TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Wrestlers better then Finlay right now

Guest wildpegasus

Don't know if this has been mentioned here or not -- I don't think it has so I'll think I'll give some attention to it.

One of Finlay's best assets is his ability to take punishment. Now it might not be obvious to someone at first glance but if you watch him closely you'll notice that Finlay EATS offence. Look back in his WCW days. Just like how Benoit would totally eat a Booker T elbow in the WCW best of 7 Finlay would devour any punishment he could possibly find. Put Regal in that mix too.

Fast forward to today. From what I've seen against Lashley, Finlay is doing the same thing once again. That's why he rules. He is wrestling. He's one tough son of a gun who is not a pretty boy which is exactly what a real wrestler is supposed to be.

It's a shame the announcers have no clue how to hype up Finlay. It really showed in that tag match last night.

Benoit--current US champ, former World Heavyweight Champ!

JBL--former WWE champ held it for a record setting 10 months!

Lashley, the impressive newcomer who had an undefeated streak until Finlay got involved!

Orton--youngest former World Heavyweight Champ ever!

Finlay--he's, uh, a veteran!

Off and on they'll mention Rey's previous pre-WWE titles, but I don't expect to hear Cole mention that Finlay's held lots of titles in Britain.

Surprisingly, WWE.com mentions his titles in WCW.

It's a shame the announcers have no clue how to hype up Finlay. It really showed in that tag match last night.

Lashley, the impressive newcomer who had an undefeated streak until Finlay got involved!

Off and on they'll mention Rey's previous pre-WWE titles, but I don't expect to hear Cole mention that Finlay's held lots of titles in Britain.

The best I can tell the only announcer who brings up past titles and histories of wrestlers is... Booker T.

The best I can tell the only announcer who brings up past titles and histories of wrestlers is... Booker T.

Josh Mathews does as well...sometimes. He does like to name drop other promotions as well.

I was partial to Pepe, myself...one of the greatest Chavo moments ever was him freaking out when Pepe was fed to the wood chipper...it was like he lost his kid or something, priceless! who did that anyway, Norman Smiley? I can't remember.

Though I remember that happening, its hard for me to imagine Norman Smiley as a heel. The guy is just too damn likable to me to not be a face. I couldn't boo him anymore than I could boo Repo Man back in the day.