TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2006

4 keepers huh. Barring any crazy trades, injuries or wierdness..

Tejada RD 1

Burrell RD 5

Capuano RD 9

McCann RD 18

McCann edges out Helton right now. Hes only 22 and hes a catcher with a .400+ obp and 12 HR. Right now they have nearly identical stats. Helton will be 33 next month and we all know from Prime Guy what happens at 33. Im sure I can find a suitable replacement at 1B and I'll only be losing an 18th round pick.

Johan Santana (Round 1)

Jake Peavy (Round 1)

Pedro Martinez (Round 1)

Hanley Ramirez (Undrafted)

No picks in rounds 1-3 in exchange for three 1st round quality pitchers works for me, now if i can just not surround them with a team full of turds again i should be in good shape next year.

As of now:

David Wright - 1

Jim Thome - 7

Jeremy Bonderman - 9

Justin Verlander - 19

Considered keeping Martinez there given that most decent catchers will be kept, but Thome + 2nd round pick is better IMO than Martinez + 7th round pick.

At this point, I'm looking at Hill, Napoli and Wells for sure, and probably Sizemore. Hill and Napoli both went undrafted, which is great. I don't think Teixeira is worth dropping a first-rounder.

I'm leaning towards:

Kazmir - round 8

Street - round 4

Gonzalez - undrafted

And probably Uggla, who was undrafted, too, depending on how the rest of the season goes.

Rant: When the heck are the Drays going to call up Delmon Young? I drafted him under the assumption that he was a can't miss superstar ready to contribute this year, and I know the whole "impale an ump" incident happened, but that was months ago now, what are they waiting for?! He's been on my roster all season long and now I feel like I almost have to make him a Keeper to justify keeping him on the roster all season.

I've had Carl Pavano on the DL all year too, but that's the DL. Silly thought thinking he might pitch.

Well, Pujols and Soriano are pretty much automatic (the #1 and #2 players on Yahoo this year), even if they do take away a couple of early picks.

After that, it's up in the air. I've got Derek Jeter (the oldest player under consideration, and initially a third-round pick), Bill Hall (youngest player under consideration, has really been breaking through the last couple months), Aaron Harang (taken in the 11th round, one of the top 35 players on Yahoo this year), and Bronson Arroyo (taken in the 16th round, having a real breakout season as he's currently ranked #52.

If I were to say where I'm at now, I'd say Jeter's probably definitely out, and it's between Hall and the two pitchers. Harang's had better stats than Arroyo and he's a shade younger, so I'd say he'd be in at this point, and Hall and Arroyo are really too close to call. With the stars I've had this year, I almost wish this was one of those ridiculous six-keeper leagues, where you can keep all your stars and the bad teams are just screwed.

Ah, I miss the minimum IP by about *this much* (had to be less than an inning) because Kazmir is hurt, and lost 7-5, otherwise I would have won 11-1.

Boy, don't you hate it when they add someone to the DL list on a MONDAY. GRRRRRRRR. Nice to see I have Nomar wasting a spot for a full week. Thanks, Yahoo.

I'm looking at keeping

A-Rod (1), Liriano (9) Schmidt (5) Rollins(4)

Liriano is the #1 rated pitcher at the moment. That is a STEAL in round 9

*does the 3rd place dance*

I Haven't decided exactly who I'm going to keep so far. Right now it will probably be Michael Young and Chris Carpenter for sure.

Then for my next two keepers I'm waiting to see if some of the prospects I just recently picked up are worth keeping, or if I want to just go the route of not having any draft picks in the first four rounds...

Just miss the minimum IP AGAIN, thanks to Kazmir not being put on the DL until Monday, and looks like I'm on my way again, with Ted Lilly missing his start this afternoon and Kip Wells, who I picked up after sticking Kazmir on the DL, might not start this week, either. 2 weeks ago I was in first, now I'm 13 back and in danger of falling out of the top 6.

I made all these blockbuster trades and Ive FALLEN in the standings. :( Ill blame it on having DLed Nomar as a blackhole in my offensive stats and pretty much all my pitchers having a bad week.

15 HRs last week, only 1 this week. And Miguel Olivo, the only player I played last week who didn't hit one, is sitting on my bench and has 2 this week

Only two weeks left, before the playoffs.

My team is playing well. 9-1-1 the past 11 weeks.

Of course I have a great run every year, and end up losing in the first round.

I'm doing everything that I can to ensure a bye. Sure has been nice to be at the top looking down.

Oh, that's cute that you're still hoping for a bye. Good luck with that. Better at least make sure you get a 3 seed, because the Cranky Old Men have pretty much guaranteed themselves a bye, and you would not want to face them in the semis.

Well, looks like I'm toast. My starting pitching was the drizzling shits this week, (Lilly, Byrd, and Miner all got rocked, pitching like 5 innings total, maybe, combined), so I'll probably miss the minimum IP AGAIN. And Kazmir's on the DL again, probably done for the year.

And my offense has gone dry after hitting a ton of homers a few weeks ago. My Astros players are the only ones who can hit it out of the park anymore, it seems.

Well I had a nice 7 week winning streak going to crawl out of the basement of the league. It took me all of that just to climb to the final spot in the consolation bracket.