TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nathan

Hero updates online journal

Guest Nathan
Open contracts and the like...

What a difference a few weeks make. Who would ever think that Jim Cornette, someone of such alleged esteem, would even mention CZW by name, let alone send them an entire package? Well, he did, so you can be assured when Chris Hero is involved in something, the unthinkable can, and will happen.

What was in the package? Well, it wasn't ticking, so that was a good sign. The first thing I pulled out was an open contract for a ROH heavyweight title shot on January 14th. Said contract was already signed by, one, Bryan Danielson. Before I say whether or not I signed this open contract, let me point out how IDIOTIC of an idea it was for Bryan to allow Mr. Cornette to send this contract to CZW.

Bryan's signature is at the bottom of the document, right next to a blank slot, titled "Challenger." Hmm, I could have just went though the entire Combat Zone locker room and had anyone sign it. That's how ridiculous this is. How about Bryan Danielson versus the Necro Butcher? How about American Dragon versus Super Dragon? Imagine how many ROH fanboys would rip their hair out if Bryan accidentally got himself into a title defense against the father of CZW, John Zandig? Hell, I could have had Frank Talent sign the damn contract if I was that vindictive. I think Danielson's ego is getting in the way of rational thought. Yes, Chris Hero cast the first stone, but now, in desperation, Bryan Danielson is throwing every rock he can get his hands on without stopping and thinking to aim.

Sure, I could have let Eddie Kingston sign the contract and go on that night to wrestle for the ROH heavyweight title, but two things prevented me from doing so.

1.) I hate Eddie Kingston. Almost as much as I hate Ring of Honor.

2.) Chris Hero is the only wrestler in the Combat Zone that I am 100% sure can and will defeat Bryan Danielson on January 14th in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

So, yes, I signed the contract. Somewhere pigs are flying, little internet kids are e-mailing and text messaging their friends and we will all see the debate shift from "Why hasn't Chris Hero wrestled for ROH?" to "Will Chris Hero even come back to ROH to defend his title?" I wonder how many of those threads will have to be deleted. Moving on...

The other article in the package was a video where American Dragon badmouthed CZW and Chris Hero. The video ended with a nice little touch, a montage of Danielson slapping around a variety of opponents: Christopher Daniels, Roderick Strong, Naomichi Marufuji. Well, last time I checked,I was a 6 foot, 5 inch, 230 pound professional wrestling machine. I've been everywhere, I've done everything and there's nothing that I can not do. I've beaten you before, Bryan, and this time will be no different.

You're willing to come to CZW and fight me on January 14th? When you step foot in our building I will make sure you leave a lot worse off than when you came in. Don't let your ego cause you an injury earlier in the day, it would be a shame. No sarcasm, I mean that. When I take your title, I want you at 100% so there will be no excuses. Bryan, your title is mine for the taking and you're too big of an egomaniac to even see it coming.

How poetic it'll be when the wrestler that was never good enough for Ring of Honor walks away from the Pennsylvania National Guard Armory in Philadelphia,the new and undisputed Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Champion.

I haven't always been the best, but now that I am the best, I plan on staying that way. See you on the 14th Danielson. It'll be nice meeting you too, Gabe.

-CH

I'm intrigued. I haven't, however, seen Hero wrestle in a couple of years. How is he now as opposed to 2002? Better? Worse?

I'm intrigued. I haven't, however, seen Hero wrestle in a couple of years. How is he now as opposed to 2002? Better? Worse?

Chris Hero is probably the best indie wrestler there is right now. Easily the best in CZW, and yes, better than AmDrag, in my opinion.

Hero is vastly overrated in my eyes. He's never inspired more than a yawn from me over the years. I'd rather see someone else challenge American Dragon for the title.

Eh. You either like Hero or you hate him.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the guy. He's improved physically to massive extents in the past few years and he's one of the best heels on the entire indy circuit. The past couple of years, his feuds with Quack in CHIKARA, Arik Cannon in the IWA and Eddie Kingston in...well, pretty much everywhere, have all been superb. Chris Hero, the anti-ROH heel, would be great if it turns into a regular deal.

How about Bryan Danielson versus the Necro Butcher?

I would pay so much money to see that, you wouldn't believe it.

I've never once seen anything from Chris Hero that made me even want to continue watching him. Fuck just watching his and Mike Quackenbrush from the 04 TPI made him my least favorite wrestler in the indies.

Yeah, I hear that from a lot of people. It was supposed to be an 'exhibition' match though, because Quack and Hero had their students around the ring and were supposedly best buddies.

He's lost a lot of the opening chain sequences since turning heel though and his matches get to a point much quicker. Hopefully for the Dragon match, they'll keep the European stuff a little shorter than the other Hero/Dragon matches I've seen, all with Hero as the face, and get to the strikes like everyone'll be dieing to see.

Guest Happy Go Nowhere

I'll be honest, I can't stand AmDrag and really like Hero.

I mean, I like Dragon a bit more since his world title run, but watching him laugh and mess around as people put holds on him that worked every other time really seems to kill the mood of matches for me.