TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shooting Star

Wearing belts

The only person with the right to wear the title belt over his shoulder is The Big Show, and that's only because it won't fit around his waist.

What looks the best on the wrestler who has the belt. With someone like Triple H or RVD it looks good on the shoulder. With Kurt Angle or Shelton Benjamin I prefer the waist.

I dunno...

The belts looked good around the waist of RVD when he was in ECW.

As for Triple H, belts look best when they're not anywhere near him. :D

It depends on the guy. For someone like HHH, around the waist. Bret Hart, over the shoulder. You did, however, forget The Rock's "dragging the belt along the ground" and guys like Kane just hold it in their hands...

Hate the dragging. I like how MNM have it though

Good shoulder guy:

33.jpg

Taker looks crap when he has a belt around his waist like in 2002. Is it just me or did Taker also wear the belt around his neck once?

Waist guy:

11.jpg

Hate the dragging. I like how MNM have it though

As do I... And I forgot about MNM. I like their style, but it wouldn't work for most.

Oh yeah, no one mentioned Bubba Ray's old "around the neck" style.

Austin's "Carry the belt in one hand and throw it into the ring" routine was always fun to watch.

I also liked when Undertaker would wear titles around his neck when he was Bikertaker.

Guest Fook

It always looked great when Jericho would have the two world title belts, one over each shoulder.

The only person with the right to wear the title belt over his shoulder is The Big Show, and that's only because it won't fit around his waist.

15.jpg

Yes it can.

Well, it could six years ago when Show was less ample around the middle.

15.jpg

Yes it can.

OK, another example then.

03.jpg

She, at that time, was probably the same waist-size as current Big Show.

I'm with Bret Hart on this one. Shoulder for promos, waist for matches. And he frowns on people like Kevin Nash, who drag the belt around.

A peculiar one I've seen is the belt strapped diagonally across your chest (like an ammo belt), with the larger plate on the guy's back, facing behind him.

15.jpg

Yes it can.

Yeah and he had muscle. Hell look at the muscles in his arms. They don't look anything like that now. Just fat looking.

Edited by EdwardKnoxII

I always preferred around the waist unless they were too fat. However Money Inc. was the best when Ted Dibiase would wear it around his waist and I.R.S. would wear it over his shoulder but it was closed.

Thanks.

I'm with Bret Hart on this one. Shoulder for promos, waist for matches. And he frowns on people like Kevin Nash, who drag the belt around.

I'm sort of with this, but I'd refine it a little. Around the waist when dressed to compete; over the shoulder in street clothes. I, too, think around the waist over street clothes looks weird, but even if a guy is just coming out to talk, if he's in his gear, it looks good strapped on. However, there's certainly some exceptions, like Taker, Show, Cena, etc.

I was never a fan of Rock just dragging it behind him, but I was fine with Austin doing so, because he's a crazy redneck. It fit the character.

One of my favorite, most unique ways to wear the belt was when Big Show wore the Hardcore Title around his bicep.

EDIT: Oh, and when in suits or such...how about how Ric Flair would carry the title? Neatly folded, holding it in his hands.

Edited by ChrisMWaters

Better yet, win a shitload of them and get someone to carry the excess belts.

19.jpg

Yeah, I was trying to find that one pic of Ultimo Dragon with the belts ALL over him

Slightly off topic, but...

38.jpg

I kinda wish they didn't change to the Attitude logo. That belt there looks a bit more professional, to me, than the one with the Attitude logo.

...except for the blue strap. I'd change that much.

Oh, and I wish they'd sell a replica of it too.