TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlefreak

The end of WWE divas?

I watch wrestling for wrestling. I also enjoy the angles to set up matches(when executed well!) However, I hate the women's and diva matches as I feel they are a waste of time and destroy the credability of wrestling.

What do you think?

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I watch wrestling for wrestling. I also enjoy the angles to set up matches(when executed well!) However, I hate the women's and diva matches as I feel they are a waste of time and destroy the credability of wrestling.

What do you think?

You're OLD SKOOL or something.

What do you think?

I think you're a bad prank name.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

What do you think?

I think you're a bad prank name.

I'm waiting for the next extremely generic smark topic he starts.

Smart money's on "I don't think Stephanie being married to HHH is a good idea!....Do You?!?"

I'm not sexist. Everyone knows the divas are there to please the WWE's core young male fanbase(just for reference, I'm 19 and male). The divas are meant to attract me, but they don't.

The gimmick is being rushed. It's better to be subtle than so over the top.

Having said that, you do realize that 'divas' have been a part of wrestling for decades now, without hurting the "credability" of wrestling, don't you?

Just off the top of my head: Elizabeth, Precious, Sunshine, Missy Hyatt, Baby Doll, Dirty White Girl, Fallen Angel, Miss Linda.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Having said that, you do realize that 'divas' have been a part of wrestling for decades now, without hurting the "credability" of wrestling, don't you?

Just off the top of my head: Elizabeth,

My mother, who knows almost nothing of wrestling and especially hates present day wrestling, was actually sad to hear that Elizabeth had died. She was one of the few characters that she actually liked back when we all watched together in the 80s and early 90s. (Well, me and my father. My mom would come in occasionally)

These woman do have a purpose.

Just off the top of my head: Elizabeth, Precious, Sunshine, Missy Hyatt, Baby Doll, Dirty White Girl, Fallen Angel, Miss Linda.

I agree that in the past most of the women in wrestling have been classy, respectable women. But these days the bookers put the women in degrading matches(fufill your fantasy, bra n panty etc) I think it would be good if the WWE changed the perception of the divas by giving them more traditiional valet roles like Miss Elizabeth had.

I agree that in the past most of the women in wrestling have been classy, respectable women. But these days the bookers put the women in degrading matches(fufill your fantasy, bra n panty etc) I think it would be good if the WWE changed the perception of the divas by giving them more traditiional valet roles like Miss Elizabeth had.

Again, divas being involved in classless segments isn't new:

(Randomly found via a google search, didn't bother C&P'ing the link I got it from:)

May 4, 1986

The Missing Link and King Parsons defeated One Man Gang and Skandor Akbar.

Great Kabuki (with Michael Hayes) defeated Mark Youngblood.

Great Kabuki (with Michael Hayes) defeated Jerry Allen.

Steve Simpson defeated Great Kabuki (with Michael Hayes).

Chris Adams and Brickhouse Brown defeated John Tatum and The Grappler (with Missy Hyatt).

WCWA Texas Champion Brian Adias defeated Steve Regal.

WCWA Heavyweight Champion Rick Rude (with Percy Pringle III) defeated Bruiser Brody by disqualification.

Bruiser Brody defeated Terry Gordy in a barbed wire match.

Sunshine defeated Missy Hyatt (with John Tatum) in a mud match.

Steve Simpson, Kerry Von Erich and Lance Von Erich defeated the Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts) for the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship in a lumberjack elimination match.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Wrestlefreak and another newbie (whose name escapes me) have just been horrible posters so far.

Again, divas being involved in classless segments isn't new:

(Randomly found via a google search, didn't bother C&P'ing the link I got it from:)

May 4, 1986

The Missing Link and King Parsons defeated One Man Gang and Skandor Akbar.

Great Kabuki (with Michael Hayes) defeated Mark Youngblood.

Great Kabuki (with Michael Hayes) defeated Jerry Allen.

Steve Simpson defeated Great Kabuki (with Michael Hayes).

Chris Adams and Brickhouse Brown defeated John Tatum and The Grappler (with Missy Hyatt).

WCWA Texas Champion Brian Adias defeated Steve Regal.

WCWA Heavyweight Champion Rick Rude (with Percy Pringle III) defeated Bruiser Brody by disqualification.

Bruiser Brody defeated Terry Gordy in a barbed wire match.

Sunshine defeated Missy Hyatt (with John Tatum) in a mud match.

Steve Simpson, Kerry Von Erich and Lance Von Erich defeated the Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts) for the WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship in a lumberjack elimination match.

Good point. But I never said that the woman weren't in bad matches in the past, I Just hate the fact it has become more common.

Guest Desperate Housewife
I'm not sexist. Everyone knows the divas are there to please the WWE's core young male fanbase(just for reference, I'm 19 and male). The divas are meant to attract me, but they don't.

So you're a gay sexist?

So you're a gay sexist?

Just because I'd rather watch wrestling instead of divas stripping, that makes me gay?

Where's the logic in that?

What do you think?

Prime example of a comment which does not warrant a thread.

Since Raw has started to be quite decent recently, I've been in a much better frame of mind about the show. Previously I would have been shouting at my TV (Yeah, at 2am, when it comes on here in England) at the divas for their dodgy matches. But now i enjoy them for what they are, excuses for us to see girls put other girls in head scissors. Of course, I could go and search some pics of Mickie James showing everything but i wouldn't because I think she's quite rough. Ok Ok I've searched the pics but I haven't seen them.

... I glanced at them...

... That's it...

... Damn I was way off topic towards the end. I hardly ever post and this crap is what people will remember me by.

My point being, occasionally they do a decent or fun match just like the men, if you don't like them when they're on, make a cup of tea or something. And dude it could be worse, we could be seeing Vince vs Flair in a bra and panties match. Unless that's your kinda thing, in that case good luck to you.

Hi billdynamite. I've finally found someone on these boards that's from the UK like me.

Anyway, your right. ANYTHING is better than Mcmahon/Flair in bra n panties!

Gotta add Miss Brenda Britton and Dark Journey to that list.

Women in wrestling have always been designed to be beautiful. Even the more prominent actual wrestlers like Madusa, Wendi Richter, Magnificent Mimi, Misty Blue Simmes, and Desiree Peterson to name a few...were there for the eye candy predominantly. Vince knows this...that's why the divas are more over the top as far as sexuality is concerned.

That's why I usually go get a snack about the time the diva matches come on...get my fill of eye candy for a second and then go for a beer.

That's the point bruiser, why should we have to go do something else. Every match on the show should be worth watching.

Guest Chemical Mongoose

The WWE Divas may not seem all that much but remember that they do keep fans entertained. The Divas are a core part of the wrestling industry, or has been for some time. I don't think it is logical to say that they destroy the credibility of wrestling. In fact, and don't take this to offence, it is fans that make these 'dumb' comments that destroy the credibility. The Divas belong in WWE like anything else you see there, most likely.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

If the WWE showed nothing but their entertaining segemts each show would last 15 mins.

Gotta add Miss Brenda Britton and Dark Journey to that list.

Women in wrestling have always been designed to be beautiful. Even the more prominent actual wrestlers like Madusa, Wendi Richter, Magnificent Mimi, Misty Blue Simmes, and Desiree Peterson to name a few...were there for the eye candy predominantly. Vince knows this...that's why the divas are more over the top as far as sexuality is concerned.

Desiree Peterson? Yech. Then again, I've only seen her in one MSG match in 1987 or 88, but she was BUTT ugly. And if I say someone is ugly . . . well I can't think of a witty way to end that but whatever.

I see your point though.

EDIT --- And this is from someone who thought Leilani Kai in her Glamour Girl gimmick was kinda hot. The picture below is much more flattering than how I remember her in her match w/ Sensational Sherri.

So you're a gay sexist?

Just because I'd rather watch wrestling instead of divas stripping, that makes me gay?

Where's the logic in that?

Well 90% of each show could be considered a waste of time, a mixture of bad wrestling, bad acting, and bad writing. So just singling out the women on it means you certainly have some issues when it comes to the females. (If you're not a prank that is)