TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

iMPACT Rating back to 0.8

Rating for this saturday's iMPACT was 0.8 per the Observer site.

Sting is going to be brought back sooner than later I think. Meltzer also states that Destination X is going to be headlined by Christian vs Monty Brown and Ultimate X with Daniels, AJ, and Joe.

Interesting test here for TNA. It'll be the first PPV since the Spike TV era where Jeff Jarrett isn't in the main event match. Also, can Joe even get across those cables used for Ultimate X?

It's official, Sting=Ratings.

And man, if they let Monty and Christian do some dueling promos then that is going to be some fun times. Their first promo encounter was great and their match was ok I suppose. Course again, Monty is going to lose in a title match.

Not really interested in Joe in an Ultimate X match. He just doesn't belong in a match like that. And if they are doing Ultimate X then they better work on a new way to hold up the X cause the weak paper tape or whatever they were using isn't cutting it.

When they use the belt in Ultimate X, it's usually clasped on with a harness, IIRC.

I could see Jarrett "accidentally" costing Monty the match, sending them into a feud with each other while Christian feuds with Abyss post-DX. Although I don't want to see JJ get involved. Christian should get strong wins right off the bat to establish him as a credible champion.

I believe it was mentioned that Sting vs. Jarrett would be a match at Lockdown. Christian/Monty in a cage (perhaps my earlier mentioned scenario plays out and Monty dares Christian to take him on with no worries of outside forces playing into things), Sting/Jarrett, AMW/3D, and the Daniels/Joe/Styles cage blowoff could make for a tremendous Pay Per View.

Guest Coffey

Samoa Joe in an Ultimate X match is just asking for trouble. Actually, I kind of agree with Leena in that this fuckin' Joe/Styles/Daniels shit needs to end. How many times does Joe have to beat the slop out of them before they move on?

While Joe/AJ/Daniels is starting to wear on me, they can still get some mileage out of putting them in unconventional matches since they've maxed out on what they can do in a regular match with each other. The key here is TNA needs to start grooming who is going to enter into the next tier of the X Division. Is it Jay Lethal? Alex Shelley? Chris Sabin? All 3? Don't know, but they need to choose quick and go without hesitation.

Also ,while it appears Sting is worth about .3-.4 worth of fans, TNA needs to put Sting (as well as the rest of the roster) in position to get these new eyeballs to buy ppv's. TNA gets no money from iMPACT whether they draw .4 rating or 4.0 rating. The key is getting people to buy the ppv's. WWE doesn't get a nickel from Raw's ratings, however they run ppv's that are profitable. TNA needs to figure out how to get the new eyeballs watching to buy into them.

I think those three guys you mentioned (Lethal, Sabin, Shelley) are clear examples of guys they will move up to better X division spots judging by the last ppv's booking, along with maybe Cide and Lo-Ki as well hopefully. They may want to consider Truth as a X division guy as well, as I could easily see him be placed in the world title picture and generally flounder due to the booking of so many in that hunt.

I really dont think the answer with Joe in getting him out of the X division stuff and moving him to world title material is having an X Division guy go over him just to generate some interest in that person and to elevate them. It's obvious Joe is one of the cornerstones of this company right now and you have to be careful in situations like that and as such, since they need to put him in the world title picture, I just dont think you can book him to lose to a guy they are building in the X division. That first loss is so vital and I think should be saved until after Joe wins the title and he finally jobs out the belt, whenever that would be. Even jobbing him out to either Daniels or Styles is pushing it right now, much less guys being booked lower on the totem pole. TNA just has to play into the monster heel role for Joe as strongly as possible. I understand the thought behind it though (an immediate "WOW, he's for real" towards a guy who beats Joe) but since Joe needs to be "upgraded" into world title contention, you just can't rehash a concept that worked fine in ROH for Aries-Joe, for example.

With that said, Joe can easily be protected in the upcoming three way finale(s) with Styles and Daniels with Daniels probably doing the job for at least one of them (Destination X, Joe goes over there) and Daniels should go over in one of them as well (Lockdown, Daniels pins Styles) - that is, if they decide to do two consecutive three way gimmick matches as seems to be the plan right now. All in all that still shows Joe is dominant on these guys, but Styles and Daniels still got a nice rub out of it and even went over themselves once in the three way series of matches. Ultimately the blowoff I feel should be Daniels winning the belt, moving Styles and Joe into other feuds outside of the X division and then moving Daniels into other feuds within the X division - guys like Lethal, Sabin, etc, and Low Ki would be one of those guys that you could do a nice Daniels-Ki feud with, playing into the XXX past.

As good as the matches are, I never want to see any combination of Joe-Styles-Daniels ever again(unless it's to blow off Styles-Daniels). They need to move one, both or all three of those guys to the Main Event and bring in someone like Dragon, Steen, Ki or all of the above to make the X Division interesting again. I'm hoping they elevate Daniels first, since he's more marketable than Joe, cuts better promos and is a better worker, not to mention they've been grooming Monty to be the big main event monster heel anyway.

I could see Joe holding on to the title until the blow off with AJ/Daniels and then going over Sabin in a PPV match, then feuding with Lethal where Lethal could end up winning the title.

Either that, or have him go over Sabin and Lethal, and sort-of turn face and feud with The Genbassy.