Guest Brian

Final Card

Main Event: Keith Jardine vs Stephan Bonnar

Rashad Evans vs Sam Hoger - might be ok if they had interviews

Josh Neer vs Joe Stevenson

Jason von Flue vs Luke Cummo

Brad Imes vs Gabriel Gonzaga - boring heavyweights

Chael Sonnen vs Trevor Prangley - who are these people

Chris Leben vs Luigi Fioravanti - ohhhh chris has a strong chin....so fucking what, he can never finish a fight

Josh Koscheck vs Ansar Chalangov

Josh Burkman vs Jon Fitch - who?

The fights in bold are the one I want to see, I could care less about the rest.

Leben's finished 11 of his fifteen wins, including Rivera, Dewees, Swick, and Radach. I don't know what you're talking about.

I just want to see Leben lose. He irritated the hell out of me on TUF.

And Hogar of course. I hate Hogar. It wasn't so much the fact that everyone in the house was against him it was just the shit he said whenever they'd interview him.

Can Koscheck strike yet?

Final Card

Chris Leben vs Luigi Fioravanti - ohhhh chris has a strong chin....so fucking what, he can never finish a fight

Leben's finished 11 of his fifteen wins, including Rivera, Dewees, Swick, and Radach. I don't know what you're talking about.

How many were knockouts?

Guest Brian

Final Card

How many were knockouts?

7 knockouts, 4 submissions, 3 decisions. My boy is a finisher.

Ugh. This fight thus far is pointing out one of Chris' biggest flaws: he struggles when his opponent is not actively trading with him. His hands are too slow and lack KO power unless his opponent come in wildly swinging and get caught with a blind punch.

Guest Brian

Hell No. Same thing would happen that happened in their first fight. Swick would let fly, Leben could eat those until the cows come home, and then land a shot that put him down. I need to upload that fight...

I dissagree, judging from Swick's reaction to the fight on the 1st season of TUF, he recognized his mistakes from the 1st fight and said he would come in with a different game plan.

Final Card

How many were knockouts?

7 knockouts, 4 submissions, 3 decisions. My boy is a finisher.

Leben goes to decision, on every UFC show. Where is the one punch knockout power?

Guest Brian

He's gone to 2 decisions, three if you count the two-round Koscheck fight.

- Chris doesn't have one punch KO power unless his opponent comes in wild...

- ...which is exactly what Swick would do again. Swick is infinitely more skilled than Chris, but would leave that giant asshole of a chin of his up in the air and get caught again.

- ...which is exactly what Swick would do again. Swick is infinitely more skilled than Chris, but would leave that giant asshole of a chin of his up in the air and get caught again.

I dissagree, judging from Swick's reaction to the fight on the 1st season of TUF, he recognized his mistakes from the 1st fight and said he would come in with a different game plan.

Guest Brian

Like Lei said, talking and walking are two different things. Swick looks like the same fighter in his fights.

I'm not buying any of the Leben hype. His fights lacks intensity and I just can't get excited about his JD victories. It's not like he is leaving his opponets as cripples or anything. Leben has an unbreakable chin and great overall defense but there is no power in his punches and when he takes the fight to the ground he makes no attempts at submission. Leben's UFN4 fight was lackluster.

Well, Stevenson still has the same problems that he did as a teenager: a weak-ass bottom game and no stand-up. If Josh had any guard passing ability, this would've been over long ago.

Good for Neer, as thus far he's bounced back from the Fickett loss well.

Joe seemed to have no way of neutralizing Neer's reach advantage from his guard. Joe couldn't keep him close, and Neer from a distance was just teeing off on him. That reach/height/leverage advantage really controlled the fight (That and the shitty kneebar)

Apparently they don't train leglocks at 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, or Rogan toked up with Bravo minutes before they went live if he thought those leglocks were close.

Apparently they don't train leglocks at 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, or Rogan toked up with Bravo minutes before they went live if he thought those leglocks were close.

I've never trained myself, but I could easily tell that Neers leg was never fully extended (I have bad knees, and that leg lock mgith not have even hurt me), you could see that Neer was still getting some flex and really never felt uncomfortable.

EDIT: Just a note, I don't want it to somehow come off that Joe couldn't GET me in a leg lock and break my knee, cus I'm sure he could :)

Rashad looks good to me in some ways.

He has such quick hands and a snappy jab. In fact, he's probably a better pure boxer than 99% of the UFC...but he doesn't have power, and while he can get takedowns easily on the bigger Hoger, he doesn't seem to have any clue what to do once he has the takedown. He's so raw imho.

Rashad seems to buy into the idea that arbitrarily bobbing and weaving makes a good boxer. This got him put on his ass against Jardine.

Good to see that even after moving to Jackson's camp Rashad refuses to train in submissions. Fucker.

Can somebody summarize what I missed. I just tuned in during Sam/Rashad.

In the battle between red and blue states, Leben won via JD

Joe Stevenson's blond hair turned red from several cuts

Shamrock was talking some smack to hype up TUF3

Did I mention that TUF3 is next

UFC 59 is sold out

TUF3 is next with Shamrock and Ortiz as coaches

Xyience is the offical sponser for TUF3

Ortiz vs Griffin will be fighting at UFC59