TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops 2/27/2006 - 03/12/2006

Where in the HELL did Air Force come from?

How did Bama get in with a 17-12 record?

Cincy, Hofstra, Florida St, and SWMS all get left out in the cold. And I thought there was a play-in game? Where did that go?

Nova looks good assuming Ray is OK.

BC could easily bump them out though especially with how physical they are.

OSU/G'town would be a game I'd like to watch even though it won't likely be exciting.

That bracket didn't do anything for me, and some of the teams that got bumped out are shocking.

BC is horrible in NCAA tournaments, if Ray is OK then I think Nova can get past them.

Time to play "Which round will Florida choke in?" I say the second round.

Carolina would KILL Tennessee if they played because UNC has Hansborough and Tennessee's severe weakness is the post.

I'm still stoked and surprised that we got the 2 seed, even though we WERE #5 in the RPI.

Atlanta bracket is the hardest for me to predict...but

I have Iowa, Pitt, UNC, Villanova

my second picks are Texas, UCLA, UConn, and BC

(I also like nevada in that Minneapolis bracket)

Here's the thing about CBS, they will go "How can so-so not make it, why is so-so placed here". NCAA gives their non-answer and CBS will go "well, that makes sense. great work by the selection committee yet again"

I reiterate, that bracket looks fantastic for UNC. I would take them out of there in a heartbeat.

OU got pretty lucky. I thought they'd draw an MVC team, but instead they get UW-Milwaukee, who aren't as good as when they had the 12 seed last year.

So did they eliminate the play-in game?

No. Monmouth/Hampton winner plays 'Nova.

Ok, that makes no sense. Shouldn't the last team in be playing the #1 overall seed?

I reiterate, that bracket looks fantastic for UNC. I would take them out of there in a heartbeat.

OU got pretty lucky. I thought they'd draw an MVC team, but instead they get UW-Milwaukee, who aren't as good as when they had the 12 seed last year.

Yeah OU actually got a decent draw, UW-Milwaukee isn't like last year, and they probably get longtime chokers Florida in the second round.

Nantz and Packer both battling for the BIGGEST DOUCHE OF THE YEAR award.

Damn, they plain cut him the fuck off. Wow, Nantz just is acting like a major league pissed asshole.

The idiotic thing about Nantz and Packer ragging on the little conferences: who the hell from the major conferences are they gonna put in? Outside of Cincy, I can't think of any real snubs, and even that should have just been a trade with Seton Hall. Love those awkward silences, and Nantz cutting off Littlepage like an absolute dick.

Unfortunately, the committee did just as much badness to the mid-majors by picking Air Force instead of Hofstra or Missouri State.

Nantz, cutting him off was awesome. While Littlepage was baffled, Nantz and Packer basically are crying "WE DONT KNOW ANY OF THOSE TEAMS! THAT MEANS MORE RESEARCH! WE WANT ALL POWER-TEAMS."

Wow...Nantz and Packer need to get fucking smacked!

Don't these guys get it?! Getting in the Tournament is not about Previous Tournament performance!!! It's about your season!!!!

Nantz knows fuck all about college hoops.

Clark is an idiot if he thinks all 4 # 1's make it to the final 4. I'd be stunned if even 2 of them get that far.

Looking at the Atlanta bracket, if Texas doesn't get to the Sweet 16 then they need to drop men's basketball.

Gottlieb is a fucking idiot trying to pimp Memphis, Bucknell could definitely pull an upset in the second round.

Wow...Nantz and Packer need to get fucking smacked!

Don't these guys get it?! Getting in the Tournament is not about Previous Tournament performance!!! It's about your season!!!!

One thing I can say is none of these selections of the bubble teams make any sense. But seriously, who from the power conferences did they think deserved in? Maryland? Florida State? I'm a Florida St fan and even I admitted freely that the Noles needed 20 wins to get in.

I just have no idea where Air Force and Utah State came from. Their non-conference schedules were shit so bad they made Florida State's weak schedule look overwelhming.

But, you don't understand the power conferences have 25 sweet 16 teams since blah blah blah. It doesn't matter that they have 4 times as many teams that make the tourney, or that Duke, UConn and others make it that far every year because they are national powerhouses. Using stats that don't say anything seem to be their specialty. Fucking idiots.

Oh God, the ESPN show. Gee I wonder who Vitale is taking to win it all...

I personally think that if Calhoun gets his team's heads on straight, UConn could roll through this tourney.

LSU could be a scary matchup for Duke due to their size, Glen Davis is good enough to deal with Shelden Williams.

The only good thing about the NCAA tourney on CBS.... I don't have to hear Vitale masturbating about Duke.