TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Guest fanofcoils

Increasing the margin of error from 2% to 5% still wasn't enough for Kevin, maybe 6% would be near perfect/perfect.

Guest fanofcoils

Apprently tonight's episode of Idol will be 1 hour. So 11 people = 2 hour show and 10 people = 1 hour show. So much for 1 and a half hours..

Has there ever been a 10 people 1 hour show before? If so, how compact was it? Like the judges have less time to speak, no special guest, Ryan says less stuff, and the show overall feels somewhat rushed?

Apprently tonight's episode of Idol will be 1 hour. So 11 people = 2 hour show and 10 people = 1 hour show. So much for 1 and a half hours..

Has there ever been a 10 people 1 hour show before? If so, how compact was it? Like the judges have less time to speak, no special guest, Ryan says less stuff, and the show overall feels somewhat rushed?

Yeah. I remember when they did something like 10 in 1, or 9 in 1 and it was ridiculously rushed. There's a lot less fluff, but there's also a heavy sense of opening credits, announcement of theme, quick intro of contestant, song, quick judges remarks except for Paula who is MORE obnoxious when there's less time, commercials, rinse repeat, hard sell, end credits. It's almost guaranteed that you won't even really remember most of the people in the middle just because there'll be so many going back to back.

I'm all for less of the fluff pieces. But then again, what really needs to be said when you're singing "songs of the 21st century"? It's pretty much gonna be variations on "I chose <song>, because I like it/it has deep meaning for me/it fits my singing style".

Guest Princess Leena

WWE needs to hire Pickler to replace Maria. She's gold with the dumb girl character. And Pickler's a rare type who'd probably look better with fake titties.

And yeah, tonight will definitely be rushed. I guess there's like 12-15 minutes of commercials. 5 minutes, or so, for other crap. 10 singers in around 40 minutes. I doubt Simon gets to say more than 5 words for any contestant. Therefore, boring.

"I chose "Who let the Dogs out?" because I have a dog and I am the one who lets him out, so that answer would be me. I let the dogs out."

- K-Pickle.

I could see Randy from 'My Name is Earl' saying that, actually.

I saw on another board that Pickler had let slip that she was singing "Barbie Girl". The only thing is, "Barbie Girl" was a pop hit around 97-98. So... stupid, not as dumb as we think, or has been taught well by the AI producers?

As you can see, Lisa was on stage and singing about 2 minutes into the show. Seacrest usually takes that long just making stupid remarks about Simon's outfit/hair.

Lisa sucks as a performer, and that was supposedly her strength. She's bottom 3 tomorrow fo' sure.

Somebody put a bullet in Seacrest. Lisa sucked. We all know it, so stop being a douche for once Ryan.

Kellie is mucho hotter when her face isn't completely dolled up.

Speaking of dolled, she did a TOTAL Dolly gesture at one point during that song.

That last long note wasn't that great.

"I'm sorry" is a great response for Kellie.

"It's cuuuuuute" "I like it". The camera totally loves Kellie. Even the haters gotta admit that.

DROPS OF JUPITER! AAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME.

Ace is going Constantine with his "rock edge". He sounds like shit too already. I guess we're 0 for 3 right off of the top.

Opening the shirt. TREMENDOUS. Ace is pure cheese. THE QUIVERING!! It's the new hand-in-the-pocket.

".. and you didn't sing it well"

Randy Jackson, super-heel.

There was nothing in Musicology that Ace could have pulled from?

I can't think of anything in the last six years for Taylor to pull out.

I know that Michael McDonald released something last year because it was in a bunch of Hallmark commercials if I'm not mistaken. It might not be trendy, but I'm sure he could sing the hell out of it. Or he could just do something off of the Ray soundtrack if there is one. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! *nervous tick from side to side*