TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Ultimate Fight Night IV lineup so far

UFC.tv has 3 fights announced so far for their fourth live Ultimate Fight Night card on April 6th in Vegas. So far we gots........

Keith Jardine vs Stephan Bonnar

Rashad Evans vs Sam Hoger

Joe Stevenson vs Josh Neer

Rumoured/unconfirmed fights:

Jason von Flue vs Luke Cummo

Josh Burkman vs Jon Fitch

Jonathon Goulet vs TBA

Duane Ludwig vs TBA

Sounds like a really interesting card. Keith Jardine vs Stephan Bonnar and Rashad Evans vs Sam Hoger should both be fun to watch. I'd also love to see Jason Von Flue vs Luke Cummo.... except for the fact that I have the underdog sympathy for both of them, I don't want to see either lose. Cummo more so than Von Flue. Burkman I'm intrigued to see more of, I doubt they'll put him up against Diego if he keeps winning.

I'd also love to see Jason Von Flue vs Luke Cummo.... except for the fact that I have the underdog sympathy for both of them, I don't want to see either lose. Cummo more so than Von Flue.

No worries there. Cummo would smash Von Flue something fierce.

Anyways, the trash talking should be fun.

"You look like a dork!"

"No, YOU look like a dork!"

UFC.tv has added Trevor Prangley vs Chael Sonnen and Josh Burkman vs Jon Fitch to the card. With Prangley/Sonnen on this card instead of the originally rumoured UFC 59 card I wonder what spot that frees up? Hopefully Diaz/Sherk comes through.

I'm more interested in seeing if Diaz cares enough about the fight to put in more effort then he did against Riggs. This is a do or die situation for both fighters so hopefully that will light a fire under their asses.

Guest Brian

Nah, Diaz does a great job avoiding ground and pound and offering up offense to keep the guy on top off-balance and working. Sherk won't do enough to finish Diaz more than likely, and unless we get stand-ups galore, Sherk is too strong on the ground and can power out of most submissions.

They've got two fights left to fill, hopefully one of them is Von Flue vs Cummo......

Ze Card~!

Rashad Evans vs Sam Hoger (LHW)

Joe Stevenson vs Josh Neer (WW)

Keith Jardine vs Stephan Bonnar (LHW)

Josh Burkman vs Jon Fitch (WW)

Trevor Prangley vs Chael Sonnen (MW)

Josh Koscheck vs Ansar Chalangov (WW)

I never got to see Hogar get his ass kicked in a satisfying way. I remember I hated his ass on the Ultimate Fighter and wanted to see him go down. Any chance of him getting dealt with harshley here?

Final Card

Main Event: Keith Jardine vs Stephan Bonnar

Rashad Evans vs Sam Hoger

Josh Neer vs Joe Stevenson

Brad Imes vs Gabriel Gonzaga

Chael Sonnen vs Trevor Prangley

Chris Leben vs Luigi Fioravanti

Josh Koscheck vs Ansar Chalangov

Josh Burkman vs Jon Fitch

Well, the TUF guys are the most well known to the SPIKE audience, so in that way, they are the top teir fighters. In the actual skill way, they aren't.

Mostly the "second tier" of UFC fighters. I see it as similar to "Tuesday Night Fights" and the likes - build up exposure against tomato cans so that you buy them as credible opponents when they face the top level guys. Obviously it's a bit more complicated (i.e. political and monetary considerations) than that, but in essence that's what they're doing.

So, it's tonight. A lot of people are predicting that this show is going to bomb. While I won't go as far as to say that it will bomb the UFC definetly did not use any of their momentum or publicity to try and hype this show. The best I can hope for is that we don't get a night full of decisons as that looks to be the case in a few of the fights. And Cummo/Von Flue better make air.

Final Card

Main Event: Keith Jardine vs Stephan Bonnar

Rashad Evans vs Sam Hoger - might be ok if they had interviews

Josh Neer vs Joe Stevenson

Brad Imes vs Gabriel Gonzaga - boring heavyweights

Chael Sonnen vs Trevor Prangley - who are these people

Chris Leben vs Luigi Fioravanti - ohhhh chris has a strong chin....so fucking what, he can never finish a fight

Josh Koscheck vs Ansar Chalangov

Josh Burkman vs Jon Fitch - who?

The fights in bold are the one I want to see, I could care less about the rest.