TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

2006 NFL Off-Season

Guest Vitamin X

I don't care about Matt Millen.

In other news of shit I could give less a fuck about, the latest on McNabb vs. T.O. (football's version of Shaq vs. Kobe?).

McNabb says Owens' criticism amounts to ``black-on-black crime''

February 1, 2006

DETROIT (AP) -- Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb injected a race element into his rift with Terrell Owens on Wednesday, saying the receiver's criticism amounted to "black-on-black crime."

In an interview with ESPN, McNabb rehashed some of the low moments of his relationship with his teammate, making fun of Owens' driveway apology and bringing up the race angle.

In November, responding to a question from Michael Irvin during an ESPN interview, Owens said Philadelphia would likely be in a better situation if Brett Favre was the quarterback instead of the banged-up McNabb.

"It was like, it's unreal," McNabb said. "That's like me going out and saying, `Hey, if we had Steve Largent. If we had Joe Jurevicius. It was definitely a slap in the face to me. It was a slap in the face because, as deep as people want to go into it, it was black-on-black crime."

Not long after that, an NAACP leader criticized McNabb for "playing the race card" in explaining why he didn't run the ball as often as he used to.

In November, the Eagles suspended Owens for the remainder of the season for his repeated criticism of the team, McNabb and several other issues. The team recently gave Owens permission to seek a trade, and this week he visited the Denver Broncos.

On Wednesday, McNabb brought up some of the criticism he had taken through his career, and said Owens was simply piling on with his statement.

"It's different to say, `If we had Michael Vick or Daunte Culpepper or Steve McNair or Byron Leftwich," McNabb said of four black starting quarterbacks. "But to go straight to Brett Favre, that kind of just slapped me in the face like, `Wow ..."'

Owens apologized twice publicly -- once after his preseason holdout and then again, in his driveway, after he was suspended.

"The first apology, that was to the organization," McNabb said. "Then, I was thrown in there -- `If I offended Donovan in any way' -- you know. Instead of that, you could have just told me, hey, I apologize for the way it came out. I didn't mean it that way. Just come talk to me."

This is just fucking retarded.

Guest Princess Leena

That's a fine example of why I can't talk to black people.

Many are so paranoid like McNabb here that they have no common sense.

And then on the flipside if you did compare him to Vick, Daunte... then people bitch about that. Whatever.

Yeah, I watched the interview. It was pretty stupid. Plus the only white receivers McNabb could name were Steve Largent and Joe Jurevicious.

Yeah, I watched the interview. It was pretty stupid. Plus the only white receivers McNabb could name were Steve Largent and Joe Jurevicious.

I'd say that's pretty good! Two more than I can name!

Ed McCaffrey and Ricky Proehl are the only other ones that come to mind for me.

And then on the flipside if you did compare him to Vick, Daunte... then people bitch about that. Whatever.

This is a fine example of why I can't talk to stuck up white bitches,

because they sterotype all minortys.

Time for some honesty. What McNabb said was fucking retarded, no doubt about it. Comparing him to any other black QB currently in the league is pretty fucking retarded. The NAACP is fucking retarded, Terrell Owens is fucking retarded and Hugh Douglas is fucking retarded.

Ok, there's gotta be a reason that everyone hates McNabb, can someone tell me why? Oh noes, I talked about bad about the NAACP, I must be committing white on black crime.

This is a fine example of why I can't talk to stuck up white bitches,

because they sterotype all minortys.

That, and they like men who can spell.

If Largent counts then it should be noted that Don Hutson practically invented the modern wide receiver position.

Ok, there's gotta be a reason that everyone hates McNabb, can someone tell me why? Oh noes, I talked about bad about the NAACP, I must be committing white on black crime.

It's those Chunky Soup commercials...I can't stand them either.

And one more thing, thank God Owens is likely going to Denver or Kansas City, because the Eagles don't play them again until 2009, when Owens is likely retired or on another team. ESPN would be likely to hype McNabb vs. Owens on the level of Shaq vs. Kobe times 3 million.

Guest Vitamin X

So they can become the new sleeper pick to win the NFC West and promptly post another 6-10 season?

So they can become the new sleeper pick to win the NFC West and promptly post another 6-10 season?

Salisbury-Sean.jpg

This team is going to suprise a lot of people. They're winning this division hands down!!

So what your saying is Edgerrin James wont help the team at all, and they will lose the same amount of games?

The reason why Arizona were dissapointments this year, was because THEY HAD no running game. They tried to make JJ Arrington the next big thing, but he flopped. They were ranked 8th in total offense, and they were the #1 passing team and last place in rushing.

So how can you basically say that getting a franchise runningback like Edgerrin James wont help the team at all?

Getting a better QB then McCown or Warner would help the team out also. If Vikings are really interest in shipping off Culpepper, then look for Dennis Green to do anything to reunite with Daunte.

If Largent counts then it should be noted that Don Hutson practically invented the modern wide receiver position.

No love for Tim Dwight?

The white decent WRs in the league now, at least in my opinion, are:

Drew Bennett

Wayne Chrebet (retired now)

Kevin Curtis

Tim Dwight

Brian Finneran (well he'd be more meaningful with a different QB under center)

Matt Jones

Joe Jurevicius

Dane Looker

Ricky Proehl (retiring apparently)

Brandon Stokley

Kevin Walter (maybe he will be good)

Every team should be forced to draft a white CB, every year

Every poster should be forced to ignore you.

It pretty much looks like Vince Young is going to be a Titan. I think Steve McNair is going to be a perfect mentor for Young considering they both were very similar in College, but Young was a better runner.

Guest Princess Leena
Every poster should be forced to ignore you.

You must start the trend.

Guest Vitamin X

So how can you basically say that getting a franchise runningback like Edgerrin James wont help the team at all?

Getting a better QB then McCown or Warner would help the team out also. If Vikings are really interest in shipping off Culpepper, then look for Dennis Green to do anything to reunite with Daunte.

A couple reasons. One, the threat of Wayne/Stokley/Harrison, plus having Peyton Manning at quarterback, made teams respect that offense. Kurt Warner/Anquan Boldin/Larry Fitzgerald isn't quite as scary, and it wouldn't be any different with McCown at QB, I'd wager (maybe a little bit better, though). The lack of success in Arizona of having a successful running game might also have to do with the offensive line. James might put up drastically different numbers going from arguably the league's best offensive line to one of the worst. Another, is considering James' age. He's about to officially hit his prime entering this upcoming season, so this is the right time for him to become a free agent.. and I think this year proved he's pretty much fully come back from that nasty knee injury a couple seasons ago. He has been riddled by injuries in his career before though, and there has to be a reason why the Colts are reluctant to re-sign him and it can't just be because of the salary cap. However, that wasn't even the point of my post, which was actually really only half-serious in the first place..

So what your saying is Edgerrin James wont help the team at all, and they will lose the same amount of games?

The reason why Arizona were dissapointments this year, was because THEY HAD no running game. They tried to make JJ Arrington the next big thing, but he flopped. They were ranked 8th in total offense, and they were the #1 passing team and last place in rushing.

Thank you for making my point. If they were ranked 8th in total offense this past year, it's obvious that their DEFENSE needs a whole lot of work. While notching a decent ranking in terms of defense, there has to be a reason why they gave up 24.2 points per game as well- 26th worst in the NFL. I count points a hell of a lot more than I do yards when it comes to defense (hell if you make it about yards the Cardinals have the NFL's 8th ranked defense- right behind 4-12 Green Bay's 7th ranked!). And again, that offensive line. Cardinal quarterbacks Kurt Warner, Josh McCown, and John Navarre were sacked a combined 45 times- 3rd worst in the NFL behind poor David Carr (who seems to set a new record every year for being the most-sacked quarterback in a season) and Drew Bledsore. Edge might just break another leg in his first couple games.

Then again, the Cardinals will officially have their new stadium along with new uniforms in place, so that's usually good luck for teams.