TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon Starr

Who here wrestles?

Guest Simon Starr

Just out of my own curiousity, I was wondering who here wrestles in the Indies. BYWs do NOT count, so don't bother. Just wondering the basics, so fill yours in;

NAME: Simon Starr

COMPANY/COMPANIES: ETWA

YEARS IN: 5

TITLES HELD: ETWA Tag Team w/ the late Sinbad

FINISHER: Black Hole Slam

I was training but had to stop due to my medical expiring. I really need to get that taken care of.

I do referee on occasion for a promotion called Fortitude Championship Wrestling in Ohio.

Unfortunately, they run like twice a year so it hardly counts.

Anybody know a good indy in Northeast Ohio that can use another ref?

I trained for awhile, but I'm kind of a wreck physically...my knees suck...so I've stopped for now. I was working for a promotion though as a manager.

Guest Evolution

I am currently the Commissioner of Scott County Wrestling in Iowa, after putting in 2+ years as a referee. We run shows just about every three weeks, too, so I've got plenty of shows under my belt, and have been offered to referee at IWA No Limits as well.

I am currently the Commissioner of Scott County Wrestling in Iowa, after putting in 2+ years as a referee. We run shows just about every three weeks, too, so I've got plenty of shows under my belt, and have been offered to referee at IWA No Limits as well.

Holy shit, dude! You probably know some of my friends then. I have known the guys from New Midwest Wrestling in Springfield, Illinois from going to many shows over the years and training with them briefly (I hope to return once I move back).

I know that at least a few of NMW's wrestlers have worked for your promotion, such as "The Marvel" Shane Matthews, Hardcore KC, and "Mr. Elite" Jake Manning. Also, I believe that one half of their current Tag Team Champs, Tank Roberts, used to or still does work for SCW.

Who knows? Maybe one day you and I will get to work together, heh.

Oh, and Johnny T.- Your Grenier pic link is no longer working.

Guest JohnnySwift

I've been wrestling pretty consistantly for the last couple of years, mostly in Western NY, but I've gotten out to PA and CT as well.

NAME: Johnny Swift

COMPANY/COMPANIES: Next Era Wrestling (www.nexterawrestling.com)

ACTIVE YEARS IN: 3

TITLES HELD: N.E.W. North Eastern Championship

FINISHER: Diamond Cutter, Texas Cloverleaf or Cattle Mutilation

Guest The Showcase

I've been wrestling for about 3 years, 2 of them in Alaska. I wrestled for Sin City Pro Wrestling here in Vegas, as well as UCW-Zero in Salt Lake City (both affilates of AWA).

My only real highlights so far are being trained by "Cowboy" Scott Casey, sharing a locker room with Sabu in SLC, being the AWA Alaska Champion and losing the title in THE main event of a 2 day shot in Nome, AK in an 30min Iron Man match.

Although, myself along with cuple of my comrades received a call from Rocky Romero (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion) and we're all heading to the New Japan dojo in Santa Monica at the end of March so that should all change, hopefully.

Yay me.

I want to become a wrestler more than anything in the world. I just don't know when or where to get started.

Where do you live, cause you never know how close you are to an actual wrestling school?

I want to become a wrestler more than anything in the world. I just don't know when or where to get started.

Keep an eye on Nate Stein's indy reports over @ 411. He usually lists all the major indies throughout the continent.

Guest Evolution

Holy shit, dude! You probably know some of my friends then. I have known the guys from New Midwest Wrestling in Springfield, Illinois from going to many shows over the years and training with them briefly (I hope to return once I move back).

I know that at least a few of NMW's wrestlers have worked for your promotion, such as "The Marvel" Shane Matthews, Hardcore KC, and "Mr. Elite" Jake Manning. Also, I believe that one half of their current Tag Team Champs, Tank Roberts, used to or still does work for SCW.

KC & Matthews were involved in a feud with tag team champions Buff-E-Nuff, now KC is a member of the (Original) Masterpiece Conspiracy, Mr. Elite and Tank Roberts are both former heavyweight champions and Tank Roberts is currently teaming with the Mississippi Madman as the Two-Man Army; they will be receiving a title shot at a TBD date.

I too would like to get involved in some way. My right knee is completely FUBAR due to a vehicle accident, but my left one is in good shape. I've always wanted to be someone's mouthpiece or a referee. The only indy feds that I know of around this way are Christian Feds. There are probably 2 or 3 of them. My only problem with them is their train-for-pray policy. If you're going to train, you are forced to attend bible study, twice a week.

I too would like to get involved in some way. My right knee is completely FUBAR due to a vehicle accident, but my left one is in good shape. I've always wanted to be someone's mouthpiece or a referee. The only indy feds that I know of around this way are Christian Feds. There are probably 2 or 3 of them. My only problem with them is their train-for-pray policy. If you're going to train, you are forced to attend bible study, twice a week.

Do they also charge you for the training?

Guest Amy Ace
I do referee on occasion for a promotion called Fortitude Championship Wrestling in Ohio.

Unfortunately, they run like twice a year so it hardly counts.

Anybody know a good indy in Northeast Ohio that can use another ref?

Not in OH, but pretty close by, IWC out of Pittsburgh, they run throughout western PA. You should contact them- www.iwcwrestling.com They're a very good promotion, they also get alot of the top indy stars on their shows too.

Last I checked, it was $50 for each month of $600 a year for the biggest fed around here.

Where do you live, cause you never know how close you are to an actual wrestling school?

I live in Ecorse, Michigan which is right next to Detroit. I'm only a junior in high school though so I"d have to wait a year or two before I could go get trained.

Guest jcmar3x

Founder and promoter of Northeast Championship Wrestling (http://www.thencwonline.net), based out of the New England area. We started off as a backyard league in 1997, but soon evolved into a legitimate promotion and instituted a "No Train, No Work" policy for everyone. Currently we're running shows out of a local VFW Post in Dedham, MA but plan on expanding back out into Connecticut and Western Mass soon.

I also used to do alot of managing as JC Marxxx, working for alot of small time feds up and down the NE area.

Guest Eric the Eagle

Trained since late 2000, and took part in founding the Norwegian Wrestling Federation in late 2001 (first and only wrestling promotion ever in Norway).

Name: Garm Støylen

Years in: 4 since my debut match

Feds: NWF (Norwegian Wrestling Federation).

Titles held: None, two shots at the Norwegian Championship.

Finisher: None as such; the Axe Kick, Rolling snap suplexes and CIMA Driver ("Ragnarokk") have all done it.

Career highlights for me are: working the first ever Norwegian wrestling show (not the first show in Norway, but the first by a Norwegian federation, with Norwegian wrestlers), wrestling the champion in front of 800 people (our largest crowd yet), doing it again recently while we had to turn people away at the gate for the first time, one of my matches being voted Match of the Year 2003 (undeserving, in my book, but a huge compliment) by the fans, and working shows alongside Zebra Kid, James Mason, Bernard Vandamme (EUROSTARS main man) and Robbie Brookside.

KC & Matthews were involved in a feud with tag team champions Buff-E-Nuff, now KC is a member of the (Original) Masterpiece Conspiracy, Mr. Elite and Tank Roberts are both former heavyweight champions and Tank Roberts is currently teaming with the Mississippi Madman as the Two-Man Army; they will be receiving a title shot at a TBD date.

I forgot about Madman. You should love these pictures:

415672930_l.jpg

415671982_l.jpg

Guest adamsummers

I live in MI, near Detroit area, and I've always wanted to break into wrestling. for 4 years, me and my best friend ran a very small backyard fed... fun stuff. last april he and i went to Dan "The Beast" Severn's wrestling school here in MI. he has his indy promotion P.O.G and actually the main trainer, recruiter guy really wanted us to join. prices for trainning were pretty steap at the time, and with my job it wasn't possible. i've always considered going back and just going for it... alot of their guys, including Monty Brown and the manager of Team Canada in TNA trained their... so alot of their guys get scouted by TNA. that would be cool.

theres also a Christian league based out of TX... that I am somewhat interested in. the major problem... i am only 5'5", and 135lbs... so i'm not some big guy but i got strength, plus with training i could get bigger... but 5'5" is short. so thats my story.

Last I checked, it was $50 for each month of $600 a year for the biggest fed around here.

I'm going to hell for say this but I'd fake bible study for that price. Normally schools charge around 1,500 and up depending on where you go. That price is extremely good even if you have to go to bible study, even through I'm not reglious I would take that up.