TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

New TMNT CGI movie poster

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Considering the way the franchise has been handled recently, I guess it's safe to assume the new movie will be based far more strongly on the original comic books than previous efforts. Based on what little can be seen of Leonardo himself, the Turtles seem based visually on their initial appearances - small bodies, big hands/forearms, "sharper" facial features... The focus on that sharp, shining blade doesn't exactly make me foresee the guys playing football with cans of ooze or fighting off ninjas with a set of cymbals, either. I was sort of hoping they'd go all out and put all four Turtles in the red headbands, but I wasn't really expecting it. Looks good, though. Very good.

tmntcgiposter.jpg

Is anyone else excited / interested in this? I was a bit TMNT mark back in the day, so I'm actually interested in seeing this film, especially if it captures the darker themes of the comic.

Guest Psycho_Freak
As a fan, I know I should be excited. But as a jaded, bitter and cynical movie-goer, I merely groan at the sight of this.

Hollywood has nothing else better to do then cash of sucess of turtles. :firing:

well considering the newer show has been running strong for a few years now, toy and game sales have gone well and overall TMNT popularity in general from fans both old and new, why wouldn't they make another movie?

well considering the newer show has been running strong for a few years now, toy and game sales have gone well and overall TMNT popularity in general from fans both old and new, why wouldn't they make another movie?

I'm rarely excited at the sight of CGI-anything, let alone CGI-movies.

Hopefully it'll be good. I'm glad to see that the new TMNT cartoon took off like people wanted Extreme Ghostbusters to but it didn't (due to, you know, a lack of quality writing and pretty lame art, not to mention AWFUL timeslots...AND THE FACT THAT IT WAS ON UPN PRIMARILY).

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I'm watching all 3 Vol's of turle toons and coing to cap it off with the movie trilogy

The 1st cartoon had alot more storyline continuity show to show than I remember

I probably haven't seen it since it was at the theater, but I actually remember the first Ninja Turtles movie being good.

And the chick who played April in the first one was WAY better than whoever played her in the sequels.

I probably haven't seen it since it was at the theater, but I actually remember the first Ninja Turtles movie being good.

And the chick who played April in the first one was WAY better than whoever played her in the sequels.

Judith Hoag, who also happened to be in Armageddon, and has had many one-off roles in some of the various prime-time dramas (CSI, Without A Trace, etc).

you wanna know what REALLY killed TMNT 2: Secret Of The Ooze? no, not Vanilla Ice

Que?

Uh oh, looks like someone's not familiar with the Ninja Rap. Go ninja, go ninja, go ninja, go, go, go, go, go.

The night before New Year's Eve featured a 20-minute conversation between myself and three people regarding why the new TMNT cartoon was better than the old one, and why the first movie was the best. It all came back down to the "Ninja Rap" as to why TMNT is better than TMNT2.