The Squid and the Whale

Best Adapted Screenplay

A History of Violence

Brokeback Mountain

Capote

The Constant Gardener

Munich

-----

Italicized is who I want to win, bold is who I think will win.

Best Picture

Brokeback Mountain

Capote

Crash

Good Night and Good Luck

Munich

Best Director

George Clooney-Good Night and Good Luck

Paul Haggis- Crash

Ang Lee- Brokeback Mountain

Bennett Miller-Capote

Steven Spielberg-Munich

Best Actor

Philip Seymour Hoffman-Capote

Terrance Howard-Hustle and Flow

Heath Ledger-Brokeback Mountain

David Strathairn-Good Night and Good Luck

Joaquin Phoenix-Walk the Line

Best Actress

Judi Dench-Mrs. Henderson Presents

Felicity Huffman-Transamerica

Keira Knightley-Pride and Prejudice

Charlize Theron- North Country

Reese Witherspoon-Walk the Line

Best Supporting Actor

Geoge Clooney-Syriana

Matt Dillon-Crash

Paul Giamatti-Cinderella Man

Jake Gyllenhaal- Brokeback Mountain

William Hurt-A History of Violence

Best Supporting Actress

Amy Adams-Junebug

Catherine Keener-Capote

Frances McDormand-North Country

Rachel Weisz-The Constant Gardener

Michelle Williams-Brokeback Mountain

Best Original Screenplay

Crash

Good Night and Good Luck

Match Point

Syriania

The Squid and the Whale

Best Adapted Screenplay

A History of Violence

Brokeback Mountain

Capote

The Constant Gardener

Munich

Guest Vitamin X

Munich's a grossly underrated film.

The Best Actor/Actress field this year is pretty weak, too.

They'll give the best actress award to Judi Dench, considering there's no clear-cut favorite and she's got the most experience and isn't going to be doing too many more feature roles.

Guest Vitamin X

Yes, Felicity Huffman will take it because the Best Actress award for the past few years has gone to an actress that's done something crazy to her appearance for her role. Playing a transgendered mom would do the trick here.

I'd be surprised that the Academy would take Reese Witherspoon seriously.

Yes, Felicity Huffman will take it because the Best Actress award for the past few years has gone to an actress that's done something crazy to her appearance for her role. Playing a transgendered mom would do the trick here.

I'd be surprised that the Academy would take Reese Witherspoon seriously.

What, going brunette for a roll doesn't count? :lol:

Okay I know that was bad, but hey I had to say it

That really is pathetic when you think about it. Basically its saying that an beautifull actress "plain Jane-ing" herself is Oscar Worthy on its own, let alone what kind of job they do in the movie

Kind of goes with their "affliction" love-fest as well. I mean it's one thing if the role really was deserving of awards and praise, but its almost become so cliched now that it comes off as, well, patronizing towards those who share the affliciton of the character that the actor/actress wins it for

Guest Vitamin X

Well, you know, the Best Picture winner usually goes to a movie in which the main character dies.

But doesn't it count that a. Judi Dench had the best performance...and b. she's the best all-around actress too...

Oh wait, what am i talking about.

Yeah Reese Witherspoon probably will win.

Hollywood likes good looking actresses who has a good dramatic performence. Just look at most of the last 10 winners. I would say Witherspoon, is the winner. However, playing a transgender hasn't hurt oscar hopefuls either, so Huffman has a shot.

I have a feeling, the voters will like the liberal message of CRASH, enough to put it over B.M.

Joaquin could win Best Actor, since the field isn't that strong...but I have a feeling Hoffman has one of those "well...okay" wins but Howard could win just so Hollywood can say "HEY LOOK! BLACK PEOPLE CAN WIN AGAIN! AND IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL EITHER!". (and Black America, will complain about it somehow)

The realistic prediction is that Jon Stewart makes a joke that offends the liberals and that becomes the story.

Academy will give up trying to get edgy popular hosts and call Billy Crystal or Steve Martin to do the next 15 shows.

Lets see George M. Cohan, Loretta Lynn, Ray Charles...

Can Johnny Cash and June Carter be the fourth and fifth music artist (yeah I'm counting Cohan even though he was more a Broadway actor/singer/dancer/producer/writer/ect) respectivtly to have someone win an Oscar for their portrayl of them

Lets see George M. Cohan, Loretta Lynn, Ray Charles...

Can Johnny Cash and June Carter be the fourth and fifth music artist (yeah I'm counting Cohan even though he was more a Broadway actor/singer/dancer/producer/writer/ect) respectivtly to have someone win an Oscar for their portrayl of them

Only one will win it, if any. I'll say Witherspoon has the better chance. Joaquin, probably suffers from a lack of hype and the fact that Foxx, won last year (tortured singer protrayal)

Reese is a virtual lock. And Transamerica really wasn't that good, so Felicity shouldn't win.

Joaquin could win Best Actor, since the field isn't that strong

Are you serious?

Reese is a virtual lock. And Transamerica really wasn't that good, so Felicity shouldn't win.

Joaquin could win Best Actor, since the field isn't that strong

Are you serious?

Where everyone is equal, there's no strong name. I just worded it wrong.

The only way Huffman wins, if voters go with the somewhat standard routine of giving the award for actors/actress's who change themselves for the movie.

Problem is? They got a beautiful, popular hollywood starlet who actually had a good if not great performence in the way. They'll take the beautiful blonde over the TV star who changed her make up.

Also, just wondering if Michelle Williams somehow won the BSA award...would she be only the second actress from a teen soap show (Dawson's Creek) to win an Oscar? (Swank, had a stint with 90210).

They have to reward Walk the Line somehow, give it to Reese. No one gives a shit about Transamerica.

I admire what Felicity Huffman did, but Reese was better.

I'm not arguing that Huffman should win, she shouldn't. I was just saying, I wouldn't shocked if Huffman won because she has that one quality the voters like.

I'm waiting for a retarded transgender who gained 50 lbs for the role to arrive.

I ordered the "Goodnight and Good Luck" DVD off of Amazon hoping that it was good, since no theater anywhere near me ever seemed to be playing it. I haven't seen ANY of these movies, although my idiot sister-in-law's idiot husband informs us that "Walk the Line" was one of the worst movies he'd ever seen.

I ordered the "Goodnight and Good Luck" DVD off of Amazon hoping that it was good, since no theater anywhere near me ever seemed to be playing it. I haven't seen ANY of these movies, although my idiot sister-in-law's idiot husband informs us that "Walk the Line" was one of the worst movies he'd ever seen.

She needs to leave her husband, now.

I'm watching the RC show on E! and I think Paul Giamatti rented his tux at the Salvation Army.

I could see someone not liking Walk the Line if they don't like country.

The new religious type ads for Walk The Line are pretty annoying.

Guest El Satanico
I think Paul Giamatti rented his tux at the Salvation Army

That's how I'd show up if I was walking the red carpet, only with uglier clothes

She needs to leave her husband, now.

We've been saying that for years.

I saw Capote yeasterday, and Hoffman fucking deserves it. Holy shit, he was fantastic. Also, Terrence Howard should've been nominated for Crash instead of Hustle and Flow.

I wouldn't be suprised if they gave Giamatti BSA since they screwed him twice already.

I could see someone not liking Walk the Line if they don't like country.

The new religious type ads for Walk The Line are pretty annoying.

Funny, while Cash went headlong into religion right as the movie ends (not in the full HBK mode, but nearly close enough that I can see atheists and such not liking him) and it would be a strong aspect of his life untill he died the movie doesn't really touch on that aspect, with the exceptions of a handfull of references

BTW one of his (Cash's that is) sisters died this weekend (I think there is one brother and one sister left of Cash's 6 siblings), maybe there will be some "added" divine inspiration!

=;)