TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2006 DVDs

Blimey! That's quite the list there. I'm really looking forward to the Brian Pillman and Roddy Piper ones. I'm even looking forward to the Hogan set. I can't stand the guy these days but I really enjoyed his last DVD set and this one has the potential to be even better. So, i'll probably pick them all up at some point.

Definitely an awesome list, and I'll be getting a few of them. I'm shocked that they're making a Pillman DVD... we haven't even gotten a Kurt Angle set yet.

Sweet finally a Pillman and Piper dvd. I'll also pick up the AWA dvd and the manager's dvd. The Hogan one has to have a lot of matches for me to pick it up. I don't want to touch the cena dvd and as far as the Austin vs Mcmahon dvd goes, I got sick of watching that feud on tv, I'd get even sicker knowing I own the feud on dvd.

Now all I want is a 4 horseman dvd and a Arn Anderson dvd.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Definitely an awesome list, and I'll be getting a few of them. I'm shocked that they're making a Pillman DVD... we haven't even gotten a Kurt Angle set yet.

They must be saving something for the Angle DVD

Piper?

Pillman?!

MANAGERS?!!

These are so mine!

The world needed another Cena DVD?

Yes, because Word Life sucked since they came out with a Cena DVD too soon, lacking most of his good stuff.

Cena Vs. Benoit - Backlash tournament match, rematch in December was WAY better.

Cena Vs. Lesnar - WWE Championship match at Backlash 2003, decent match, not loved by many on here

Cena Vs. The Undertaker - Vengeance rematch, okay match, not as good as the previous match on the PPV

Cena Vs. Guerrero - US Championship match, okay match, but the Parking Lot Brawl was 10 times better.

Cena Vs. Angle - No Mercy 2003, probably the best match in Cena's career so far without the use of stipulations.

And why is there a Hogan anthology coming out? Didn't they just do a multiple-disc Hogan compilation like 2 years ago?

Its going to be Hulkamanias 1 through 6 on DVD IIRC.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
The world needed another Cena DVD?

Yes, because Word Life sucked since they came out with a Cena DVD too soon, lacking most of his good stuff.

Has Cena ever been in a match so good that someone thought "I need to own that!"? Thats why I think the original DVD filled its purpose. The type of people who want to buy a John Cena DVD aren't exactly doing it for his slew of great matches. They want a character profile and promos.

Cena Vs. Lesnar - WWE Championship match at Backlash 2003

God that match sucked.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Will the Dusty Rhodes set have Wargames?

Blurred out to look like the elimination chamber.

What're the odds of the Canadian Stampede tag match being on the Pillman DVD?

I was thinking that myself and would say it's a good chance. I mean, it is probably one of, if not the most memorable Pillman match in the WWF, and they love to include their own stuff. I think if they put that and the Pillman/Liger Superbrawl II, those two matches alone would sell many copies of this set.

Guest Super Leather
They *need* to get as much footage of Hogan in Japan as possible, specifically his work from the early 80's in New Japan. That shit is fucking great. I wonder if they can use the Supershow Tokyo Dome footage with Hogan vs. Hansen, since it was a joint production?

That'd be awesome if that happened. I like how Hogan puts on his working boots when in Japan. AXE BOMBAH!!!!!!!!

Although if it's true that this is a reissue of the Coliseum Hogan videos, I'm all for it. It's been YEARS since I've seen the first one, and I always really liked the bloody brawls with Big John Studd and "Dr. D" Dave Schultz.

The Roddy Piper DVD is the one that I'm the most stoked about though. That will go real well with his shoot interview that I just ordered.

How bout a Bret Hart vs America DVD? That would kick ass, all of his Anti-America tirades and everything.

Will the Dusty Rhodes set have Wargames?

Blurred out to look like the elimination chamber.

Can I expect yellow pokadots airbrushed into every match?

Guest OSIcon

Really looking forward to the Dusty DVD. That could really be three discs, but I'll take two over nothing. Hopefully Dusty has a lot of say in what goes on there, so we won't get more than one (at most) WWF matches.

The manager one could be pretty cool but not if they try to stuff too many people onto it. Cornette and Heenan *should* be locks. Beyond that, I'd pick one or two more and leave it at that. I'd like to see in depth bios and a lot of promos from a select few "great" managers rather than having to sit through stuff on Slick, Sunny, or anybody like that.

Pillman has potential too as long as it isn't WWE heavy. His best matches were in WCW. The only stuff outside of WCW that should be on there is his debut at the ECW arena and a few angles form WWF. Given the title though, it seems more likely that will get a bunch of his 'lose cannon' stuff (end of WCW, ECW, and WWF), even though his best matches were before then.

Finally I can get Piper/Hart on DVD.

I have the old Hogan DVD, and the main retrospective isn't bad but the extras of course were lacking so I'll pick up a new one. They can now include his HOF introduction and match with Shawn Micheals.

I'd be more excited about a new Ric Flair DVD than the rest.

They should REALLY change the Austin/Mcmahon DVD into just a definitive Austin DVD.

More have been added:

*ECW Blood Sport: The Most Violent Matches (comes out in a few days)

*WWE Divas Do New York

*ECW Blood Sport: The Most Violent Matches -- Volume II

These are, for the most part, awesome releases. Who do you think could wind up in the managers DVD. Sure locks are Heenan, Paul Ellering and Lou Albano, probably Heyman if he's still under contract. What about J.J Dillon and Cornette ?

Or will it be a DVD that has Sunny as the one who brought managing to wrestling, only to be followed by Sable, Jacqueline, Chyna and Debra ?

I'm shocked nobody has mentioned Jimmy Hart for the managers DVD... he's the first person I thought of when I saw it.

Sadly, I don't see Cornette getting the proper credit on this dvd mainly because of the heat between Cornette and WWE.

Albano

Freddie Blassie

Wizard

Heenan

Ellering

Fuji

Cornette

Dillon

Hart

Bearer

Heyman (Dangerously)

Sunny

Debra

I will imagine will get covered here for sure. I'm not sure how far back they will go for this because there's people they can use dating back to the 60's and 70's as well.