TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

Fight of the Year Thread

BUMPED

So, Hansen vs Azeredo was fucking ace. Ditto for Gomi vs Arai. They need to be added to the list. Bonnar/Jardine was a fun fight but probably won't be remembered when the year-end lists are made.

The thing is, neither guy can be robbed in a close fight like that. 29-28 for either guy could be argued; it's the 30-27 thrown in there that absolutely ruins the scoring (29-27 doesn't help, either).

Also, the middle round was kind of weak action wise, though good drama with Tito falling to pieces in more ways than one and Forrest coming back.

Tito clearly won that fight. Watch it with the volume turned down.

Most of Forrest's punches were blocked, while Tito scored about the same while standing up. Tito pretty much destroyed him in that first round. I can't see Forrest winning that fight. The first and third rounds were clearly his.

Tito clearly won that fight. Watch it with the volume turned down.

Most of Forrest's punches were blocked, while Tito scored about the same while standing up. Tito pretty much destroyed him in that first round. I can't see Forrest winning that fight. The first and third rounds were clearly his.

We must have been watching a different fight. Even in round 3 whenn Tito took Forrest down, Forrest did more on the ground then Tito did.

Guest Brian

Tito landed the biggest shots of that round, and that's taking the takedown out of play because Tito did nothing with it. If Forest had gone after the leg after shaking Tito up, I think he would have won the round and the fight, but he did not have enough behind his punches or elbows from the bottom to do much damage. It was close enought to warrant a close decision, but not enough to win.

And a BS ending.

Seriously, Shut the fuck up.

Your the only person claiming it is a BS ending. Everyone else is saying it is a close desicion with Tito eeking out the victory. I havent seen the fight yet, but I will go with the majority of the fans.

I like Forrest more then I like Tito, but be unbiased.

Oh and GSP Vs. BJ Penn is fight of the year from what I have seen.

And a BS ending.

Your the only person claiming it is a BS ending. Everyone else is saying it is a close desicion with Tito eeking out the victory. I havent seen the fight yet, but I will go with the majority of the fans.

1. Dama isn't the only person crying bullshit on the finish

2. For somebody who hasn't seen the fight you're fairly quick to jump on people who have

And a BS ending.

1. Dama isn't the only person crying bullshit on the finish

2. For somebody who hasn't seen the fight you're fairly quick to jump on people who have

The only ones crying about the desicion are Forrest Griffin nuthuggers. Everyone else says it said Tito narrowly won.

Oh and I post that along time ago, and since then I have seen the fight, and I had Tito winning. Alot of Forrest's punches were blocked.

Dickhead.

Your insults need a lot of work, 'sides, there wasn't really anything dickheadish about what I said. Dickheadish would be saying you talk a lot of shit for somebody who's shown bare minumum knowledge of MMA.

Your insults need a lot of work, 'sides, there wasn't really anything dickheadish about what I said. Dickheadish would be saying you talk a lot of shit for somebody who's shown bare minumum knowledge of MMA.

Well you seem to target me alot lately, which is why I'm calling you a dickhead. You still catching feelings over the fact that I knew Sylvia would knock out your masterbation material?

MastUrbation material. I'll pay attention to your half-assed retorts when you can spell correctly, mmmkay?

I'm past cranking it to Andrei as lately I've discovered that Guy Mezger is cute in an odd way.

You didn't "know" anything about Sylvia/AA, though. You guessed, correctly, that Arlovski could get dropped if he took a shot, which he did. Like I said before, this proves nothing in terms of your knowledge of MMA. But that gem in the TUF thread about Solomon not being KO'd did.

I personally feel Forrest won that fight, but like most people, I accept Tito winning. It was a close, good fight. I think most people, even "Forrest Nuthuggers", I hate the term "Nuthuggers" by the way, accept that. What most people agree is there is no way in hell Tito won 30-27, and that is what leaves a bad taste in most people's mouths. That one judge, I dunno if he was even watching the fight. 29-28 is fine, but 30-27 is saying Tito won all three rounds, Forrest atleast won Rd 2.

That Butterbean fight with Aguilera was awesome fun. He tried, by god, he tried. ANyone who throws a DROPKICK in MMA gets my seal of approval.

MastUrbation material. I'll pay attention to your half-assed retorts when you can spell correctly, mmmkay?

I'm past cranking it to Andrei as lately I've discovered that Guy Mezger is cute in an odd way.

You didn't "know" anything about Sylvia/AA, though. You guessed, correctly, that Arlovski could get dropped if he took a shot, which he did. Like I said before, this proves nothing in terms of your knowledge of MMA. But that gem in the TUF thread about Solomon not being KO'd did.

And your perfect in every sense?

Remember you saying that Boxing no longer rules Saturday and that UFC is for Saturdays in the Saturday Night Main Event thread in the WWE forum? Considering the Vargas/Mosley, Judah/Mayweather, and Mayorga/De La Hoya together outdrew every UFC event from this year and last year combined, proves you wrong.

Wow you have more knowledge about MMA then me, good for you. I only started to get into MMA the 1st season of The Utlimate Fighter. Great accomplishment. I bet I can still kick your ass.

I bet I could skool you all with my Mooey Ty, Bee Jay Jay, and Rasslin skeelos by the kilos.

Rudo wins the thread.

And after watching the fight a second time, and eve after being a fan of Tito after TUF3, I still think Forrest was somewhat stiff to lose, and that 30-27 was a HUGE crock of shit.

That said, it was a hell of a fight, and it'll certainly should be considered at least a FOTYC. BJ Penn vs. GSP also.