TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2006 DVDs

I like the idea of a "greatest manager" DVD, but what kind of matches are gonna be on it?!

The DVD will likely be loaded with classic promos, skits and beatings from each manager.

Why have matches it should be a 3 hour feature about how great Bobby Heenan, Jim Cornette, Jimmy Hart, Percy Pringle, Paul Heyman are.

Don't forget The Grand Wizard, Freddie Blassie, Lou Albano, and Mr. Fuji!

If there is a God, Slick will be feature too... AND HIS MUSIC VIDEO!

Don't care for WWF before Hogan....and I am serious this time.

Anyone have any clue what was the WWE's worst selling non PPV dvd?

Actually, I read that Eddie's DVD sold poorly when originally released. When RVD's DVD came out it completely outsold it within a few days. Of course now Eddie's DVD has been selling again but I'm not sure about the numbers. I'm not saying it's the lowest-selling non-PPV set, but the low numbers really surprised me.

I like the idea of a "greatest manager" DVD, but what kind of matches are gonna be on it?!

The DVD will likely be loaded with classic promos, skits and beatings from each manager.

Why have matches it should be a 3 hour feature about how great Bobby Heenan, Jim Cornette, Jimmy Hart, Percy Pringle, Paul Heyman are.

Huh? Blassie was Hogan's manager, Albano was at his peak during the original Hulkamania craze, Fuji came around during Hogan's run as did Slick.

Only Wizard proceded Hogan's tenure.

Figure this should go here and not it's own thread since it's not confirmed by anyone:

"Thanks to Candice for sending along the following information. We'd like to stress that this is unconfirmed information at this point, so keep that in mind.

Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology DVD set will be coming out on 4/4/06. It's apparently going to be a four-disc set in a specially packaged box with the first 500 copies containing a hand-signed print. Dates below are listed in European style (Day/Month/Year).

DISC 1:

NWA Southeastern Championship Wrestling, 5/5/79: Terry "The Hulk" Boulder vs. Andre the Giant (arm wrestling match)

WWE, 13/11/79: Hulk Hogan vs. Harry Valdez (WWE debut, Championship Wrestling)

WWE, 17/12/79: "The Incredible" Hulk Hogan vs. Ted DiBiase (Madison Square Garden debut)

WWE, 9/8/80: "The Incredible" Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (Showdown At Shea)

AWA, 18/4/82: Nick Bockwinkel vs. Hulk Hogan (AWA World Championship)

AWA, 24/4/83: Nick Bockwinkel vs. Hulk Hogan (AWA World Championship, Super Sunday)

NJPW, 2/6/83: Hulk Hogan vs. Antonio Inoki (IWGP Championship tournament finals)

DISC 2:

WWE, 23/1/84: Iron Sheik vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship)

WWE, 31/3/85: Hulk Hogan & Mr. T vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper & "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff (WrestleMania)

WWE, 7/4/86: Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy (steel cage match, WrestleMania 2)

WWE, 3/1/87: Hulk Hogan vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff (steel cage match, Saturday Night's Main Event)

WWE, 29/3/87: Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (WrestleMania III)

WWE, 29/8/88: The Mega-Powers vs. The Mega-Bucks (SummerSlam)

WWE, 2/4/89: "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship, WrestleMania V)

WWE, 1/4/90: Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior (WrestleMania VI)

DISC 3:

WWE, 27/8/90: Hulk Hogan vs. Earthquake (SummerSlam)

WWE, 24/3/91: Sgt. Slaughter vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship, WrestleMania VII)

WWE, 3/12/91: Undertaker vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship, Tuesday In Texas)

WCW, 17/7/94: Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan (WCW Championship, Bash At the Beach)

WCW, 23/10/94: Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair (WCW Championship - steel cage retirement match, Halloween Havoc)

WCW, 15/9/96: Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, & nWo Sting vs. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, & Sting ("War Games:The Match Beyond", Fall Brawl)

WCW, 29/12/97: Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting (WCW Championship - Starrcade)

DISC 4:

WWE, 11/3/02: Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, & Kevin Nash vs. The Rock & Stone Cold Steve Austin (RAW)

WWE, 17/3/02: Hollywood Hogan vs. The Rock (WrestleMania X8)

WWE, 21/4/02: Triple H vs. Hulk Hogan (WWE Championship, Backlash)

WWE, 4/7/02: Billy & Chuck vs. Hulk Hogan & Edge (World Tag Team Championship, SmackDown!)

WWE, 30/3/03: Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. McMahon (streetfight, WrestleMania XIX)

WWE, 21/8/05: Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels (SummerSlam) "

If that is the final matchlist then I'll pass. I already have the "Hulk Still Rules" set and the new Mania DVDs which feature the majority of the matches listed here, not to mention the SSlam 2005 DVD. Only the first disc and part of the third disc sound intriguing.

Terrible list as most of those matches are already on DVD and seems more like just of a rehash Hogan's previous DVD set! Well, lets just hope a bunch of interviews or something will be extras, including Hogan's heel turn at BATB 96 including that classic speech.

Stuff I would have liked to have seen on here:

SNME

Hulk Hogan Vs. The Boss Man in the Steel Cage

Hulk Hogan Vs. The Honky Tonk Man

Hulk Hogan & The Ultimate Warrior Vs. Mr. Perfect & The Genius

Hulk Hogan & Psycho Sid Vs. Ric Flair & The Undertaker.

PPV Matches

Team Hogan Vs. Team Dibiase - SSeries 1989

Hulk Hogan & The Ultimate Warrior Vs. Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa, and General Adnan - The Match Made In Hell, SummerSlam 1991

Hulk Hogan Vs. Yokozuna - KOTR 1993, its significant because it was Hogan's final WWF match before he came back.

Just For Kicks

Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake Vs. The Beverly Brothers - Grudges, Gripes, & Grunts

Hulk Hogan & Roddy Piper Vs. Ric Flair & Sid Justice - Battle of the WWF Superstars 1992

Basically, more TV or taped for video matches would been nice.

WCW

Hulk Hogan & Bret Hart Vs. Randy Savage & Roddy Piper - GAB 98

or

Hulk Hogan & Bret Hart Vs. The Warrior & Sting from Monday Nitro.

Starrcade sucked, they should have picked Mayhem 1999 instead or the Monday Nitro world title match a few weeks prior to that. Those were better Sting matches.

I'll be getting the Hogan set, if only on Netflix, if nothing else

Huh? Blassie was Hogan's manager, Albano was at his peak during the original Hulkamania craze, Fuji came around during Hogan's run as did Slick.

Only Wizard proceded Hogan's tenure.

Blassie "Pencil Neck Geek" is acceptable, Capt. Lou during Rock & Rastle is acceptable, Fuji with Yokozuna or Barbarian & Warlord is acceptable, Slick the jive talking brotha is ok, The Grand Wizard....no comment.

Is the Inoki match the one in which Hogan brings in the WORKRATE~! ?

And someone talked about the least-selling DVDs, I'm sure obscure ones like the 2004 diva search, Christmas in Irak, Best of confidential and DVDs from 2000 like Best of Raw Vol. 1&2 must be in the list.

Another match I saw that surprised me with Hogan was against Savage at Maple Leaf Garden. They showed it on 24/7 in December I think. Hogan actually finishes the match surprisingly with a small package after Savage missed the elbow if I recall correctly. They should put stuff like that on the DVD. I'm sure those matches have hardly been seen and Hogan actually looks motivated in those days to put on solid matches. Hogan vs. Hart from nitro is a gem because that's the only time they ever wrestled to my knowledge. I liked some of Deon's match selections too. Some of those need to be on DVD quality like Hogan and Sid vs. Taker and Flair.

I'll probably just get the Bloodsport DVDs and the Pillman one (if and only if it has the Canadian Stampede match on it.) Everything else doesn't interest me in the slightest.

The Pillman DVD looks promising.

The managers DVD also sounds good, even though the extras may not be good.

P.S. It's not just the Cena DVD that will suck, the divas DVD will also be crap(as they always are, IMO).

Anyone know any of these release dates?

Here are some updated WWE DVD release dates:

* The History of the WWE Championship - 9/05

* Brian Pillman: Loose Canon - 9/26

* Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology - 10/17

* Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story - 11/07

* The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA - 11/21

Also, the One Night Stand II DVD is being released in the UK with a bonus disc with the Barely Legal PPV. It might be the same in the States when the DVD comes out in July.

Apparently, the Managers DVD isn't that good. I've read that there's also a lot of kayfabe in the DVD, with stuff like "Managers are always good because they can scout the opponent before the match, so you have an early advantage".

But it's only stuff I've read, I didn't see it for myself.

The History of the WWE Championship - 9/05

Starts with HHH and ends with Cena?

I don't remember the exact match listing but a while back there was a feature on WWE.com where you could actually vote on which matches would appear on this 3-disc (IIRC) set. There wasn't a whole lot of those rare, hard to find matches, but it was a decent selection. And it went as far back as Sammartino and Backlund, so it could be an interesting set.

I don't remember the exact match listing but a while back there was a feature on WWE.com where you could actually vote on which matches would appear on this 3-disc (IIRC) set. There wasn't a whole lot of those rare, hard to find matches, but it was a decent selection. And it went as far back as Sammartino and Backlund, so it could be an interesting set.

"Rare" MSG matches and WWWF footage would be nice but I have a feeling it will be full of Hogan and HHH matches.

WWE needs to start formatting their DVDs to 16:9 and get rid of this 4:3 nonsense.

It would also be a plus if they started broadcasting their PPVs in HD, which I am sure they will within the next year.

From Meltzer

Matches on the history of the WWE championship DVD out this summer

Pedro Morales vs. Ivan Koloff 2/8/71 MSG

Bruno Sammartino vs. Killer Kowalski 4/29/74 MSG

Bruno Sammartino vs. Superstar Graham 4/30/77 MSG

Superstar Graham vs. Bob Backlund 2/20/78 MSG

Bob Backlund vs. Greg Valentine 1/16/82 Philadelphia

Iron Sheik vs. Hulk Hogan 1/23/84 MSG

Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy 4/5/86 Mania Los Angeles

Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Orndorff 1/3/87 SNME

Hogan vs. Andre 3/29/87 Mania III

Hogan vs. Andre 2/5/88 Live Main Event

Hogan vs. Randy Savage 4/2/89 Mania

Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior 4/1/90 Mania

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart cage match 8/29/94 SummerSlam

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels 3/31/96 Mania

Michaels vs. Mankind 9/22/96

Michaels vs. Steve Austin 3/29/98 Mania

HHH vs. Cactus Jack 1/23/00

Rock vs. HHH vs. Kurt Angle 8/27/00 SummerSlam

Rock vs. Austin 4/1/01 Mania

Austin vs. Jericho 12/9/01 undisputed title tournament final

Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Angle 7/21/02

Rock vs. Brock Lesnar 8/25/02

Angle vs. Chris Benoit 1/19/03

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian 6/2/05

From Meltzer

Matches on the history of the WWE championship DVD out this summer

Pedro Morales vs. Ivan Koloff 2/8/71 MSG

Bruno Sammartino vs. Killer Kowalski 4/29/74 MSG

Bruno Sammartino vs. Superstar Graham 4/30/77 MSG

Superstar Graham vs. Bob Backlund 2/20/78 MSG

Bob Backlund vs. Greg Valentine 1/16/82 Philadelphia

Iron Sheik vs. Hulk Hogan 1/23/84 MSG

Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy 4/5/86 Mania Los Angeles

Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Orndorff 1/3/87 SNME

Hogan vs. Andre 3/29/87 Mania III

Hogan vs. Andre 2/5/88 Live Main Event

Hogan vs. Randy Savage 4/2/89 Mania

Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior 4/1/90 Mania

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart cage match 8/29/94 SummerSlam

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels 3/31/96 Mania

Michaels vs. Mankind 9/22/96

Michaels vs. Steve Austin 3/29/98 Mania

HHH vs. Cactus Jack 1/23/00

Rock vs. HHH vs. Kurt Angle 8/27/00 SummerSlam

Rock vs. Austin 4/1/01 Mania

Austin vs. Jericho 12/9/01 undisputed title tournament final

Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Angle 7/21/02

Rock vs. Brock Lesnar 8/25/02

Angle vs. Chris Benoit 1/19/03

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian 6/2/05

Except for a couple of matches, pretty much everything is available on other DVDs but the selections are interesting. If they have some sort of match introductions or brief feud recaps before the matches then all the better. I remeber there was very little HHH to choose from when you voted, so it's not surprising that he's only got two matches.

Its gonna suck if The Ultimate Hogan Collection and The History of the WWE Championship double dip on the Hogan matches. I would of put Savage vs Dibiase match from WM4 instead of the Savage vs Hogan match on the History video and saved the Savage/Hogan match for the Ultimate Collection.

Guest Legend & Icon

I will be getting the Hogan DVD I know it will be good and Hogan may even come back to help promote it. I am really looking forward to it. I hope he talks in more detail about his down fall in WCW with Vince Russo.

Guest Askewniverse

Match listing for the McMahon DVD, from Meltzer:

Disc 1:

Vince vs. Austin (Raw, 4/13/98)

Vince vs. Austin (Steel Cage Match, St. Valentine Day's Massacre)

Vince & Shane vs. Austin (King of the Ring '99)

Disc 2:

Vince vs. HHH (Armageddon '99)

Vince vs. Shane (WM XVII)

Vince vs. Flair (Royal Rumble 2002)

Vince vs. Hogan (WM XIX)

Vince vs. Steph (No Mercy 2003)

Vince vs. Taker (Survivor Series 2003)

WWE needs to start formatting their DVDs to 16:9 and get rid of this 4:3 nonsense.

No, they don't.

I'm all for 16:9, but I'm against modifying the OAR. Just about everything from WWE was originally aired in 4:3, so they would have to modify the OAR in order to present material in 16:9.