Charlotte @ Orlando, 7:00

NO/OK @ Atlanta, 7:00

Milwaukee @ Cleveland, 7:30

Utah @ Detroit, 7:30

Memphis @ Chicago, 8:00

Minnesota @ Dallas, 8:00

San Antonio @ Phoenix, 9:00

LA Lakers @ LA Clippers, 10:30

Jazz have actually won four in a row with an almost sure fifth coming against a Kobe-less LA at home(and they'll have Harpring back).

My bad. I hope they win, but they seem to have trouble winning close games, and it seems that when people play a Kobe-less Lakers they underestimate way too much.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Are there any potential saviors available in the lottery? I've conceded that the Knicks aren't shit this year.

That was a hell of a game for the Knicks. Once the suns lost their 4th player to fouls, it was a done deal. But nash had 28 points and 22 assist. That is fucking sick.

Bob Weiss of the Sonics is the first coaching casualty of the season. Can't believe we made it all the way to January.

Link~

Bob Hill, the Spurs' head coach before Pops took the reigns, was promoted into his spot and won his debut tonight against the Bulls.

The huge hole in the middle is what is really killing the Bulls. There is absolutely no rebounding, which means no second chances after missed shots, and they have been shooting poorly for the last few weeks. I can tell they have lost confidence in the way they play and they get shaken each time a team makes a comeback on them, generally in the second half of the games. The lack of Antonio Davis' leadership is showing bigtime now, especially with Chandler who has been very soft and ineffective this season. Paxson has said he won't be making any mid season changes either, so either Skiles lights a fire under their asses soon or we are in for a long second half of the season.

You wanna know what is really wrong with the bulls? Scott Skiles.

Listen, the dude is a great assistant coach, but the way he talks to his players in the locker room and in the press does not go well with a young team. He always is going to wear out his welcome in a few years, just like he did in Phoenix.

He does this thing where a player can get in his doghouse for one or two bad plays and they won't see the court the rest of the game. Scott has always been a hot tempered person and he is one as a coach and I think it is hurting the team right now.

Wow the Hornets beat the Heat last night in OKC and they had overflow on fans.

The Hornets are in the top 10 in league attendance! The Hornets are on fire when they're at home! The games they were supposed to play in Baton Rouge have been moved to OKC.

Man this is exciting b/c it's looking like OKC will have an NBA team for a while, even if the Hornets go back we'll get another.

Wow, who knew?

You would think that Sandy Eggo and St. Louis would have a better fanbase for an NBA franchise than OKC.

It's really sad they chose not to even play token games in LA. If the Saints announced they were playing next year in SA their would be a media shitstorm, and this is the 1st I hear of the Hornets exlculsive to OKC.

The games they were supposed to play in Baton Rouge have been moved to OKC.

Louisiana = pwned

Yeah they're so not going back. Worst-kept secret of the NBA this year.

Actually the games that were supposed to be played in Baton Rouge were switched because the Hornets are going to play three games in New Orleans in March.

Edited by Kurt Angle Mark

Why though would you remove the team away from a place that's Top 10 in attendance to a place that was near the bottom in league attendance? If I was the Hornets owner I would want to stay in OKC and never leave.

It seems like Artest will get traded to Golden State, but the hold up is the game between Indy and Golden State. Not sure who's going to be involved for sure, but one of the rumored trades was Artest and Foster for Murphy and Pietrus.

Man, the inconsistent play of the Rockets is incredibly frustrating. How come they can go on the road and handle a good team like Cleveland, but can't take jobbers like the Raptors at home? I think the Yao injury is hurting the team more than people realize.

And that Indy/GS trade would be killer for the Warriors. They lose a couple 3-point shooters, but they rely on 3's way too much anyway. They get Artest who needs no hype, but also a very solid role player in Foster who will do all the garbage work you need. IMO, this is a steal for GS.

The real key to that trade is can Carlisle harness Pietrus' athleticism into a great player. If so then Indiana gets exactly what they need out of the trade, if they can put Stephen Jackson, Granger, Pietrus, Jermaine O'Neal, Austin Croshere, Troy Murphy, Anthony Johnson, jamaal Tinsley (whom they should trade imho), Sarunas Jaskicvicious in a very good rotation.

Too bad they wouldn't have reggie miller still, then I'd consider them a contender.

Edited by jwpeer

You wanna know what is really wrong with the bulls? Scott Skiles.

Actually, from what I saw in the abomination of a game against the Sonics, the problem with the Bulls is that they can't score. They have almost no offensive threats. Basically, it's just Ben Gordon hustling his ass off and Kirk Hinrich dropping in a bucket or two here and there. It's horrible (not that the Sonics are much better.)

As for the Sonics, they have a great front court this year. They're actually outrebounding teams, which I have never, in my life, seen them do. The problem is they only have a couple of guards on the team. Ray Allen's a shooting guard, Ronald "Flip" Murray is a shooting guard who acts like a point guard (he's such a ball hog, I wish they'd get rid of him now!), Luke Ridnour's been great at point but he can't play the whole game and has been injury-plagued, and I don't know where the hell Rick Brunson is. Damien Wilkins had to step in a couple of games at point guard and he's really a small forward. He's 6'6", but he's no Magic Johnson. So, in closing, Seattle needs to trade for some guards and soon! I suggest Ron Murray and Vitaly Potapenko for two point guards from somewhere. Actually, I just want to get rid of those guys, but it'd be nice to get something in return.