AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Guest Princess Leena
"Like a Virgin" - Madonna

I want Kathi to sing this.

And touch herself a lot.

"Like a Virgin" - Madonna

And touch herself a lot.

You need to stop thinking like every man that watches American Idol.

fixed

Guest Princess Leena

Knowing Kat though, she'll sing some boring lovish type song, and dress up like a nun again. :(

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.

Taylor should do this song...and be promptly voted off...but he would go down in a blaze of glory

That top 50 exposes how utterly...utterly out of the loop I am to current music. I've heard maybe....two of those songs.

...not that that's a bad thing.

I'm guessing that "You're Beautiful" is one of those two. Because if you've managed to avoid hearing that song, you may very well be deaf.

And touch herself a lot.

Too bad "I Touch Myself" wasn't in her year then, yeah? Too bad it'd never happen. Fox, the network that gave us such fine family fare as Temptation Island and The Glutton Bowl, must maintain the facade that the AI contestants are sweet and innocent. Even if the judges appear to be medicated.

Guest Princess Leena
"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" - Wham!

That song was #1?

God, I hate people.

Guest Coffey
I'm guessing that "You're Beautiful" is one of those two. Because if you've managed to avoid hearing that song, you may very well be deaf.

I actually like that song.

Hotel California for Taylor would be swank but that's a pretty long song. He'd be cut off at about the three minute mark...and there's not a whole lot of vocal talent required for that song. I mean, Don Henley doesn't really switch it up a lot in that song. Pretty mellow throughout. Not to say Taylor couldn't rock it up a lil' and "make it his own" but that'd probably be a bad thing.

Guest Princess Leena

Is it next week when they start singing 2 songs each, or when it drops to 4 contestants?

yeah, Taylor has really got to do something that brings that big voice of his out as well as his random goofiness...he's been playing it a little too safe lately...I think a trip to the "Bottom 2" would do him a world of good.

I'll begin to finally start voting next week I think. 5 votes per phone, right? Let's see, my cell, wifey's cell, home phone...I think I'm sending 15 votes over for Elliot. The others can easily gain some fame just for being in this thing for so long, he seems like the one who really NEEDS to win this thing to get somewhere.

Guest Princess Leena

I might vote, also. Ortonsault bugged me to. :P And I think we're to the point where AI wouldn't rig the voting.

For this week, all my votes would go to Elliott, also. He's gonna need them. Maybe save some for Kitty Kat, too.

"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" - Wham!

That song was #1?

God, I hate people.

It was the 80's, Leena. Big hair, mullets, synth drums, bikini chicks in heavy metal videos and guys wearing short shorts. Taking all that into consideration, it's not that strange.

Still, sometimes I look back at the music of the era and think "man, they played some serious cheese in my teenaged years". Lush, don't know if you feel the same way.

heh, sometimes I feel ashamed for having grown up in the 80s...yet, when I see something from that era, the nostalgia feeling hits big time and I just can't help but smile!

Guest Princess Leena

Good chance these are wrong since Taylor doesn't have current Top 10 song, so take them for what you will:

Paris Bennett -- "Kiss" by Prince (Tom Jones in 1988) and "Be Without You" by Mary J. Blige.

Katharine McPhee -- "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins and "Black Horse and Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall

Taylor Hicks -- "Play that Funky Music" by Wild Cherry and "Something" by the Beatles (George Harrison wrote this one)

Elliot Yamin -- "On Broadway" by George Benson and "Home" by Micheal Buble

Chris Daughtry -- "Renegade" by Styx and "I Dare You" by Shinedown

Wow, I hope those songs are wrong. If they're right I'll be fast forwarding through a lot of this show.

Don't think KT Tunstall is a good choice vocally for Kat, but it is a song that could allow bouncing so I'll let it go.

Paris. Mary J. Blige. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Elliott was OK doing "On Broadway", but OK is not good at this point as the judges astutely pointed out.

Paris just butchered "Kiss" by Prince. Not a good start to tonight's show.

Chris just buried Elliott and Paris. I think the title is his if that's what Simon wants.