TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

2006 NFL Off-Season

That's a fine example of why I can't talk to black people.

Many are so paranoid like McNabb here that they have no common sense.

And then on the flipside if you did compare him to Vick, Daunte... then people bitch about that. Whatever.

just stfu

McNabb played himself..he was better off keeping quiet and let Owens run his mouth all he wants. Donovan was looking like the bigger man...he was stupid for bringing up the race card...the race card is a serious thing to deal with..not in trivial shit like this situation

As stupid as the McNabb comment was, nothing will be as laughable as when that NAACP guy said McNabb was a disgrace for not running more. Yep, running with a hernia injury is just a blast.

Guest Dolfan483

Not worth mentioning? he had 600 yards reciving and is one of the best return man in the NFL...what more do you need?

2006 NFL Hall of Fame Inductees

Reggie White

Troy Aikman

Warren Moon

Harry Carson (good he can stop whining)

John Madden

Rayfield Wright

Honestly, I wouldnt even had included Kevin Walter if he didnt have a good playoff game vs the Steelers this year. It's hard for people to know who Wes Welker is when he plays for Miami, a team where the only receiver people bother to remember is Chris Chambers (or TE Randy McMichael, barely). If Welker continued the way he played this year, or even build on it, by being better the next few years, then I'll mention him.

Guest Smues

Yay for Warren Moon and John Madden getting in. Yay for Irvin missing out again.

Boo for Art Monk still not making it in.

Thurman Thomas should have made it over Warren Moon.

Moon put up the numbers, but he played alot of years in the run and shoot offense. So i think his numbers are inflated enough that he shouldn't be a first ballot guy.

Moon getting in on the first ballot is definently a surprise as quarterbacks with as little postseason success as Moon had typically aren't locks to get in. Quarterbacks as we all know are unfairly rated too much on their success in postseason and Moon never played on a team that got past the divisional playoffs, not that was necessarily all his fault.

Guest Vitamin X

Nick Barnett chokeslams a DJ

Barnett allegedly attacks emcee

Todd Korth - Scout.com

February 4, 2006 at 9:16am ET

Nightclub DJ plans to file complaint against Packers middle linebacker

The emcee of a Milwaukee nightclub plans to file a complaint with police against Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett . Barnett was kicked out of the nightclub after allegedly attacking the venue's emcee and was part of a fight that erupted outside of the club early Tuesday morning.

Milwaukee police were called to Rain nightclub at 12:50 a.m. Tuesday for a report of 30 people fighting outside the club. Details on the incident and if anyone was ticketed were not available from Milwaukee police as of Friday, according to reports.

According to reports, the emcee of the club, George May (also known as DJ Geotech) said he was working Monday night when Barnett, 24, entered the disc jockey booth and asked to talk over the microphone. May, 26, said he told Barnett that he wasn't allowed to let patrons use the microphone, but would make announcements about Barnett being in the club.

"He took the mike out of my hand," May said. "He tried talking on the mike, but he couldn't figure out how to turn it on."

As May attempted to get the mike back, Barnett grabbed him and began to choke him.

"At that point, I was afraid for my life. I was really scared," May said.

Rain bouncer David Snyder confirmed that he witnessed Barnett attack May.

"Nick Barnett grabbed (May) without hesitation, around the throat with one hand, lifted him off the ground and shoved him back," Snyder said.

Snyder said he stepped in between Barnett and May and asked Barnett to leave the DJ booth. An argument ensued among people in Barnett's group and the group was moved outside the nightclub.

Snyder said that Barnett has visited the nightclub before and has been well-behaved.

Barnett recently finished his third season with the Packers. He had a team-record 194 tackles in 2005. Barnett resides in the Green Bay suburb of Ledgeview and owns FiveSix nightclub in Green Bay.

RAWR!

I am interested to see if the voters took Moon's CFL career into account. You throw in those yards and he threw for 70,000 yards in his career. If he was borderline with a few other candidates that may have helped put him over the top.

That said, I would have put Thomas in over him. When you have the five year run he had (89-93) plus a few other quality seasons (three more 1000 yard seasons), that is HOF worthy. It isn't like Terrell Davis who had a few years and that was it, Thomas had a legitimate, 10 year RB career.

I am interested to see if the voters took Moon's CFL career into account. You throw in those yards and he threw for 70,000 yards in his career. If he was borderline with a few other candidates that may have helped put him over the top.

That said, I would have put Thomas in over him. When you have the five year run he had (89-93) plus a few other quality seasons (three more 1000 yard seasons), that is HOF worthy. It isn't like Terrell Davis who had a few years and that was it, Thomas had a legitimate, 10 year RB career.

Are the voters supposed to take the stats of other leagues into account? I do agree Thurman Thomas should of made it over Moon. I gave my reasons in another post.

I heard John Clayton who is a voter mention if the old rules where in place. Up to six players on the writers ballot, plus one veterans choice than Thurman Thomas likely would of gotten in. He excepts the the rule will change next year.

Next year Bruce Mathews is eligible. I guess he's a first ballot guy, though I don't understand OL voting? Thurman Thomas, Michael Irvin(save anymore off the field problems) and someone else have a good shot of getting in.

From Dr. Z the top names eligible next year are..

Terrell Davis

Jamal Anderson

Randall Cunningham

Eric Allen

Carnell Lake

Bruce Matthews

Ricky Watters

Tony Boselli

Are the voters supposed to take the stats of other leagues into account? I do agree Thurman Thomas should of made it over Moon. I gave my reasons in another post.

I heard John Clayton who is a voter mention if the old rules where in place. Up to six players on the writers ballot, plus one veterans choice than Thurman Thomas likely would of gotten in. He excepts the the rule will change next year.

Next year Bruce Mathews is eligible. I guess he's a first ballot guy, though I don't understand OL voting? Thurman Thomas, Michael Irvin(save anymore off the field problems) and someone else have a good shot of getting in.

Well, technically it is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame.

Fuck the voters like Peter King and Dr Z. for voting and lobbying against Monk. When Darrell Green goes in, in a couple of years, maybe he will say something. I know Gibbs voiced his displeasure last year, and hopefulyl will again this year.

Terrell Davis

Jamal Anderson

Randall Cunningham

Eric Allen

Carnell Lake

Bruce Matthews

Ricky Watters

Tony Boselli

NO

NO

NO

Someday