TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Infinite Crisis

Pantha, Bushido and Wildebeest kicked the bucket.

The Flashes bumrushing Superboy has to be one of the greatest comic moments of recent times.

Either way

if anyone has seen pictures of the superboy action figure, he will be back with anti-moniter armor

I was wondering the same thing about the maimed characters. Which guy got his arm ripped off? And was Red Star the one turned to ice?

The new issue of Teen Titans has an alternate version of the Superboy vs. everybody else fight. Not as disturbingly violent, but explains a little more.

Who are the 2 people in the back?

ALSO: Good news for Doom Patrol fans. That Teen Titans issue (#32) that shows the Superboy-Prime vs. everybody else battle also undoes John Byrne's Doom Patrol ret-conning from the most recent series, but leaves the original DP line-up still alive.

That is is good news, especially for those of us who feel that Byrne's series is an abomination.

In this case "those of us" = anyone who has ever read a Doom Patrol comic in their entire life.

I'm really hoping Byrne's new characters die horrible, painful deaths before IC is over.

I thought that was StevieKick of Earth-Prime. Now I am all confused.

No no, StevieKick of Earth-Prime is Steve Kick, the plain old regular guy to whom 'StevieKick' is just a fictional online messageboard character.

Anyone else reading the awesome "This is Your Life" story arc in the Superman books. The story takes place during Infinite Crisis #5 so I'll put Spoiler Tags

The story begins as Ka-El and Kal-L begin their battle to determine the fate of the DCU. The point of the story is that each time one Superman is hit he ends up experiencing the other Superman's life and hence ends up re-writing history because he handles the situation differently.

Part 1 Superman #226

The book focuses on Kal-El experiencing life in the 1930'-1940's. He ends up loving how things were black and white and thus he was able to be assertive with his decisions(beatdown criminals). He could trust his fellow heroes and he knew who the bad guys were(The Axis Powers for example). He loves his playful relationship with Lois and the games he plays with her to prevent her from discovering his secret identity. According to Kal-El there were "no shades of grey", however his love for this new life changes when the US Government introduces the House of Un-American Activities. The heroes are forced to reveal their identities to the Government or face the consequences, Kal-El decides that he has to make a stand. As the JSA are being question he walks in and tells the Senators "You are poisoning this country with fear and hatred... and I will not see my nation underminded by cowards. If it takes a name to make you stop, then you can have mine I'm Clark Kent. I'm Superman. And today I'm ashamed to be an American."

Part 2 Action Comics #836

Here we see what Kal-L would have done in the most important moments of Kal-EL's life

-Instead of taking a passive aproach with Batman the first time they meet. He stands up to him and asks Batman to form a partnership

-Together S/B take down Luthor the first chance they get

- With Luthor dying of cancer because of Kryptonite poisoning, Superman offers him the chance to live in exchance for Luthor using his intelligence for good.

-He battles with Doomsday, only this time, Supeman survives and makes sure Doomsday is dead by twisting his neck around and he also wants that to serve as an example to every other villain. Important note: E2 Superman believes that E1 Superman's "death" was the start of when things went wrong. Therefore he wills himself to stay alive]

Identity Crisis time, in the JLA sattelite, when they were discussing what to do with Dr. Light. Superman appears, and offers a "third alternative." He sends Dr. Light to the Phantom Zone."

Kal-L is confronted by Wonder Woman, Hal, Flash, Zatanna and Aquaman. They said they are no longer condoning his actions of sending criminals to his own "private hell." Superman disbands the league. Zatanna tries to put him to sleep, but realizes she can't speak backwards all of a sudden.

We cut to a scene of Ka-L's new league... composed of Hawkman, Guy Gardner, Green Arrow, Batman, Manchester Black and other members of JL-Elite. He said that unlike his impostor he would save the world from itself.

So the moral of the story is that Kal-L's black and white take is driving him closer to being a villain

Also the only constant in both lives is Lois Lane and the love the Supermen have for her.

Part 3 comes out on March 1st with IC #5

Anyone else reading the awesome "This is Your Life" story arc in the Superman books. The story takes place during Infinite Crisis #5 so I'll put Spoiler Tags

The story begins as Ka-El and Kal-L begin their battle to determine the fate of the DCU. The point of the story is that each time one Superman is hit he ends up experiencing the other Superman's life and hence ends up re-writing history because he handles the situation differently.

Part 1 Superman #226

The book focuses on Kal-El experiencing life in the 1930'-1940's. He ends up loving how things were black and white and thus he was able to be assertive with his decisions(beatdown criminals). He could trust his fellow heroes and he knew who the bad guys were(The Axis Powers for example). He loves his playful relationship with Lois and the games he plays with her to prevent her from discovering his secret identity. According to Kal-El there were "no shades of grey", however his love for this new life changes when the US Government introduces the House of Un-American Activities. The heroes are forced to reveal their identities to the Government or face the consequences, Kal-El decides that he has to make a stand. As the JSA are being question he walks in and tells the Senators "You are poising this country with fear and hatred... and I will not see my nation underminded by cowards. If it takes a name to make you stop, then you can have mine I'm Clark Kent. I'm Superman. And today I'm ashamed to be an American."

Here we see what Kal-L would have done in the most important moments of Kal-EL's life

-Instead of taking a passive aproach with Batman the first time they meet. He stands up to him and asks Batman to form a partnership

- With Luthor dying of cancer because of Kryptonite poisoning, Superman offers him the chance to live in exchance for Luthor using his intelligence for good.

-He battles with Doomsday, only this time, Supeman survives and makes sure Doomsday is dead by twisting his neck around and he also wants that to serve as an example to every other villain. Important note: E2 Superman believes that E1 Superman's "death" was the start of when things went wrong. Therefore he wills himself to stay alive]

Identity Crisis time, in the JLA sattelite, when they were discussing what to do with Dr. Light. Superman appears, and offers a "third alternative." He sends Dr. Light to the Phantom Zone."

Kal-L is confronted by Wonder Woman, Hal, Flash, Zatanna and Aquaman. They said they are no longer condoning his actions of sending criminals to his own "private hell." Superman disbands the league. Zatanna tries to put him to sleep, but realizes she can't speak backwards all of a sudden.

We cut to a scene of Ka-El's new league... composed of Hawkman, Guy Gardner, Green Arrow, Batman, Manchester Black and other members of JL-Elite. He said that unlike his impostor he would save the world from itself.

So the moral of the story is that Kal-L's black and white take is driving him closer to being a villain

Oh man that is awesome. I wasn't going to buy any Superman comics until Busiek starts, but I think I'm going to pick up those issues now.

I thought that was StevieKick of Earth-Prime. Now I am all confused.

No no, StevieKick of Earth-Prime is Steve Kick, the plain old regular guy to whom 'StevieKick' is just a fictional online messageboard character.

This is an awesome point.

Part 1 Superman #226

The book focuses on Kal-El experiencing life in the 1930'-1940's. He ends up loving how things were black and white and thus he was able to be assertive with his decisions(beatdown criminals). He could trust his fellow heroes and he knew who the bad guys were(The Axis Powers for example). He loves his playful relationship with Lois and the games he plays with her to prevent her from discovering his secret identity. According to Kal-El there were "no shades of grey", however his love for this new life changes when the US Government introduces the House of Un-American Activities. The heroes are forced to reveal their identities to the Government or face the consequences, Kal-El decides that he has to make a stand. As the JSA are being question he walks in and tells the Senators "You are poising this country with fear and hatred... and I will not see my nation underminded by cowards. If it takes a name to make you stop, then you can have mine I'm Clark Kent. I'm Superman. And today I'm ashamed to be an American."

We cut to a scene of Ka-L's new league... composed of Hawkman, Guy Gardner, Green Arrow, Batman, Manchester Black and other members of JL-Elite. He said that unlike his impostor he would save the world from itself.

Also the only constant in both lives is Lois Lane and the love the Supermen have for her.

I was going to pick up those issues anyways, but after reading this post I can't wait to read it.

Yeah, thanks for the tip, Kurt Angle Mark. I was at the comic store today and picked up their last copies of those 2 issues.

And what's the deal with the "One Year Later" books starting before IC is even over?