TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
starvenger

The Amazing Race 9

BTW, this episode of the Amazing Race has been brought to you by the phrase "Dang it".

I love the fact that Lake will say "fuck" but not "damn it". Oh, and he's kind of a douche.

Now the Frat Boys are going to hit on Monica and Michelle.

Is it bad to wonder how bad their asses would get kicked for hitting on Yolanda? By Yolanda, of course. She could snap their necks with her legs.

The Hippies are so much better than everyone, it's not even funny.

Not so. The Frat Boys are equally as awesome, both racing-wise and in general. The latter in different ways, of course.

This was the first episode of TAR I've watched in full, and I'm hooked now.

Lake is officially pissing me off. He's Colin-lite, the lite being that he doesn't have Colin's aura of awesome.

Still, this could be anyone's race. Phil definitely seems happy that he isn't standing next to a Pit Stop mat in Palookaville, Georgia this time.

First ep I've seen this season, and that was great.

"Rise my friend", that's some good shit right there Phil.

Lake is a douche and unentertaining. Colin and that crazy guy who almost hit his wife were so much better.

The Hippies are great. Anyone who is obviously not a bowling mom yet wears a bowling mom shirt is cool.

Monica has tremendous hoo hoo dillies.

Glad someone else noticed the creepy overusage of dang. I don't know anyone who actually says dang.

Not according to my Comcast on screen guide. Or TV Guide. Is that maybe just in Canada?

Nope

"The Amazing Race," which has been struggling a little in the last hour of primetime, is switching nights, bumping two underperforming comedies in the process.

Starting next week, "The Amazing Race" will air at 8 p.m. ET Wednesdays, a switch from its previous spot at 10 p.m. Tuesdays. The ninth edition of the Emmy-winning series has been averaging fewer than 10 million viewers since its Feb. 28 premiere, its lowest figures since the third "Race" in summer 2003.

The switch puts it into a fairly wide-open timeslot where no show has been dominant in recent weeks. NBC has had success there with "Deal or No Deal" the past couple of weeks, and FOX's "Bones" has performed solidly as well, but neither one dominates the hour on the level that "American Idol" or "CSI" does.

It also puts the family-friendly show in a timeslot where more kids are likely to be watching with their parents.

The move of "The Amazing Race" bumps the comedies "Out of Practice" and "Courting Alex" off the schedule; CBS offers only a vague "at a later date" as to when they might be back. Both shows have dropped precipitously since moving from their cozy Monday-night homes earlier in the season.

"Out of Practice," which drew 12.2 million viewers per week in the fall, when it was sandwiched between "Two and a Half Men" and "CSI: Miami," has averaged only 6.6 million since its Wednesday debut last week. "Courting Alex," which occupied the same Monday slot in January and February, has brought in 6.3 million viewers a week in its new home -- half what it was averaging previously.

Ok, so far this is the greatest eps ever. Already.

"The Frat cats"

"The Hips"

The frat cats talking about the pixie dust coming off the hips

"What's up dog"

Barry was in 'nam. Fuck yeah Barry.

HIPPIES!~ SABOTAGING!! TEAM ORDER! PIZZA PIE!!

"back to smiles, back to smiles"

Big Philly Styles.

Phil not being amused at all by "sword". Or being very amused. I just can't tell with him.

Hippies dancing to the music, miming the pied piper.

"Oh man, why didn't I do this? Dang it"

Yes, Phil was dancing. You think the editors would let him do that and NOT have it in the show?

Right now it's The Frats, The Hippies and everyone else. Aside from Ray and Yolanda (and they are in the back of the pack), those two teams seem to be the ones that work together the best and have their heads on straight.