TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

I wish the Kings would trade with the Lakers, but they wouldn't because they don't want us to be able to accomplish at what they failed to do.

I'm not defending Ron's stupid shitheaded dumbfuck move, but the reason he doesn't want to go to Sactown is because that place is fucking boring.

Guest Vitamin X

Sacto has a hell of a house party scene, though.

Well, I don't think that'd matter for an NBA star, but hey, I had some fun times in Cowtown.

Why isn't there something in the CBA about refusing to show up. You would think after the shit Alonzo Mourning and Jim Jackson pulled last year that there would be some heavy repercussions for failing to report. I don't understand how a player can hold an entire team hostage like this.

How about a 3-way between the Lakers, Pacers, and Kings?

Besides Odom, there isn't anyone on the Lakers that's worth a shit. Petrie and Bird aren't dumb fucks to take the Lakers crap just to get rid of Peja or Artest.

I thought we all knew that he wasn't coming out West unless it was to L.A.. He said he wasn't, but he was in L.A. during some Laker games. By this point, I'd trade Odom in a heartbeat.

Indiana got lucky with that one.

Just send him to NY for like Q or something, and get it over with.

Yeah I'm sure that they would wait this long to trade for Q Richardson. Give me a break.

I'm sorry my joke got you so angry.

Just send him to NY for like Q or something, and get it over with.

Yeah I'm sure that they would wait this long to trade for Q Richardson. Give me a break.

I'm sorry my joke got you so angry.

Hey no harm done. I thought you might have actually been serious for a moment.

Artest will report, but the fact that he doesn't want to play for the Kings, messed up the deal. The Kings don't want anyone on their roster who wants to be traded as soon as he gets there.

Just make a three way trade, Peja to Indy, Odom to Sacramento, Artest and Kenny Thomas to L.A.

Oh my GOD! What do we have to do to get rid of this pussy? :angry:

Well, the Kings probrably have to deal Peja now with this deal gone south. With as combustible as Artest is, this may have saved the Kings in the long run if they can still deal Peja, just not for Artest.

Kenny Thomas had to be added for salary purposes. I mean you could send Skinner or Corliss Williamson instead I guess.

Yeah but then you are giving up two players for Lamar Odom (who isn't even on Peja's level by himself).

Eh, Odom > Peja.

Thing is, Sac and the Lakers don't want to deal because teams don't like to deal in the same division. Not saying it's not possible. Saying it's not likely.

The only way that a three-team deal works for Odom is with Skinner; Stojakovic + Thomas would require LA to add another player, as it would be almost $2M in salary difference. And Indiana would have to throw in another player, too.

Ron screws the Pacers again... for the 7845769th time.

As a Pistons fan, as much as I delighted in Psycho RonRon pulling Indy out of serious contention, I'm actually starting to feel genuine pity for them, Ron is just screwing them so hard. Talk about torpedoing what little trade value you had. Now he has even less value than he did two days ago!

can't say I'm surprised though that RonRon's meltdowns continue. I knew from the day I saw that one "glassy eyed" shot of him staring into the unknown from the brawl that he wasn't gonna shape up when he came back, he ALWAYS gets the same glass eyed look when he enters his "fucked up logic" world. He doesn't lose his temper, he just has a horrible logic system, to him everything he's doing was rational.

Eh, Odom > Peja.

How do you figure? Peja is just two years removed from a run at MVP. Odom, to my knowledge, has never even been an All-Star. I know that Peja is down right now, and is a horrible defender, but I think he'd be worth a little more than Odom. Frankly, I think he's worth a lot more than Artest as well (who I still believe is talented, but massively overrated).

Odom right now is a better scorer (more versatile), better rebounder, passer, defender, shot blocker, gets more steals, post up player, better at running a team, I could go on and on. The only thing Peja is better at is shooting, and this year he's been struggling at that.

Eh, Odom > Peja.

How do you figure? Peja is just two years removed from a run at MVP...

That was a crock then, and it's even more of a crock now; Vlade Divac made Peja Stojakovic everything he ever was, and unless he plans to come out of retirement, Stojakovic will never be anywhere near as good as he looked during that one-year mirage.

I think Peja could rediscover himself if the trade had gone through. He would be excellent in a two man game with O'Neal and if and when Tinsley gets back healthy, they'd pick and roll people to death.

Peja right now on the Kings just isn't working. He's worn out his welcome and knows the fans want him out. He would be a better player in a different environment.

Odom has all world talent when he asserts himself in games. Thing is, if he hasn't been doing that by now, chances are he won't change very much. It's not like all of a sudden he's going to become this more aggressive player overnight. I still like Odom's game better than Peja's at this stage.

According to ESPN, it was Artest's *agent* who told them that Artest didn't want to play there...Artest denies having said such a thing, and Greg Anthony and SAS both said this morning that they think a trade with the Kings could still happen.

Jim Rome is reporting on his radio show that ESPN is now saying Artest has agreed to the trade, but now it's up to Petrie and the Maloofs to be convinced he wants to go there.

I think since the season is almost a waste for Artest, that he should accept the trade and play the rest of this season in Sac as a trial run and show he still has game and keep his value high. Then in the offseason if he still isn't feeling it in Sac, approach the Maloofs about getting out and then Petrie can deal him away.

According to ESPN, the Artest for Stojakovic trade is back on, pending league approval.

Geez, what a bunch of useless drama. Thing is, I'm going to the Kings game next tuesday vs. the Nuggets, which would potentially be Artest's first Kings home game. I can only hope.

Also, taking into account that Kobe is a jump shooter and Wilt was not, and that Wilt was playing against guys that were small and skinny, I think that it was just as good of a performance. I won't say better because I nor anyone else here has seen the Wilt 100 game, but I think it was just as good.

If it were Jordan, it's called a will to win, .Since it's Kobe, it's being called selfish.

That's the truth. Jordan scored 69 and no one complained, David Robinson scored 71 and I *believe* no one complained, so that just proves your point.

I remember a lot of people thought The Admiral's 71 was bullshit since he knew exactly how many points he needed to steal the scoring title from Shaq that year and the Spurs were going to allow him every opportunity to get it.

And it was. People in Orlando were mightily pissed that the Spurs pulled that crap.

Kobe right now is like MJ when he was in his first five years in the league. Until he learns how to make the players around him better, the Lakers are going nowhere. That being said, until the Lakers get some better players, through either the draft or free agency, this is what is going to keep happening. Do I think he's a selfish player? Absolutely. But I do see that he is in a situation where he has to be even more selfish than he already is out of necessity.

And I see the Lamar/Peja argument. Odom is about as inconsistent as it comes, and it doesn't help that he is playing alongside Kobe right now. If he applied himself all the time, he could be mentioned in the same argument as Scottie Pippen, a player that could do it almost everything. My main problem with Peja is that he never played any defense. Having a pure three-point stroke doesn;t do much if the opposing team can go right back down the court and score on you.

Artest for Peja is a big gamble for the Kings moreso than the Pacers. Peja always needed a decent big man to maximize his effectiveness, and Jermaine O'Neal fits the bill. Artest in Sacto is just funny to me, and I think that most of us know that this is not going to end well for the Kings. He can score, rebound and defend, and I don;t think I even need to go into his downside. I would be shocked if things actually worked out.

And on a note about my Team B, its good to see Orlando string together a few wins. I really believe that Dwight Howard is the future of that franchise... and speaking of franchises, Stevie needs to be traded.

EDIT: by the way, considering there was no 3 second lane violation rule back in Wilt's era, he could camp out in the lane and take his sweet time getting in position to score. Kobe's feat in the modern day is more impressive to me.