TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
St. Gabe

Who loves them some crabcakes?

I tried them solely because of Vince Vaughn's fascination with them in Wedding Crashers. PHENOMENAL.

Which are your favorites?

DO TELL, kids

Guest Vitamin X

I love crabcakes, my favorite was up at this fancy shmancy place up on the Maryland side of D.C. when I was last up there.

I tried them solely because of Vince Vaughn's fascination with them in Wedding Crashers. PHENOMENAL.

Which are your favorites?

DO TELL, kids

Part of Wedding Crashers was filmed in Cambridge MD, which is about 1/2 hour or so from where I live. I only mention this because Maryland is famous for its crabs(and subsequently crabcakes), and Im fucking allergic to shelfish.

CRAB CAKES AND FOOTBALL...THATS WHAT MARYLAND DOES!

You ready for the noise? You ready for the noise to be brought on you? THE NOISE

I made some crabcakes the other night. Grocery Store had a sale 2 Crabs/$10. So I bought a couple, tore them apart, and used the meat to make crab cakes.

Oh and Maryland does have the best crabcakes.

I've only had them once at a buffet and I was sorely disappointed in the batch I got. I'm sure I'd love 'em if I could find a place that made good ones.

I've only had them once at a buffet and I was sorely disappointed in the batch I got. I'm sure I'd love 'em if I could find a place that made good ones.

Where was the buffet and how much was it? Most resteraunts use imitation crab and load the thing with 98% bread crumbs, and hardly any crab.

I want to check out the buffet at Thunder Valley because now on Friday/Saturday they have seafood as well.

If they're made with the lump crab meat on top with Hollandaise sauce? Delicious.

If they're basically big, fishy-tasty bread patties, I'll pass.

Imitation crab meat's pretty bomb if you sautee it in a little butter with a ton of cayenne, and sear the shit out of it.

If they're made with the lump crab meat on top with Hollandaise sauce? Delicious.

If they're basically big, fishy-tasty bread patties, I'll pass.

Imitation crab meat's pretty bomb if you sautee it in a little butter with a ton of cayenne, and sear the shit out of it.

I'll have to try that, and yes, lump crab meat, mustard/hollandaise deal on top...fucking great.

One time, I went to Denver.

For like vacation.

I went out to eat, and ordered a peel-n-eat shrimp cocktail.

My party promptly laughed and said, "someone thinks they're still in MD"

and you know? It wasn't terrible, but the shrimp was definitely not as good.

I renew my thanks of being on the east coast.

Guest rockaustin
Crabcakes taste the best coming off a cheap Chinese buffet. Only the Chinese know how to cook these things right.

That is very true. I was actually thinking of going to the chinese place tmrw next door to my dad's store to get some of those with some general chicken...but then I remembered that they don't have the buffet on saturdays. I'll just have to order a batch, but it'll cost more.

I usually get the buffet where I fill up a little foam box with a bunch of stuff and pay for by weight. It always comes to $3 or $4.

Have you ever had general tsao's SHRIMP? Good God damn if not, you have not truly lived. My resturant makes the best, triple breaded and fried, so amazing that stuff is!