getting this vibe from it that made me feel like a little kid again. There's a cool sort of youthful exuberance in a lot of their songs that I wasn't picking up on before. That said, the violinist must be blowing the engineer, because often it's mixed way to the front, and the drummer can't do anything remotely compelling. Beyond that, good album, after all.

Also: "faux indie"?

The female violinist is pretty cute, in a sort of "I might have Down's syndrome" kind of way.

I finally heard "My Humps" for the first time the other day. It's stupid, but I don't find it any more contemptible than their other singles. So it sucks, but not as much as, say, Toby Keith.

Anyways besides My Humps and anything Lindsey Lohan has done, I gotta say anything released by the Arcade Fire is the most boring, over-dramatic "faux indie" tripe ever.

You're calling My Humps and Lindsey Lohan boring, over-dramatic "faux-indie" tripe?

Anyways besides My Humps and anything Lindsey Lohan has done, I gotta say anything released by the Arcade Fire is the most boring, over-dramatic "faux indie" tripe ever.

You're calling My Humps and Lindsey Lohan boring, over-dramatic "faux-indie" tripe?

LindsAy

I think he's using "faux indie tripe" as a reason to say any Arcade Fire song is the worst of 2005 behind the other stuff.

Redbaron still hasn't elaborated on his description, incidentally.

LindsAy

I think he's using "faux indie tripe" as a reason to say any Arcade Fire song is the worst of 2005 behind the other stuff.

Redbaron still hasn't elaborated on his description, incidentally.

TSM probably doesnt work for him yet. Aracde Fire is faux like Armani.

For all you photograph haters, what's wrong with you? Seriously. I know it gets old fast, but its idea is based on some fundamental human nature of reminiscing with old photographs. Who hasn't done that? Studies show when your house goes up in flames the first thing people tend to grab is the photo album. I guess you all must not take pictures and really hate your lives.

Also, you need to do a bigger comparison. If Nickleback has always sucked, why is it any surprise they still suck?

Look at a talent level. Black Eyed Peas have made GOOD music before..."My humps" however, is horrendous. At the station I work for, it's the most hated song we play. "Hollaback" is a close second since No Doubt had a few decent songs.