Sign in to follow this  
HandofFate

Better wrestler poll

Who is the better pro wrestler  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better PROFESSIONAL wrestler

• Kurt Angle
    • Christopher Daniels

I'm guessing the criteria is who's better when it comes to the full gamut of being a pro-wrestler. In-ring presence, mic-skills, charisma, brawling skills, high-flying, story-telling, psychology, carrying ability, etc. And maybe their match ratings and stuff like that.

If we are going by right now, Daniels. Angle has just become lame on the mic since he went all "GRR KURT SMASH" and things.

Plus the Fallen Angel has always rocked and never got the chance he deserved until now.

Daniels is way better right now. Angle is oustanding in WWE, no doubt, but that's in WWE style matches. Daniels has proved solid in multiple styles of matches. I think Kurt is insane enough that he could push himself to learn more than WWE style even at his growing age and decreasing physical shape, but hasn't been allowed to.

The only thing I'll give Daniels is he's better in the ring as far as he can work more styles than Angle. Other than that, I'm biased against Daniels...so I vote Kurt.

Just wondering Carnival, but why are biased against Daniels. Having not followed much non-mainstream wrestling (I've really only watched WWE, ECW and TNA regularly), I was no Daniels fan when I first saw him. But his work with XXX and the way he's made the most of his single's push this year made me a fan. So I was just wondering. I didn't vote in the poll though, cuz I can't decide. Can we call it a push? :unsure:

I must be one of the few who voted for Angle. Daniels is one of those guys who has never done "it" for me. Maybe it's a first impression type deal and I remember that WCW 2000 match he had with Mike Modest where they both blew spots left and right.

I've seen Daniels in some excellent tag matches vs. AMW, I've seen him in some 3 way X division matches I liked, but I can't think of a particular singles match with him that I thought was amazing. I haven't seen all of his work however.

I thought he was better in XXX, but I still didn't like him. He's just boring to me. his matches are good. and he's good wrestler. But personally I'm just not really entertained by him. In the ring..sure, not especially though. I'd watch a Daniels match more for who his opponent is. Plus abowen33's love for him, adds to my hate.

To me Daniels is the definition of SOLID. I can't really knock him in any way. But IMO, he's does nothing great either.

I'd say based on what they've done in their careers, Angle is better. However, as of right now in the very present, I'd say Daniels has been better.

When both men's careers are over, Angle will have the last laugh and be remembered far more than Daniels. However, there has been a tremendous dropoff for Kurt since he switched over to Raw. Lack of quality opponents and he just seems off since the switch. I haven't been impressed at all with his program with Cena and there really isn't much more Angle and HBK can do together that wasn't already covered in theri previous matches. Daniels has been just superb since the summer and has continued the momentum, so he gets a present nod.

Guest Coffey

It's a tough call for me because I don't think either one is particularly amazing. I thought the discussion in the other thread was Angle Vs. Joe? Now THAT I could vote on.

Kinda hard to say. Both are way overrated by their biggest fans. Still, Daniels has 2 recent fabulous babyface performances (Danielson, Punk) which make me vote for him.

Carnival pretty much hit the nail on the head re: Daniels. He's just...a guy to me. For instance in the 3 way with AJ and Joe he was by far the least interesting to me. Maybe I've never much cared about him due to not liking his gimmick much, or the collar he sometimes wears. It's hard to fully explain, but he never quite looked right to me somehow. Like his neck is too big, something isn't proportioned right, just something that would justify Vince never signing the guy. Know what I mean?

There's no point to Joe vs. Angle, because it's not even arguable. Daniels vs. Angle is closer, because neither guy is particularly very good, and it could go either way. But as others have said, right now it's Daniels due to what he's done lately. Past 3-4 years? Complete toss up.

What criteria is being used?

I was using the criteria as in being a pro wrestler hence the capitalization of the word professional. I didn't want to have people just think of it as a wrestler cuz people would go into talk about amateur wrestling and I didn't want that to factor into the vote. As far as who is the better wrestler currently or ever, I think that I was meaning it to be currently since the discussion that was going on in the other thread was about how they are currently or at least that's how I have been understanding it. Anyways, I think that the poll is going pretty good right now :D

Daniels works best in RoH. Even from the few matches I have of RoH (all of which are from its first year in business), Daniels is by far the most interesting man. His character was great, his promo's were solid, and his matches were very, very good.

Guest Leelee
Let's start a Samoa Joe vs. the rest of the TNA/WWE roster poll!!!

Good idea!

And let's start it in the TNA folder of this very unbiased board. I'm sure we'll come to a respectable conclusion.

Guest Bones
I'm guessing the criteria is who's better when it comes to the full gamut of being a pro-wrestler. In-ring presence, mic-skills, charisma, brawling skills, high-flying, story-telling, psychology, carrying ability, etc. And maybe their match ratings and stuff like that.

In-ring presents-Angle

Mic skills-Angle

Charisma-Angle

Brawling-Even

High flying-Daniels

Story telling-Angle

Psychology-Angle

Carrying ability-Angle

In my eyes there isn't anyone that would get my "overall" vote over Angle.

Let's start a Samoa Joe vs. the rest of the TNA/WWE roster poll!!!

Good idea!

And let's start it in the TNA folder of this very unbiased board. I'm sure we'll come to a respectable conclusion.

Ok, I'd say at LEAST 75% of the TNA folder also follows WWE. Just because we also watch and post about TNA, we are gonna be biased? I know your "unbiased" line was sarcastic, but I'm sure a lot of us are unbiased when it comes to WWE/TNA. WWE has one style right now. One. From cruserweights to divas to midcard to main eventers, there is one WWE style for a match. TNA at least allows different styles. You have the main event WWE stlye, then you have the X division style. Some fall inbetween. Daniels hasn't really worked a main event style match in TNA, mostly X stuff, but he also works ROH and idependent dates. He has proved he can work different styles. Angle hasn't; even if it's because he's always only been allowed one style. 2005 Daniels > 2005 Angle, but again if we look from 2000 on, Angle has definitly had the better run.

In-ring presents-Angle

'tis the season

As much as I dislike the way Angle is currently portrayed on Raw, I can't think of one reason to say that Daniels has anything on Angle in the non-workrate categories. Plus, Daniels has a very lame gimmick that might have been fashionable 5 years ago, but now seems ridicules. High flying goes to Daniels, and I honestly have not seen any indication that Daniels is superior on the categories of psychology or story telling. Since I've never seen a single second of ROH, I'm going entirely by how he's been used in TNA.

It's funny because in the Samoa Joe/Punk shoot they talk about how Daniels carried a green Kurt Angle who was unable to take a bump due to a concussion to a helluva match in one of the E's old developmental leagues I believe.

Anyways I've seen both men cut promos and I will say that Daniels does a better job although Angle is a tad more charismatic. Daniels is more versatile and edges out in the ring department, but Angle works on a bigger platform with more restrictions. So to be honest It's hard to pick one. I'll go with Daniels just because Angle never did "it" for me, and Daniels has with his ROH work.

In-ring presents-Angle

Mic skills-Angle

Charisma-Angle

Brawling-Even

High flying-Daniels

Story telling-Angle

Psychology-Angle

Carrying ability-Angle

In my eyes there isn't anyone that would get my "overall" vote over Angle.

Benoit would take every category except for mic skills.