TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Haha this Artest thing is too funny to me. Now, not only is Indiana still stuck with the drama of Ron Artest, but Sacramento now basically has to trade Peja, since I doubt he'll ever be happy to play for the Kings again.

Not sure if you got the memo or just don't like reading posts before yours, but the deal went through. Artest is a King and Peja is a Pacer.

Haha, indeed. :asshole2:

Pistons matched the famous 84 Tigers start of 35-5. It's also the halfway point to 70. Man this is such a special team and starting 5 to be a fan of. It's going to be a really sad day (for me) when this starting 5 breaks up.

Useless stat of the day... Rip Hamilton is shooting 21.8ppg, .512 FG%, .509 3FG%, .872 FT% . The only 20+ ppg player who has a 50% FG

Pistons matched the famous 84 Tigers start of 35-5. It's also the halfway point to 70. Man this is such a special team and starting 5 to be a fan of. It's going to be a really sad day (for me) when this starting 5 breaks up.

Useless stat of the day... Rip Hamilton is shooting 21.8ppg, .512 FG%, .509 3FG%, .872 FT% . The only 20+ ppg player who has a 50% FG

Useless stats are often better when they're true my friend.

Elton Brand 24.4 PPG .519 FG%

Chris Bosh 22.4 PPG .502 FG%

Kevin Garnett 22.2 PPG .531 FG%

Shawn Marion 21.7 PPG .515 FG%

Tim Duncan 20.0 PPG .500 FG%

Guest Vitamin X

Note that the 5 guys naiwf pointed out are all big guys who get their shots in the paint, whereas Rip plays the 1 and 2...

metroman, I think what you heard was Hamilton is the only 20+ppg guard who shoots above 50% from the field.

I'd have to say Rip is the most consistent mid range jump shooter in the league. Kobe is a lot more explosive with his mid range jumper and as we saw sunday, when it's on, it's on. But there are days where you see it's off almost the whole game and Kobe starts taking it into the paint and trying to get to the line. Rip is just a little more consistent being that he always shoots from mid range and hits at a high clip.

On top of his mid-range game, he has also worked on his 3-pt shooting, which used to be weak. This year thru 40 games he is shooting .491 from the 3 point line(31% career 3 point shooter before this year). Unrelated to the FG percentage but still nice, he's also at 87% from the free throw line. Just a quiet, pure shooter.

He's also Reggie Miller reincarnated because on the offensive end, he never stops moving. Although Rip is a bit small on the lbs, he wears the other 2 guard down just because they have to keep chasing his energizer bunny ass.

I'm a Nets fan, I don't like the Raptors. I went to a game earlier this year and there were about 7 people there.

I was just asked to do a timeline on Babcock's tenure, should be fun.

Kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Pacers All-Star forward Jermaine O’Neal is expected to miss at least eight weeks after an MRI revealed a significant tear in his left groin today.

His absence could impact the Pacers’ playoff chances. The Pacers are in seventh place in the Eastern Conference standings. Eight teams make the playoffs.

If he returns in late March, as expected, the Pacers could have as few as 11 games to make a final playoff push.

O’Neal suffered the injury early in the fourth quarter of Tuesday’s game against Cleveland. He was not immediately available for comment.

Wow, at least we got a trade deal done. Its a pity we've got no frontcourt depth to cover the hole left by Jermaine.

Damn. I took the risk of trading Hinrich for Jermaine O'Neal, hoping the injury wouldn't be too bad (in a fantasy league).

Anyway, there's a rumored Antonio Davis and Trevor Ariza for a returning Darius Miles and Ruben Patterson deal.

I can forget about catching Teke in the NMB league. I'm not too sure that I buy into any rumors considering the Knicks nowadays, but Portland does need to trade those 2 guys. Makes sense.

On Babcock getting fired: ITS ABOUT TIME.

I don't have any idea what his direction was. He did get a few good rookies this season, but outside of that, he did nothing. Trading away Carter for crap in return, drafting Araujo, not re-signed Donyell Marshall and saying that the Raptors would do worse this year than last are amoung his many mistakes as GM. I hope the Raps get a good GM to replace him. I wouldn't even mind if they got the old one back (Glenn Grunwald). Although he handed out some pretty gross contracts, he was still pretty good at spotting talent to fit in Toronto, like drafting Damon Stoudemire, Camby, McGrady, Carter, Peterson, Bosh, etc.

With the firing of Babcock though, I wonder how long Sam Mitchell has left now...

Gee, big shock that Jermaine O'Neal gets injured AGAIN. This'll be what, the 3rd straight season? Along with Toothpick Tinsley getting injured, and Artest being stupid. This'll be the third year where those same problems plague the Pacers.

What great fan support in Miami. Only a seven-point deficit for the Heat with about two minutes left, and yet the arena is near empty.

Big trade just reported by TNT

Boston gets

Wally Szczerbiak

Michael Olowokandi

Dwayne Jones

conditional 1st round pick

Minnesota gets

Ricky Davis

Mark Blount

Marcus Banks

Justin Reed

two 2nd round picks

LOVE this deal.

Szcerb is a decent SF and we get a 1st rounder AND get out from under that disgusting Blount contract AAAAANNNNNND Kandiman is a FA after this season meaning Celtics actually can be big players in the FA market!

This can only be great for them in the long run. Pierce will have Jefferson and Perkins along with Szcerb and whatever good PG FA there is this offseason. Anyone know which top PG's are availible after this season is over?

I love Danny Ainge!