TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

UFC All Access

So far I am really digging this. For one, it opened with Rachelle Leah in a bra and unzipped jeans which was a pretty good start. Then it showed her at Rich's front door and Rich took us through his wake-up routine. The Xyience product placement is certainly there, but they do a better job of it than TUF.

I missed most of it and wanted to see this. My question is in regards to Franklin's home. did they show much of it? Did he have a nice pad? I guess I'm curious to see how the guy does with his earnings as a top player for UFC. I'm under the assumption that White doesn't pay him much at all, but, with endorsements, etc., how does he appear to be doing? Better than teaching I'd assume.

It was just a regular home you'd see in the suburbs.

Franklin is probably making well over 6 figures. I read he made $26,000 (13,000 to show, 13,000 to win) for his fight with Quarry, which pretty much everyone thinks is a fucking outrage considering Franklin has been a part of two of the biggest gates in UFC history. Franklin is making more on sponsorship, than anything else. I would assume Dana gives the dude bonus money on the side, cause it's just plain wrong for one of their top stars to be making that little cake.

Below is an article from Ivan Trembow

linked here

http://www.ivansblog.com/2005/12/mixed-mar...aries-fail.html

-----------------------------

-While Hughes' lack of a salary increase over the past three years is a bit mind-boggling, the unofficial award for the most grossly underpaid fighter on this show undoubtedly has to go to Rich Franklin. He was only paid $13,000 to fight and an additional $13,000 to win, despite the fact that he was in the main event, and is the UFC Middleweight Champion, and is also just coming off being one of the two coaches on a hit reality TV show.

You may wondering how it's possible for Franklin's contract to only be paying him that amount of money when in the past year alone he decimated a huge name in Ken Shamrock on free television with nearly two million people watching, he dominated the Middleweight Champion Evan Tanner to become the champion, and he was one of the two coaches on TUF 2. The reason it's possible is the same reason that it's possible for the TUF winners to be making what they're making: He's locked into a long-term contract.

You have to give Zuffa credit: They had the foresight to sign Franklin to a seven-fight contract before the Ken Shamrock fight, Evan Tanner fight, or TUF 2 coaching gig ever happened. Now, Franklin is locked into that contract and cannot seek a more appropriate market value for himself elsewhere. Instead, his multi-fight UFC contract is scheduled to pay him slightly more with each passing fight, but he will still be grossly underpaid for the forseeable future unless the UFC decides to voluntarily give him a new and more equitable contract.

While you have to give Zuffa credit for contractually locking Franklin up long-term, you also have to give Franklin credit for being a man of his word. In a situation that was similar in some ways and very different in other ways, Tito Ortiz refused to honor his contract with the UFC just two fights into a six-fight contract, showing that neither his word nor his name on the dotted line really mean anything. Actually, Ortiz was one of the highest-paid UFC fighters even with the contract that he held out to avoid honoring, which is certainly not the case with Franklin.

Also, Franklin's contract pays him about one-sixth per fight what Ortiz' contract paid him, and Franklin is still honoring his contract even as he cements his world-class elite status with the first successful UFC Middleweight Title defense in a very long time. I commend Franklin for being a man of his word, but I also hope for his sake that Zuffa voluntarily re-works his contract to pay him more.

Guest Brian

I'm sure they'd be paying him large chunks for the sidework (TUF, All Access) he's done for him to compensate. Or I'd should say I'd hope.

If Josh Koscheck can make 200,000 this year factoring in sponsors and fights with whatever he's doing on the side and Chuck is pulling down 2.7 million, Franklin's got to be making a good deal of sponsorship money.