TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA All-Star Weekend

on a semi-related note, the Yao Ming documentary, The Year of the Yao, aired right after the rookie broadcast. It was pretty good, though a bit dated (since it was about his first year). It was weird seeing Rudy T, Francis, and Cuttino Mobley all the time as Yao's teammates.

The NBA is a joke, all of this stuff was on TV and I had no clue, they really need to market the All-Star Weekend much better

How the hell can you not know about all-star weekend!?!?

AI2 was great in the Rookie Challenge, I've always been a mark for his work. I only hope that now the Sixers see that he can be a prolific scorer, that he'll become a legitimate option. He's been overshadowed by AI and Webber up to this point.

In regards to AI2, the rumblings are the Sixers staff feels he needs to be more aggresive and essentially be more selfish in taking/finding opportunities. Now how he is supposed to make more opportunities for himself when Iverson and Webber hold the ball for at least 15 seconds every possession, I don't know.

They need to make an effort to actively involve him as opposed to just saying "well if you want it, go get it". That is hardly what I would call coaching.

In regards to AI2, the rumblings are the Sixers staff feels he needs to be more aggresive and essentially be more selfish in taking/finding opportunities. Now how he is supposed to make more opportunities for himself when Iverson and Webber hold the ball for at least 15 seconds every possession, I don't know.

They need to make an effort to actively involve him as opposed to just saying "well if you want it, go get it". That is hardly what I would call coaching.

I agree with both arguments. Iverson and Webber hog the ball on every Sixers possession, but if there's one thing I've noticed in the Philly games I've seen this season, its that Andre is in the background on every play. Its almost as if he's purposefully keeping as far away from the ball as humanly possible at all times. But if there's one word I can use for this play in yesterday's Rookie Challenge, it would be 'aggressive'. The guy demanded the ball, got it, and knocked his shots down. He showed off some range too, which can only be a good thing. He looked like the leader of that Sophmore team from start to finish.

I love Iguodala. He's going to win the Dunk Contest tonight, and he's making a name for himself over this weekend.

The thing for him now, is that he can play as he has all season until his contract comes up, and someone's going to throw money at him based on what they've seen he can do. Not that he should do that, but he could.

The Next 10:

Not in the exact order....

Kevin Garnett

Kobe Bryant

Tim Duncan

Connie Hawkins

Jason Kidd

Bob McAdoo

Gary Payton

Allen Iverson

Reggie Miller

Dominique Wilkins

I can't disagree with any of the picks.

Assuming you mean 10 players added to the 50 greatest list, I'm not sure about Kidd, but who else could be taken? The rest are spot on.

I agree with both arguments. Iverson and Webber hog the ball on every Sixers possession, but if there's one thing I've noticed in the Philly games I've seen this season, its that Andre is in the background on every play. Its almost as if he's purposefully keeping as far away from the ball as humanly possible at all times.

When Iverson has the ball, the whole team tries to keep away from him as they let him go isolated. If you move toward him when he has the ball, all that happens is he gets clogged up.

He should be more aggresive when Webber has the ball, because he is a quality passer. A problem with that, though, is that if you run isolation for AI and then Webber gets the ball it takes time to get across the court to him. At which point the ball will probably have been moved already.

These TNT shows are pretty entertaining actually. The Next 10 and this dunk show.

They should just ditch the 'invitation' thing for the dunk contest, and open up for any volunteer (and maybe narrow it down if lots of people invite). I gotta think a few names would apply.

I agree with both arguments. Iverson and Webber hog the ball on every Sixers possession, but if there's one thing I've noticed in the Philly games I've seen this season, its that Andre is in the background on every play. Its almost as if he's purposefully keeping as far away from the ball as humanly possible at all times.

When Iverson has the ball, the whole team tries to keep away from him as they let him go isolated. If you move toward him when he has the ball, all that happens is he gets clogged up.

He should be more aggresive when Webber has the ball, because he is a quality passer. A problem with that, though, is that if you run isolation for AI and then Webber gets the ball it takes time to get across the court to him. At which point the ball will probably have been moved already.

Which makes me think that maybe he doesn't fit into the Sixers program, he needs more offensive freedom. After watching both guys yesterday, I'd love to see CP3 and AI2 on the same side. My two favourite young players, and the two most talented on the floor yesterday.

I just don't see Kidd as a dominating player. As I said, I don't know who else would take his place. If he retired right now, is he good enough to be on that list? I don't know.

However, Reggie Miller must be on this list. It would be asinine to keep him off.