TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

2006 NFL Off-Season

don't forget Marv Levy! He's actually a possability too sadly enough. Oh, and I got this from Rotoworld

NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira said he'd guess that Champ Bailey's interception return Saturday was a touchback, but the video replay couldn't prove it.

"If I had to guess, it's in the end zone for a touchback," Pereira told WFAN in New York.

It was 10-6 at the time of that play.

I think that Sean Payton is a good hire for the Saints, I think he can help turn that offense into somthing, with Leinart or Young at the QB postion.

Tony Dungy wont retire, he will comeback and win a superbowl with the colts.

If that's the same Sean Payton that was the Giants offensive co-ordinator that sucked so much that Fassel usurped his position then I'd have to respectfully disagree. I'll even go so far as to say that he won't last the length of his contract even if it's only a 3 yr deal because that's how much faith I have in his ability, or lack thereof as the case may be.

I think that Sean Payton is a good hire for the Saints, I think he can help turn that offense into somthing, with Leinart or Young at the QB postion.

Tony Dungy wont retire, he will comeback and win a superbowl with the colts.

If that's the same Sean Payton that was the Giants offensive co-ordinator that sucked so much that Fassel usurped his position then I'd have to respectfully disagree. I'll even go so far as to say that he won't last the length of his contract even if it's only a 3 yr deal because that's how much faith I have in his ability, or lack thereof as the case may be.

He did a good job with the Cowboys this year, turning them into an explosive offense. Even when Julius Jones got injured, he helped rookie Marion Barber rip shit, with good play calling.

don't forget Marv Levy! He's actually a possability too sadly enough. Oh, and I got this from Rotoworld

NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira said he'd guess that Champ Bailey's interception return Saturday was a touchback, but the video replay couldn't prove it.

"If I had to guess, it's in the end zone for a touchback," Pereira told WFAN in New York.

It was 10-6 at the time of that play.

Was he trying to draw a geometric line when he came to that 'conclusion'?

Would he like to 'guess' that Polamalu didnt intercept that pass last weekend as well?

supply Kiper's mock please, since its Insider.

They ran through it on Sportscenter, I caught the Eagles taking Santonio Holmes, the Vikings taking LenDale White, the Lions taking Jay Cutler, and the Pats taking Bobby Carpenter oOSU.

Guest Vitamin X
The Vikings hired Major Dad, and it looks like the Jets hired The King Of Queens with a little more hair.

Why is Buffalo only considering rehashes like Dick Jauron, Mike Sherman and Jim Haslett?

To be honest, Sherman would be the best hire out of those three, and as I'd stated before, I think I would've let Sherm have at least one more year in Green Bay before firing him, as long as they replaced the offensive and special teams coordinator. He had one of the better records over the course of his tenure in Green Bay until this year as well. Jauron would be an awful hire, and I'm not too sure about Haslett.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Dick Jauron is the worst head coach ever. I was calling for his balls in a jar during his time in Chicago. If you love three yard passes that go nowhere, hire Dick effing Jauron.

Dean Pees is the new Patriots defensive coordinator.

Who?

Ah nevermind, I remember him now. Should do a decent job depending on the unit that returns on defense.

Kiper's mock is still BS: Eagles are not taking a WR in the first round, they'll go FA if anything.

I really hope the Eagles go after Eric Moulds(Whom I doubt will be a Buffalo Bill anymore), as he would do more for us, then drafting a rookie WR. We already have a young WR with potential in Reggie Brown, we don't need another one.

supply Kiper's mock please, since its Insider.

1. Houston -- *Reggie Bush, RB, USC

2. New Orleans -- Matt Leinart, QB, USC

3. Tennessee -- *Vince Young, QB, Texas

4. New York Jets -- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

5. Green Bay -- *Mario Williams, DE, NC State

6. Oakland -- A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State

7. San Francisco -- DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama

8. Buffalo -- *Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon

9. Detroit -- Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

10. Arizona -- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

11. St. Louis -- *Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland

12. Cleveland -- Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa

13. Baltimore -- Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State

14. Philadelphia -- *Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State

15. Atlanta -- Michael Huff, DB, Texas

16. Miami -- *Winston Justice, OT, USC

17. Minnesota -- *LenDale White, RB, USC

18. Dallas -- Jimmy Williams, DB, Virginia Tech

19. San Diego -- *Ko Simpson, DB, South Carolina

20. Kansas City -- *Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State

21. New England -- Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State

22. Denver (from Wash.) -- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

23. Tampa Bay -- Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State

24. Cincinnati -- Claude Wroten, DT, LSU

25. New York Giants -- *Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State

26. Chicago -- *Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia

27. Carolina -- *Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame

28. Pittsburgh -- *Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State

29. Jacksonville -- Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP

30. Indianapolis -- *Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota

31. Denver -- *Darnell Bing, DB, USC

32. Seattle -- *Chad Jackson, WR, Florida

I don't see a chance in hell of Holmes going to the Eagles. If the top 13 shakes out like Kiper thinks (and assuming they don't trade), I would be surprised if they passed on Winston Justice. As I have previously said, if Reid is able to get a guy he think can be a stud OT for the next decade I do not see him passing it up.

Jay Cutler's good, but I don't see him going THAT early unless he blows the doors off of everyone at the Senior Bowl game.

I'll take AJ Hawk over Mario Williams. Hawk is a guy who is gonna be a damn good LB. The moment Williams gets down on himself, he stops playing at a high level. When he's not down, he's a freak. I want Hawk because of his instincts, and ability to wrap up. Better than any other linebacker the Pack have.

Do the asterisks denote anything in Kiper's mock, pinjockey?

What's Kiper's mindset with having the Texans pick up Bush with the first overall? I just don't see Bush doing much better that Davis in Houston.

Does anyone think Brian Calhoun (Wisconsin) will be a first round pick? I dont...and he probably would have been next year had he stuck around for what probably would have been a Heisman-calibre senior year.

Under classmen

The Packers would be totally fucking stupid to pick anybody but Haloti Ngata. They don't need a speedy pass rusher as they have the black guy with the really long name I'm not even going to attempt to spell. They also had the best pass defense in the league but got run all over all the time. They need somebody to plug the middle badly.

That whole mock is horrible for the most part.

Jay Cutler's good, but I don't see him going THAT early unless he blows the doors off of everyone at the Senior Bowl game.

While I think he is a little overrated at 9, I can buy him there. Once you pass him, then you are into the Jacobs/Croyle/Basanez tier of QBs. Detroit could use a QB and I can't see him getting back to them in the second round (Miami, Baltimore, Dallas, Minnesota (if Childress moves Culpepper)) could all be possibilities. Of course, if I am Detroit and I want a QB, I try to move up to get Leinart/Young.

Calhoun should have waited until White made his decision. As soon as White turned pro, he was at best going to project as the 4th best RB. Can't see how that is worth leaving early for. He should pray that either Carolina, Pitt or Jax rates him as the 4th best RB and hope he can slip in with one of them.

I've got a hot rumor based off this..

OWINGS MILLS -- Ray Lewis' silence is deafening, and he no longer wants to be the face of the Baltimore Ravens.

My diagnosis of the former All-Pro middle linebacker? He's suffering from a torn hamstring, an intense desire for an influx of cash and a bruised ego since his request for a restructured deal keeps getting denied by Ozzie Newsome. Plus, his once intimidating game is declining.

Lewis sought a second opinion in Florida, quickly had surgery, then attended a bowl game in Orlando on crutches for a softball ESPN interview. In Westminster last week for an autograph show, he charged fans at least $65 per item and refused to make himself available to the Carroll County Times or veteran sports anchor Scott Garceau.

So many rumors are swirling around Lewis. Is he recovering well? Is he happy that Steve Bisciotti retained Brian Billick? Does he want to finish his career with a Florida team like the Miami Dolphins ? All legitimate questions, and Lewis could decrease fans' anxiety and media scrutiny by answering them. If he doesn't, the rumor mill will not rest.

Lewis is slated to make $5.5 million again next season and $6.5 million in 2007 and 2008. Could free agent Bart Scott be a nice alternative at a much cheaper price? Stay tuned.

Ray Lewis for Ricky Williams

Ravens dont resign Jamal Lewis.

and my brand new Ravens Ray Lewis jersey is rendered garbage.

What's Kiper's mindset with having the Texans pick up Bush with the first overall? I just don't see Bush doing much better that Davis in Houston.

Because it's a done deal. Bush is going to Houston unless he looks like complete crap in the combine, which he won't.

Plus he'd probably be fired if he denied the Texans need Bush craze.

Rams hire Scott Linehan as their new head coach. Linehan has built a good reputation as an offensive coordinator from his time with the Vikings, but it remains to be seen whether he has a real solution for St. Louis' primary issue, which is defense.

Guest Princess Leena

Ugh, the Bills are probably gonna get Dick Jauron. Yuck.

Have to wait for the token black interview with Lofton to finish up first.

Ugh, the Bills are probably gonna get Dick Jauron. Yuck.

Have to wait for the token black interview with Lofton to finish up first.

Is that interview being conducted in an elevator?

Guest Princess Leena

Might be. That Rooney rule is really awful. I understand the purpose of it... but, if you're a young coach like Lofton, who knows that you have zero chance of getting the job, and are only there because you're black... you'd have to be disheartened and not give your full effort.

I'm waiting for some team to interview a woman, as that would also fit in the minority rule.

On the Rooney rule: why doesn't it apply to the Chiefs? Does it not apply because they basically traded for Edwards, or does it not apply because they hired a black guy? Why would they not have to interview a white coach?

Guest Princess Leena

I don't remember if the Lions had to give draft picks when they got Mariucci.

Anyway, that is a good point.

Guest Vitamin X

The Lions didn't trade for Mariucci, he was fired from San Fran. IIRC, the Rooney rule came as a result of Mooch's hiring in Detroit...