TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

I feel sorry for the unlucky bastard that has their song chosen by Paula...she never does a good job with that. Here's an idea, albeit a stereotypical one: Randy-Taylor (soul patrol songs), Paula-Katharine (pop songs by chicks) and Simon-Elliot (white boy pop music).

Simon has already revealed that he chose Kat's song this week. He didn't say what it was, but he did say she would advance to the finals because of it.

My guess for the rest would be Randy picks for Elliot and Paula for Taylor.

Guest Princess Leena
heh, Simon...she won't be advancing if she continues sucking like she has been for 3 weeks now.

She probably will.

Elliott may have the workrate advantage, but he's jobbing to the star.

Guest Princess Leena

Taylor

Randy's Pick: "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker

Taylor's Pick: ???

Clive's Pick: "Dancing In The Dark" by Bruce Springsteen

Katharine

Simon's Pick: "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" from The Wizard of Oz

Kat's Pick: ???

Clive's Pick: " I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly

Elliott

Paula's Pick: "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell

Elliott's Pick: ???

Clive's Pick: "Open Arms" by Journey

Ugh... I believe I can fly is so bad. And Kat is going to butcher it.

The producers need to pull the executive decision to bench Kat. If she makes the final we already know that whoever her opponent is is going to win. At least with an Elliott/Taylor finale, there will be some drama.

Guest Princess Leena

Not really.

I'd say it's about 95% certainty Taylor is winning now.

Unless AI decides to really push Elliott hard. Can make up some diseases for him, and say all his parents were killed by barbarians.

Not really.

I'd say it's about 95% certainty Taylor is winning now.

Unless AI decides to really push Elliott hard. Can make up some diseases for him, and say all his parents were killed by barbarians.

Exactly, America doesn't decide who wins without Simon's blessing. Everyone and their mother knew Clay was a better talent than Ruben, but the AI producers deemed otherwise because they knew Clay could easily have a career outside of the show and they could get money from two stars instead of one. I wouldn't be shocked to see Taylor do the J-O-B because he'll be successful with or without the AI crown, just like Chris. Katharine will be a dud because she's not as good as Clarkson or Underwood, and she'll be compared to them at every turn. At least with Elliott he can't do any worse than Ruben, and I can't see Taylor singing an "AI" style record. It would basically take everything good and unique about him away, and if you're gonna do that, just let Elliott win and complete the underdog storyline.

Guest Princess Leena

I could see that happening with Elliott... but, I doubt Taylor will be very successful for long after AI, either.

But, I also think AI has to have another breakout winner like Kelly to build up some legitimacy. Which is the only reason I think Kat has a chance. More so as an actress/singer, as I'm sure she'll get some notable gigs after this.

However, with AI not fixing it so Chris stayed in the competition until at least the final two... I have no idea what will happen.

I'd like to debate that Clay was a better "talent" than Ruben...the only advantage he had was that America would rather see a dorky white boy as opposed to an obese black man. Ruben was leagues, vocally, beyond everyone that season.

Guest Princess Leena

Clive's pick for Kat is definitely "I Believe I Can Fly", unless ET is wrong.

Clive's Pick: " I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly

Didn't Monica sing that as well?

I'd like to debate that Clay was a better "talent" than Ruben...the only advantage he had was that America would rather see a dorky white boy as opposed to an obese black man. Ruben was leagues, vocally, beyond everyone that season.

So true. Clay was actually similar to Chris in that he was really unable to operate outside of his comfort zone - ClearChannel-approved "Lite Rock". I never saw him as very good with anything upbeat.

That being said, I think the "anti-Clay" probably helped Ruben win.

Clay sang Journey. Journey.

That's how you win Randy's approval. Just ask Corey Clark.

Nah, the stuff I wrote before removing was junk. Damn. I really wanted Taylor to sing some ..Memphis.

Fucking Springsteen? That's something I could see being good despite me thinking it's going to be awful, but I think it's going to be awful and I can't see it being good. I tend to cover my bases well.

And you have not lived until you have seen Clay perform Prince songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=clay+p...e&v=8sxz77mdai0

I love humanity. We're all so damn human.

Fucking Springsteen? That's something I could see being good despite me thinking it's going to be awful, but I think it's going to be awful and I can't see it being good. I tend to cover my bases well.

If Taylor gets a drunken/doped up Paula up to the stage to dance, I think we've got the AI performance of the year.

BTW, I only made it a minute into that butchering of "When Doves Cry".

What's with Kat doing popular songs from movies?

Dunno, but does anyone besides us remember that "I Believe I Can Fly" was from Space Jam?

Dunno, but does anyone besides us remember that "I Believe I Can Fly" was from Space Jam?

*raises hand*

Yeah, I thought Elliot underwhelmed on the chorus, but everything else was very good (unfortunately, with a song like that, the chorus is the big time sell and he didn't blast it as he should have done - which was what the judges said.

Katharine McPhee just can't help being Katharine McPhee. She'd read the phone book with runs. She is, like, the opposite of Elliot. And this arrangement is all over the place... or is that just Katharine? A mess. But I do like that dress.

Katharine isn't great with the whole judge-interaction. Simon might get pissed if she over-sings Over The Rainbow, cause I think he gave her that song to bring her down a bit (to tame her, if you will).

*raises hand*

Sorry, I meant "us" as in this forum...